Ken Shoulders ; The Man Who Made Black Holes

• EVOs seem cool, but where is the energy coming from? Would be a more interesting answer if it it included a couple interpretations. Just electrons in, then what apparatus produces the excess energy?

The energy comes from the "Negative Resistance Regime" of course. It is just a simple matter of tuning. This explains every example of LENR, from Rossi's working systems, to Mills, to Sapphire. (Sarcasm carefully obfuscated).

• The energy comes from the "Negative Resistance Regime" of course. It is just a simple matter of tuning. This explains every example of LENR, from Rossi's working systems, to Mills, to Sapphire. (Sarcasm carefully obfuscated).

Well I would hope that and other approaches would probably prime the environment for self perpetuating actions (like for example fire, ATP use in enzyme formation, or ball lightning). Just like a dry oxigenated warm environment with a fluid fuel, or a warm wet cytoplasm with RNA, ATP and amino acids. An environment that's conducive to whatever atomic and pico-chemical proccesses could cause a faster and less throttled exothermic unleash of energy. I'm thinking this isn't as simple and exclusive as he says but maybe this is a close generalisation to the way?

• I highly urge you to read the book. Then go and download every single essay and paper written by Ken Shoulders, read them, and go and read the book again. You won't totally "get" the concept until you've done a lot of reading.

• Probably nobody directly. I think however that SAFIRE in Canada are (perhaps) building giant versions of an electron cluster (EVO) in their 'Electric Sun' experiments.

I totally agree. SAFIRE, Rossi, Chukanov, BLP, Paulo Correa, and others were or are producing large macro scale EVOs.

• Scott Fusare

None of those promoting Shoulders' work seem to be. Possibly private replication attempts by other parties might be ongoing but I have no actual knowledge of those. Note that I mean direct replication of his actual devices/gizmos, not liberal interpretations of any observation he might or might have not made.

I don't know of anyone who has went about a serious replication of the exact devices Ken Shoulders built EXCEPT the possibility that Eric Davis did indeed build a replication at Edwards Air Force Base. A visiting scientist who got a tour there claims to have seen a replication and was told it produced excess energy but they didn't know how to scale up the effect. Now we know exactly how to scale up the effect: build devices that generate large scale EVOs that exist for a long period of time. The scuttlebutt is that he was going to write a paper on the replication but the whole project was classified.

• Thanks for pointing this out. Clearly I need to go back through the patents in detail. I will do so after I complete the book which, as warned, is not as helpful as I had hoped.

• Official Post

There is a story about that book. Very few copies were printed, maybe only a couple of hundred. KS was allegedly told his work was going to be classified, so he piled together all the documentaion he could find, quickly assembled it into a book and then mailed it out. When the letter came telling him it was all classified he said' oh dear' I just mailed out this book 'who to?' they asked. 'Ah said KS, I've lost the list'. In his last years he asked that all his work be taken off the web, and in some places that has happened, but not everywhere.

This may or may not be totally correct, but the tale came from a good source.

• Official Post

There is a story about that book. Very few copies were printed, maybe only a couple of hundred. KS was allegedly told his work was going to be classified, so he piled together all the documentaion he could find, quickly assembled it into a book and then mailed it out. When the letter came telling him it was all classified he said' oh dear' I just mailed out this book 'who to?' they asked. 'Ah said KS, I've lost the list'. In his last years he asked that all his work be taken off the web, and in some places that has happened, but not everywhere.

And then he walked on the water.

• I've read that from an article by Hal Fox, but I do not have other sources. The story might not be totally accurate IMHO.

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/mar2/fox.htm

[…]Kenneth Shoulders was the first to discover and obtain a patent using HDCC technology.[2]

When warned by his patent attorney that there was a strong likelihood that his patent application would be classified as secret by the government officials that review new discoveries, Shoulders responded by writing a book detailing much of the experimental work that he had accomplished.[3]

Then, immediately after he had filed the patent application, he mailed copies of the book to a list of several scientists in various countries. As expected, the invention was classified, but when the officials of the patent office asked to know who had received his book, it was most unfortunate that the computer had eaten the address list. Within a few days, the patent officials decided to give up on the classification.

