Demonstration of the E-Cat QX - 24 November - Summary thread

• Official Post

He is extremely inventive,

For example concerning LENR, from my point of view the concept of the LENR powered Ecat is not Rossi invention in its core. He has taken several other concepts and brought them together as a new construct the Ecat. And this is where the biggest problem lies, because Rossi can always claim that individual components of the Ecat have already earned scientific merits somewhere in theory and practice. But of course that says nothing about the functionality of the Ecat itself. Rossi plays this game masterfully, he leases spaces in venerable university facilities, he lets young physicists bring theoretic considerations on paper, but they do not write about experimental results of the Ecat itself (they were probably not even allowed to inspect the device), but alone on the basis of Rossi's remarks on the subject, which, in turn, is a collection of scientific findings by other researchers that he sells as his own. That's exactly where Rossi is a true master! Chapeau! ;)

• Official Post

The reactor Rossi builds.and everything else around it is so secretive that I am afraid every buyer will have to swear to not try to open and inspect it or be slain by GROSS (Global ROssi Secret Service) which is being jointly established in cooperation with one major secret service of the world leading country identity of which I can not name of course.

• Another question, hopefully not off topic. How do people in the community view Randell Mills? Again, I would not presume to judge in the matter, not having much acquaintance. But there is a lot in common with the approach of Rossi...since about 1993 he is very near to a commercial device, and uses that kind of wording to attract investors. Is his research and theory considered to be of value?

• And still they give him money by the bucket-full. C'est remarkable, non?

Not remarkable. The world is awash with stupid capital these days. That is why, for example, many harebrained ventures Silicon Valley companies such as "Juicero" have been funded lately. Juicero got $120 million. See:

https://www.theguardian.com/te…icon-valley-shutting-down

All this capital looking for a home is one of the reasons cold fusion has not been funded. It may seem contradictory, but that is how investments work. Lots of capital means wealthy people are super-wealthy, at levels not seen since 1929. Cold fusion is a real opportunity that might make billions, but it is also a real risk, that might lose completely without generating a dollar in return. When people who are already wealthy look for an investment, they look for something that is low-risk with a high return. The classic example of this was the effort by Theodore Judah to launch the Transcontinental Railroad before the Civil War. He tried to raise money in San Francisco at the height of the gold rush. At that time, wealthy people could buy into gold or silver mines and a make a fortune overnight. There were millionaires gambling away $100,000 a night in San Francisco, and (supposedly) lighting cigars with $100 bills. Yet Judah could not raise more that a thousand dollars or so from this crowd for a venture that eventually turned out to be one of the best investments in history. It was too risky compared to silver mines.

The railroad was eventually launched by Lincoln, with government loans and guarantees. The railroads repaid the loans within about 20 years as I recall, so it was a good deal for everyone. The deal was greased with roughly $20 million in bribes paid to members of Congress. ($330 million in today's dollars.)

• Official Post

I have some direct evidence that Rossi is committed to building a factory now but am not at liberty to state it.

AA,

Thank you. We need all the rumors we can get. After all, LENR advances one rumor at a time. Not to discourage you from providing more of them in the future, but this one rumor just does not tell me anything. "committed" is an open end term that does not imply action, but simply a desire/want to do something. Rossi has expressed all kinds of desire, said all kinds of things, made all kinds of promises.... yet here we are 7 years later (11 really), and nada.

Just out of curiosity, did Sifferkoll provide you this "direct evidence"?

• every buyer will have to swear to not try to open and inspect it

Already forgotton - Rossi will implement a self destruction mechanism...:P

http://e-catworld.com/2011/06/…ct-intellectual-property/

Rossi is such a great inventor.

I heard (from a source which I can’t disclose here), that - in order to keep the production process and QuarkX IP secret - Rossi now develops (in partnership with a global player in automation) totally new type of robots, which are only visible as long as nobody looks at them. So genious!

• We_Cat:

Perhaps you could provide evidence for this assertion?

My memory re woodworker is that he thought there was a fair danger the Jury would split the baby and in that situation IH are financially bound to stop the trial if Rossi comes to his senses?

But you can refresh my memory, no doubt.

• And still they give him money by the bucket-full. C'est remarkable, non?

Shane linked the blog from Marcia above. Should be required reading.

Rossi is clearly a very good talker, charming, charismatic, clever enough to seem very clever, wholly committed to his ideas and working on them continuously.

Much as we would think here.

That is all consistent with a charismatic genius. It is also consistent with a charismatic deluded person.

I can easily see how, especially when Rossi promises working LENR, many new investors will be blind to the negatives. I'd expect Rossi is still equally charismatic and convincing when talking to friends. Others will see both sides, but jump on the positives, and with such an emotional investment it must be difficult to recant.

The negatives are, for us who can take a more considered view, damning:

Genius? We know Rossi is either a bare-faced charlatan (which I don't believe) or his technical ability is highly flawed, and he does not recognise this. The classic case is the mis-measurement of the old e-cats using average V and A meters on a chopped waveform. But there are other cases (the control reactor that measured high power output just the same as the active ones, the quark-X input power measured as power across a current sense resistor). In all these cases Rossi's reaction to correction is not that of a genius (immediate understanding, rectification of the mistake). Instead he denies it. If that is accepted all is good. If that is challenged he becomes highly emotional. T

That is human, of course. It also means that Rossi can very easily be working in a bubble of his own in which superficial cleverness and charisma convince those willing to be convinced, and anyone who is independent-minded and technically literate gets frozen out (yes, we have many examples). This was always on the cards: delusion is much more common than genius, but we now have multiple incontrovertible evidence from many sources.

Alan and friends, if convinced Piantelli had working LENR, can equally convince themselves that Rossi, working with this, has something real for all his flaws. I'd just point out that Rossi has no ability himself to know whether his devices work, and every ability to concoct flawed measurements that make non-working devices appear to work. He has done this many times. His lack of technical nous is documented.

I'd like Alan to engage with this and put the definite evidence he feels supports his position. But, as always (see Adrian above) those claiming miracles claim also that they are bound not to reveal them.

I'm glad of Marcia's charitable, and in many ways positive, pencil-sketch of the Rossi character. It explains why this has been a such a dramatic and involving story.

• Already forgotton - Rossi will implement a self destruction mechanism...:P

http://e-catworld.com/2011/06/…ct-intellectual-property/

Rossi is such a great inventor.

I heard (from a source which I can’t disclose here), that - in order to keep the production process and QuarkX IP secret - Rossi now develops (in partnership with a global player in automation) totally new type of robots, which are only visible as long as nobody looks at them. So genious!

Didn't Rossi come up with a plan to sell just heat, instead of selling "devices"? Probably just a padlocked box, with an electric fence, with a power cord and water pipe inlet , and a steam pipe with a meter to the customer? He may just need some guards to prevent people from breaking the box...to steel his "IP"...:)

Didn't Rossi come up with a plan to sell just heat, instead of selling "devices"?

Wouldn't that be sort of like Toyota selling rides to the supermarket instead of cars and trucks?

• That's odd. I have some direct evidence that a couple of Rossi supporters are about to be 'commited' - but it's a big secret, so i can't say anything at all about it, especially on such a public forum...

A typical example of several on this page where the rolls express opinions based on other trolls comments, without any facts to back their opinions.

The information that I got about Rossi building a factory came as a result of discussions with a government politician.

Apparently any information that backs Rossi's statements is viewed here as false and the writer is then attacked. As you are clearly not interested in new information I will keep that in mind before sharing more.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.