Recreating technology - What's the ethic standard?

• Hi everyone,

as a side project, I've been studying metallurgy and I've taken special interest in coatings and surface hardening and how they work on a structural level. I've stumbled across a special boronizing technique and was really intrigued by it and decided to recreate that coating.

Now, I'm pretty sure that I've got the right mixture, temperature and so on to achieve similar results as the ones with Borinox (the boronizing tech I was recreating). I would like to monetize my findings but I'm not sure if I should.

Now, let me say that it's unlikely that it's the same exact process since I have no way of knowing how they really do it. If all our steps would be the same, I'd be surprised. Anyway, since it's technically a different product that achieves the same results, it's not the same thing, right? Is it okay if i try to monetize my technique? Is it ethically acceptable?

• Official Post

Sure. If they have a trade secret process (which by definition means no patent) and you come up with an equally good process that competes with it then you can indeed monetize it under another name. For example there are many Pepsi and Coca-Cola clones sold in Europe and elsewhere as xxxx-cola and the Coke and Pepsico cannot stop their sale.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.