Is there a mainstream physics or a multiverse physics

• I forget the most illustrious person to say this of medicine but the same applies for physics. "There is no 'alternative' medicine. There is only medicine that works and medicine that does not."

Sometimes attributed to: Richard Dawkins (2003) A Devil's Chaplain.

• MY " There is only medicine that works and medicine that does not"

The problem lies in the limited evidence of 'works '

Today the UK is looking to put most men over 60 on statins...based on their data of 'works'.

"They" ( with the blessing of Bigpharma) have limited data for the mainstream population but seek to apply it to the mainstream

https://www.ft.com/content/fe9…21-11e7-a3e8-60495fe6ca71.

The problem with data is that it all costs money and time... and unfortunately LENR,

unlike medicine, is not funded by the taxpayer

• RobertBryant

You raise the issue of whether or not a proposed treatment works. What has that to do with what I wrote? Sure it can be difficult to know what works and what doesn't. But you have to use the scientific method to find out. That means reliable and replicable experiments and usually but not always at least some idea about the relevant theory. If it matters, and I think it's irrelevant to my statement, medical research in the US is not funded exclusively by government. A good deal of it (you can look up the proportions if you wish) is paid for from charitable gifts and foundations and from private industry. I agree the government, at least in the US, is pretty well done with LENR research which still leaves you foundations and private individuals and companies. But someone has to convince them that it is a good way to spend money. Debauches, farces, and fiascoes like the recent one with Rossi and IH are hardly a way to do that.

• No debauches here. no a scientific method either..

no progress for three decades

... but agree to disagree ...and diversify to find the right answer

Lee Smolin

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

verb
    3rd person present: debauches

1. 1. destroy or debase the moral purity of; corrupt.

What Rossi and Defkalion did to LENR research

• More diverse opinions about mainstream physics

Sheldrake on the Electric Universe

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.