Demonstration of the E-Cat QX - 24 November - Summary thread

• Dear THHuxleynew,

The discussion is rather irrelevant, right?

Rossie moved on from a business partner from hell, that, cheered-on by its fanbase, stated that they would crush the conning liar into oblivion.

However, what we are discussing now is that the above just did not happen. Did it? And that you and others were convinced it would happen.

Your "black and white" statement is correct. However, you, and WW for that matter, consciously or not, constantly switch between "it's complex and look at all the shades of grey" and "he is a liar, how black and white do you want me to serve it to you?".

The switching, combined with a large dosis of hindsight theory gives you (and others on this forum) the impression that you are seldomly wrong, while it is closer to the truth that you use a lot of words and add layers of complexity to hide that you are wrong about the fundamentals most of the time.

We'll see. It seems to me that Rossi is again working on something we can soon bicker about. You probably will be one of the first to start criticizing him. I am looking forward to, while i am reading your posts, envision a motivated older guy with a negative grin, hammering at his keyboard, trying to save the world from Andrea Rossi.

All the best,

JB

• Official Post

About epistemology, you should never forget ...

who... I forgot...:/

Ah8|, before Semmelweiss (1845), Oliver Gordon de Aberdeen (thesis in 1795)

http://www.antimicrobe.org/h04…is%20in%20perspective.pdf

the denial ended in 1857, with pasteur, who was an outsider (chemist) insulted until he won the hearts and the minds with modern methods of communication.

Gordon was ignored, then Semmelweis interned, then Pasteur insulted and finally won.

The war was at least 1795-1857 (63 years), but it seems the ideas circulated for a century.

Note that by the time of Semmelweis the poor illiterate mothers were absolutely aware of the mortality statistics in hospital and managed to deliver in the street near the hospital and only later be cared in the hospital.

The doctors seems sincere as one doctor commit suicide after he understood he killed a cousin.

Delusion by experts is sincere and ignore facts that outsiders understand clearly.

• we_cat_global

Rossie moved on from a business partner from hell, that, cheered-on by its fanbase, stated that they would crush the conning liar into oblivion.

However, what we are discussing now is that the above just did not happen. Did it? And that you and others were convinced it would happen.

When have I ever said I was so convinced? Or, for example, Jed? I suggest you find examples before making such statements.

You are not distinguishing between saying Rossi is a business partner from hell and saying IH would win on financially satisfactory terms the Court Case.

Would IH have won, you ask? We will never know because Rossi having dragged them to the altar of litigation, copped out of it at the last moment before he was due to testify. Remember, IH never wanted this battle, and did not start it.

• You, and WW for that matter, consciously or not, constantly switch between "it's complex and look at all the shades of grey" and "he is a liar, how black and white do you want me to serve it to you?".

I can't speak for WW, but:

Rossi is a liar in black and white (the Court documents). You need the patience to read them in detail, and the ability to cross-correlate statements. Or, for one example, just the ability to read what Rossi has boasted about his own actions.

The court case, and how it will go before a Jury, was always complicated, with no clear outcome.Though it is a pity we did not to get to see it through - sometimes more clarity can emerge from such a process than expected.

• Not commenting right now on the parties involved, the contract was definantly straight from hell. I don't know why Rossi agreed to give over all of his past, current, and future IP. All I can guess is that for some reason or another he was desparate.

I wonder when IH caught on to his usage of EVOs as his LENR catalyst.

• Degassed, surface sputtered (for cleaning and surface geometry optimization), proton bombarded, highly embrittled nickel exposed to EVO stimulation in a plasma environment is the ticket, IMO. No need for deuterium or palladium, but a touch of lithium could assist.

If Mizuno fired off a spark gap in his reactor I expect his excess heat would surge.

• TTM - plan on being among the last too know. One of the nice things about light speed is that comes with a clear rearview mirror.

hahaha. But it is a bit hard to look outside when travelling at that ludicrous speed ;)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think u are confused about the special properties of spacetime when approaching c.