From last time I tried checking, Patent US 5,018,180 (Application 07/347,262) seemed to be the only one among those published which at some point might have had Government Interest claims. However it was filed in 1989 while Shoulders' book was written in 1987.

• There is a story about that book. Very few copies were printed, maybe only a couple of hundred. KS was allegedly told his work was going to be classified, so he piled together all the documentaion he could find, quickly assembled it into a book and then mailed it out. When the letter came telling him it was all classified he said' oh dear' I just mailed out this book 'who to?' they asked. 'Ah said KS, I've lost the list'. In his last years he asked that all his work be taken off the web, and in some places that has happened, but not everywhere.

A friend of mine, Richard Hull, met and spent some time with Ken at a conference back in the mid 90s. The story you tell matches exactly what Ken purportedly told Richard during their time together.

Did he have a reason for wanting his work pulled from the web? That's curious.

• This is one of the biggest mental blocks people have about the EVO phenomena. Basically, every spark will produce at least some form of self organizing EVO for a brief period that will ionize a path for the current to follow. When a spark discharge happens there is a plasma soup of electrons, ions, and nano-particles from the electrode. Out of this soup due to a variety of factors including the self generating magnetic field of the charges in motion, a toroidal or spheroidal or spherical EVO will form.

I am not sure I have a "mental block" on this. Just trying to wrap my head around how his work fits in with the well developed and studied field of spark breakdown. In other word, what has he shown that is currently not explainable by the extant work on the subject? Excess energy is one obvious facet but I have not gotten to that in my reading yet.

• As far as I am aware of Shoulders had two early abandoned patents

07/137,244

And 07/183,506

But the patent event history does not seem to point out to possible review/action for government interest.

To clarify, I just think that the story as relayed by some people might have been 'embellished' by the source (Shoulders).

• @ Scott Fusare

MFMP via Bob Greenyer has access to experimental LENR reactor data and active materials and has identified that the EVO is the active agent in the LENR reaction. Bob is in the process of characterizing the EVO. Bob has found that EVOs are carried in Ohmasa gas. If you can get access to some of this gas, you can see EVOs in action. Contact Bob Greenyer for help. He has a large volume of material on this subject. Look on YouTube for videos from Bob whose subject concerns the LION reactor. A sample is shown below with some EVO characterizations near the end of that video. If you can overlook the condemnations of Bob's work that are sure to come here, you will be facilitated by the EVO information that Bob has accumulated.

Also, strange radiation is produced by EVOs. There is information on this subject here on this site, Search on key "strange radiation"

magicsound from MFMP is a member here. He might be able to directly connect you with Bob.

YouTube Search key LION MFMP

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Thanks Axil. I have been following BG's comments on ECW, and it appears we are near the long awaited "O'Day" revelation. Looking forward to seeing what he has come up with these last 3-4 years, although I may need some help in trying to understand it all.

• Official Post

With all the respect to BobG so far it does not sounds too convincing. Identified graphical and verbal similarities in different experiments and now calls the EVO. Earlier he was attributing sputter marks to a 'tractor beam'. Later I discovered that if I leave my chili pot open similar sputter is created all over my kitchen. EVOs in my chili?

Wording. Once there is a word 'cluster' in close proximity to 'electron' he immediately labels that as EVO.

Claim that EVO somehow produce cold neutrinos etc.

The biggest flaw is that combining dubious facts together somehow produces irrefutable evidence. Now take the vinaigrette of all theories Axil or Bob are using in conjunction, assign probabilities and combine together. What do you get. There is my calc:

- F&P, say 1 (we are on lenr-forum)

- Parkhomov 0.6

- Rossi, Suhas, Lion, me365 - 0.1 each at best

- cold neutrino - 0.5 (is jury still out on it?)

- EVO 0.1 - anybody can create them on demand, and what is it after all

1x0.6x0.1x0.5x0.1x0.1x0.1x0.1x0.1 < 0.00001

Nothing personal.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.