When we solve LENR, how do we keep it from being abused?

• There would need to be current flow for that. Any magnetic fields created are very minimal and only exist when there's current flow. They are not the means by which the reaction occurs, but rather a byproduct of certain portions of its.

• There would need to be current flow for that. Any magnetic fields created are very minimal and only exist when there's current flow. They are not the means by which the reaction occurs, but rather a byproduct of certain portions of its.

Well then you have something new. You produce charge separation without EMF. That is astounding.

• There is one type of naturally occurring LENR that has not been reproduced, Biological LENR is unlike any other type and is a true mystery. This type of reaction produces transmutations without any other type of output energy production. There is a mystery in how microbes and other higher life forms convert elements using their metabolism without that reaction affecting their life processes. It is hard to find a use for such transmutation unless it can be engineered to produce high valued and rare elements reliably from less valuable feedstock. For example, it would be valuable to produce rare earths from carbon and/or hydrogen, for example. It could be used in the the colonization of space to terraform planets or to provide rare elements to the space colonists. Of course, if biological LENR can be reproduced in the lab, it might someday be worth a Nobel prize.

• That's a strange statement considering I've revealed next to nothing about it. The main advantages would be efficiency, compact size, lack of heat output, and the on-demand nature of it's output. I'm not going to reveal too much about it until i have a chance to develop it properly.

• What is the value of efficiency in a LENR reactor? Since the LENR reactor produces more energy than it costumes, its efficiency is only valued by how little material it needs to build the reactor. If what Rossi says is true, his reactor is efficient in the extreme since it produces 20 watts of power and requires a capillary tube with a mass of a few grams. It is hard to beat that level of efficiency in the market.

It is hard to beat a microbe because it manufactures itself and is very small. Is the “on demand” nature of any value when excess material can be used for feedstock for something else?

Before you developed a product you need to be sure what its advantage in the marketplace is.

I've checked out Rossi's work. Its certainly interesting conceptually, but I'm not sure why he'd turn down a million dollars to demonstrate it working. Maybe I am missing something? It certainly glows

Rossi, in essence, turned down ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS and, I am sure, a share of profits, when he failed to provide IH with anything whatever that worked. He turned it down again, if you believe him, when he agreed to settle with IH and to take nothing on his complaint and to pay what was probably millions on his own legal bills.

Believers excuse this because somehow he suddenly realized it was a bad deal, IH was going to screw him, and his IP was worth much more. Seriously? Someone really believes it?

• I don't follow where the neutrons come from when He++ is posited to form. Ditto for Li, Be...

When quarks decay, the strange quark will decay into the quark flavor that is lower in mass. That quark will be the down quark. The neutron has two down quarks and an up quark. So the neutron has a higher probability of formation than the proton when quark soup stabilizes.

500px-Quark_structure_neutron.svg.png

There is a ton of rules in particle physics that deal with quark decomposition and reformation. For example, only left handed matter decays; that rule includes how quarks transform into and from a quark soup.

see

https://spacemath.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/6Page85.pdf

The Elementary Particle Masses

• Rossi, in essence, turned down ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS and, I am sure, a share of profits, when he failed to provide IH with anything whatever that worked. He turned it down again, if you believe him, when he agreed to settle with IH and to take nothing on his complaint and to pay what was probably millions on his own legal bills.

Believers excuse this because somehow he suddenly realized it was a bad deal, IH was going to screw him, and his IP was worth much more. Seriously? Someone really believes it?

AmishPhysicist

When you get to the stage where you are about to commercialize your product, you will have clown car of speptopaths like MaryYugo on your neck in perpetuity. So develop a thick skin and a deaf ears.

When you get to the stage where you are about to commercialize your product, you will have clown car of speptopaths like MaryYugo on your neck in perpetuity. So develop a thick skin and a deaf ears.

And a lot of money to donate to scammers --like Darden, Vaughn and IH, much to their chagrin, recently had to do.

• The AmishPhysicist does not appreciate or understand that there is no market for transmutation in the LENR marketplace. Just because he can produce transmutation does not mean that it will sell. What people want is excess heat and very high COP. Transmutation just doesn't sell and it looks like it won't be in demand for the foreseeable future. The hot market will be for a home power production unit that people who own single family homes can use to disconnect from the grid. The next hot market will be for a power unit that can power an auto. Then there is trucks, planes, and boats. The LENR method that can produce electric current without heat is the best solution. AmishPhysicist should hit the drawing board to come up with a LENR product that will beat the home power unit competition. His current offering does not look like it will fill the market needs that will be most in demand.

The amish community is required to be independent of any English dependency. The The amish community will therefore be a hot market for the home power unit since the horses and generators could be replaced with LENR driven products. This desire for power production independence is a deep seated need in the marketplace and therefore is a strong market driver. The product that can supply that independent from the grid will sell like hot cakes.

• Turning significant numbers of protons into neutrons should make things either very hot or very cold, depending on the process. Either way, with a temperature differential, all sorts of devices to harvest power from that temperature difference are possible.

• Before you developed a product you need to be sure what its advantage in the marketplace is.

I never said I was trying to market something. I was simply explaining what lead me to be interested in the topic of LENR. Money does not interest me very much.

• Turning significant numbers of protons into neutrons should make things either very hot or very cold, depending on the process. Either way, with a temperature differential, all sorts of devices to harvest power from that temperature difference are possible.

I suspect it would produce temperature changes, but I have yet to test it on anything other than a very tiny scale. As my development originally had nothing to do with producing electrical power, I made no attempt to measure the conditions with respect to that.

I do not know for sure where the neutrons come from. His quark decay explanation might be valid but I honestly don't know. I would be glad to share my ideas with a proper physicist, but I'd want a non-disclosure agreement and an agreement that I retain rights to the IP. I may not want a lot of money out of it, but I also don't want shut out of my own idea and I don't want anyone giving exclusive access to only one country. My idea may have limitations, but I think it at the very least represents some significant new ideas toward the goal of practical fusion.

• A proper physicist is threatened by LENR. He will loss his position in academia if it becomes known that he consorts with LENR developers. You will need to learn the science yourself if you are interested in understanding what you are doing. Most LENR developers are trial and error practitioners. To a man (person), they assume that LENR is producing fusion and they are totally wrong and yet they persist and change their experiments to reflect this invalid assumption.

Maybe tomorrow will be the first day of a turnaround where LENR is seen as a valid phenomenon. We can only hope such is the case.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.