But interesting what you say about the EVO trace images you have...

• I don't know why Rossi agreed to give over all of his past, current, and future IP. All I can guess is that for some reason or another he was desparate.

You are assuming that Rossi's machines can actually produce excess heat. If they are useless, though, the thing explains itself. IH was offering money for useless information. Any contract is good under those conditions

• TTM - glad to have some more background on your information sources. Makes perfect sense. The EVO images are very interesting and closely match some of the patterns from the published KS research.

Jed - We were not able to confirm XH in any of the Mizuno reactors tested including ones that we separately instrumented and measured along beside his

instrumentation / DA set. The 3-8C daily swing in ambient at his lab and airbox solution didn't help. As I'm sure you know, he still has the 50kg reactor running and continues to pursue a breakthrough. We may have made measure mistakes but chances of that are small.

Having said that, I believe that Dr Mizuno has created / replicated more XH reactions than almost any other researcher - he has to have assembled and run 9+ different reactions in his 28 years of research. I'm confident that at least 3 produced substantial XH way above background of those that I was made aware. He is a good man and being a lone samurai researcher all these years has not been good or helpful in his quest for commercial grade XH.

• Official Post

Having said that, I believe that Dr Mizuno has created / replicated more XH reactions than almost any other researcher - he has to have assembled and run 9+ different reactions in his 28 years of research. I'm confident that at least 3 produced substantial XH way above background of those that I was made aware.

Just to be fair to SRI, I believe they were commissioned by the Navy to test others LENR work. 11 tested and 5 confirmed, or something like that.

• we_cat_global

We'll see. It seems to me that Rossi is again working on something we can soon bicker about. You probably will be one of the first to start criticizing him. I am looking forward to, while i am reading your posts, envision a motivated older guy with a negative grin, hammering at his keyboard, trying to save the world from Andrea Rossi.

I am curious, Cat. What has Rossi actually done, as opposed to only saying he has done or will do, which impresses you the most?

Selected from an old Guardian UK newspaper article... (followed by a list of old bad research and frauds)

Honest question, not nitpicking... what are you saying here? How does this relate to the problem that mainline science does not take LENR seriously?

JedRothwell

Your point that it is sometimes difficult to convince mainline science of new concepts is well taken. In the case of LENR, though, it seems that an experiment that is so obvious and so clear as to convince scientists may still be unavailable. Consider for example, if Rossi had been able to provide IH with a clearly working ecat reactor of some sort which made lots of excess heat in their own testing. Do you think they would have rejected their own findings? Isn't it more likely that they would have paid Rossi in accord with their contract and then gone on to develop LENR products or at least convincing prototypes, based on Rossi's tech?

What if not Rossi but someone else? IH seems to have an open mind about LENR investing.

What if Bill Gates (or someone from Musk, Bezos or Google) had been shown a powerful heat source from LENR ? Would he not have invested vast sums to develop and patent it? People like that have few preconceptions about technology. They know better from their own experiences with innovation. Maybe the existing demonstrations are not all that convincing?

I was remembering this, in 2014. https://www.nextbigfuture.com/…taly-that-bill-gates.html It was a projected billion dollar investment. If it had happened, we'd probably know. If it did not happen, why not?

• Official Post

snoopy,

This is Rossi's answers from JONP the last few days. Pretty obvious he is gearing up for "something we can soon bicker about":

-Thank you for your hypothesis,

-Thank you for your attention to our work!

-I am under NDA about this issue and I cannot answer in positive or in negative.

-Yes.

-Thank you for your interesting insight

-This is confidential

-Of course! In China there is one billion People that need to heat up with a cheap and environmentally friendly thermal energy: the Ecat is exactly the product that fits their needs.

-We have already chosen the Robots of ABB, but not yet programmed them.

-So far we have been a boat, now we must become a carrier. At least, it is what we are thinking of.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.