Cavitation Energy Systems

• And that brings me back to the two possible industrial applications of these hypothetical small plasmoids that we could produce with cavitation bubbles in a magnetic field:

You know that I am interested in the problem of space and hypersonic aircraft.

First of all, if it were possible to initiate (hot) fusion reactions in such a plasmoid, one could imagine a hypersonic airplane where such plasmoids would be injected into the air inlet of the stato reactor. With a suitable design of the air intake, the shockwave will slow down the supersonic air and compress it. The plasmoids will shrink If some fusion reactions are initiated in the plasmoid fluid diluted in air, the gas will be heated, as if we had injected kerosene into the stato reactor, and we will get a strong thrust, only by nuclear fusion . Obviously, the pilot will be burned by neutrons, but it does not matter if it is a drone. It's a bit "science-fiction", but one could imagine a nuclear-powered plane that would navigate the atmosphere of giant planets for several years, without fuel. (you only have to shield all the electronics to protect it from neutrons and gammas)

But it's very hypothetical. To be honest, I only quote this idea for the record.

• Thanks, Alan.

To Seiber :

I am not a theoretician, but of course I don’t think that doing Science is the act of doing random experiments in the dark.

Of course, I have some idea about the theory, but I am ready to accept any theory who works from the hydrotons to Lewis & Larsen theory.

A quarter of a century ago, I suggested the hypothesis of “Diafluidity”

https://www.researchgate.net/p…_with_English_translation

• (continuation of the previous episode on space planes)

And this is where the plasmoids are interesting: they are likely to be more compressible than the fluid that supports them. If we inject a metafluid of ionic liquid containing plasmoids into the air inlet, the plasmoids will compress without heating up, since the compression energy will be stored in electromagnetic form), and basically, the fluid will go compress almost adiabatically.

Thank you, Alan, for quoting the excellent blog of Russ Georges. I have a great respect for Russ Georges. He did experiments on LENR which are very simple, but very interesting, that would be worth replicating.

But let's go back to our plasmoids: imagine a gas containing a "mist" of plasmoids (made by cavitation in a combustible ionic liquid). They are likely to be more compressible than the gaseous fluid that supports them. If we inject a metafluid of ionic liquid containing plasmoids into the air inlet, the plasmoids will compress without heating up, since the compression energy will be stored in electromagnetic form), and basically, the fluid will go compress almost non-adiabatically.

So, no more need for MHD braking system to eliminate the heating. (as in this drawing)

• This eliminates the need for refractory and very solid electrodes (and very heavy, which is annoying in an aircraft), it also eliminates the need for cesium injection and the entire energy transfer system from the prow to the stern (MHD Bypass)

But the other technical problem remains: as the intake and the nozzle are not tunable, is is difficult to tune the pressure of the exhaust (figure)

• We need just a "funnel" with a frustum-shaped superconducting coil at the air inlet, and a symmetrical coil around the nozzle.

The field gradient increases in the coil surrounding the air inlet, and the plasmoids will be compressed (adiabatically, instead of gas) and the field decreases in the nozzle, so that the plasmoids will be accelerated by expanding and by releasing the energy accumulated in the air intake. (A bit like a wet soap that is pressed in the hand under the shower, to take a trivial analogy) (figure)

Elon Musk could thus accelerate a reusable orbital vehicle in the atmosphere, up to Mach 10 or more, follow a parabolical trajectory and then turn on conventional thrusters out of the atmosphere to complete the speed of orbiting.

• But conventional thrusters have a relatively low ejection velocity, so that the specific impulse of chemical rockets is quite low.

And since ionic liquids are combustible, one could imagine producing microplasmoids (by cavitation in a magnetic field in the injectors) and then injecting them into the combustion chamber, and then doubling the Laval nozzle with a diverging superconducting coil. The pre-accelerated hot gases at the exit of the combustion chamber would be accelerated at much higher speeds by traveling the magnetic field gradient in the nozzle. (Figure)

It would be a kind of "hybrid" engine, chemical-electric that would achieve a high specific impulse.

On these considerations worthy of Mr. Gene Roddenberry, I wish you a Merry Christmas.

(And "Live Long And Prosper")

• This eliminates the need for refractory and very solid electrodes (and very heavy, which is annoying in an aircraft), it also eliminates the need for cesium injection and the entire energy transfer system from the prow to the stern (MHD Bypass)

But the other technical problem remains: as the intake and the nozzle are not tunable, is is difficult to tune the pressure of the exhaust (figure)

Please Fabrice David, stop dreaming behind works/ideas that are not yours but those of Jean Pierre Petit.

https://www.jp-petit.org/

You should start for Lenr applications to follow rather Willard Custer way of life..creativity and modesty.

http://rexresearch.com/custer/custer.htm

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• « Cydonia » wrote :

« Please Fabrice David, stop dreaming behind works/ideas that are not yours but those of Jean Pierre Petit. You should start for Lenr applications to follow rather Willard Custer way of life..creativity and modesty. »

To « Cydonia » : I have a great respect to the ideas of my master Jean-Pierre Petit, and I I am proud to have bring him some modest experimental results :

https://www.researchgate.net/p…or_aerospace_applications

But Pr. Jean-Pierre Petit never worked about generation of microplasmoïds by cavitation, neither to the application of plasmoïds to space propulsion, and he never worked on LENR.

• I don't understand how accelerating a material to hit a target is fusion by cavitation.

hi Mark

check out the magnitude of pressures & temperatures which can be generated in cavitation/sonofusion events - impressive - and this company claims to have designed a target geometry which amplifies the pressure (presumably focussing energy using, e.g., parabolic profiles?)

the cool thing is that pistol-shrimps got there first. ;)

[sr]

Gie me ae spark o' nature's fire, That's a' the learning I desire

R. Burns

• Official Post

Kornilova (Moscow state uni), Vysotskiy (Kiev state uni) .

It is demonstrated for the first time that deutriatated nano titanim particles placed remotely from the water cavitation source are continuously generating alpha particles under the influence of high frequency thermal waves produced by cavitation.

I think this could be slated for coming ICCF.

(Abstract use Google translate) httpp://lenr.seplm.ru/articles/aa-kornilova-problema-i-realizatsiya-ustoichivoi-generatsii-alfa-chastits-deiterirovannym-titanom-nakhodyashchimsya-v-pole-teplovoi-volny

• As most of us do not know Russian it would be very kind if you could give us a small summary. Google translate is usually like garbage translate...

If you have not tried Google translate recently, you should. It has improved a great deal in the last several months. They started using new neural net AI techniques. For patents, it works so well it is uncanny.

I have run Japanese documents through it before translating them, as a way to look up specialized words I do not know. It messes up many sentences, but for a quick, informal translation, some are close enough to use as is.

It works better for technical documents than ordinary text.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.