Ken Shoulders ; The Man Who Made Black Holes

• [

user='441']axil[/user] is there virtual quarks already? What color are they?

decay of matter is an indirect reference to the reorganization of quarks in matter catalyzed by particles that come from amplified vacuum energy condensation.

You have a point, If an electron/positron pair as fermions can condense from the vacuum, so can a quark pair(aka meson). Their color/flavor is based on the available vacuum energy that the quarks condense from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-point_energy

https://arxiv.org/abs/1408.1318

The vector meson ρ in the presence of external magnetic field has been investigated in the framework of the Nambu--Jona-Lasinio model, where mesons are constructed by infinite sum of quark-loop chains by using random phase approximation. The ρ meson polarization function is calculated to the leading order of 1/N c expansion. It is found that the constituent quark mass increases with magnetic field, the masses of the neutral vector meson ρ0 with spin component sz=0,±1 and the charged vector meson ρ± with sz=0 also increases with magnetic field. However, the mass square of the charged vector meson ρ+ (ρ−) with sz=+1 (sz=−1) decreases linearly with magnetic field and drops to zero at the critical magnetic field eBc≃0.2GeV2, which indicates the possible condensation of charged vector meson in the vacuum. This critical magnetic field is much lower than the value eBc=0.6GeV2 predicted by a point-like vector meson. We also show that if we use lowest Landau level approximation, the mass of the charged vector meson ρ± for sz=±1 cannot drop to zero at high magnetic fields.

The vacuum in strong magnetic field

Ingredients needed for possible superconductivity:

A. Presence of electric charges?

Yes, we have them: there are virtual particles

which may potentially become “real” (= pop up from the vacuum)

and make the vacuum (super)conducting.

B. Reduction to 1+1 dimensions?

Yes, we have this phenomenon: in a very strong magnetic field

the dynamics of electrically charged particles (quarks, in our case)

becomes effectively one-dimensional, because the particles tend

to move along the magnetic field only.

C. Attractive interaction between the like-charged particles?

Yes, we have it: the gluons provide attractive interaction between

the quarks and antiquarks (qu=+2 e/3 and qd=+e/3)

• As an in-topic note, I gave a quick look at all patents by Kenneth Shoulders on the subject of Charge Clusters / EVO. I noticed that the patent description is mostly always the same, with a section expanded with more details on some figures in one version. The wording is very slightly different in more recent patents in some areas. I haven't checked the claims in detail though.

• 5,018,180 Energy conversion using high charge density, 1991
      • 42 claims, 97 figures
      • 31 sections
    • 5,054,046 Method of and apparatus for production and manipulation of high density charge, 1991
      • 151 claims, 61 figures
      • 25 sections (stops at "Conclusions", cut short)
    • 5,054,047 Circuits responsive to and controlling charged particles, 1991
      • 100 claims, 97 figures
      • Section 25 "Conclusions" (not numbered here) is expanded
    • 5,123,039 Energy conversion using high charge density, 1992
      • 25 claims, 97 figures
      • 31 sections
    • 5,148,461 Circuits responsive to and controlling charged particles, 1992
      • 66 claims, 85 figures
      • Section 25 "Conclusions" (not numbered here) is expanded
    • 5,153,901 Production and manipulation of charged particles, 1992
      • 36 claims, 61 figures
      • 25 sections (stops at "Conclusions", cut short)
  • On a slightly different note (but still related to the practical aspects of Shoulders' research), from the documents among others available in this page:

It would seem that simply exposing a "witness material" to a stream of EVs just like those reported to be easily produced with negative electric sparks would cause transmutation in the material over time. The longer the exposure, the more the transmutation.

This sounds way too simple, given that it would be possible to devise a simple EV generator like the one shown in Figures 1 and 2 in his patents (colored and annotated for clarity and personal reference below), which essentially is a better crafted version of the experiment I improvised (yep) a few days ago.

Perhaps there is some critical detail I'm not getting?

• Official Post

It would seem that simply exposing a "witness material" to a stream ofEVs just like those reported to be easily produced with negative electricsparks would cause transmutation in the material over time. The longer theexposure, the more the transmutation.

This sounds way toosimple, given that it would be possible to devise a simple EV generator like the oneshown in Figures 1 and 2 inhis patents (colored and annotated for clarity and personal reference below), which essentially is a better crafted version of the experiment I improvised (yep) a few days ago.

Exactly what Shoulders always maintained.

• I'm getting increasing suspicion that the EVO's stuff is intended to derail interest of cold fusion community from actual experiments which work. You already got into my focus due to remarks about astroturfing of Sifferkol and unusally high concentration of anti-lenr trolls here.

• Alan Smith

If it really just takes a device as simple as that, perhaps even just put up together with a simple spark coil driver circuit and operated in a standard atmosphere, that would be a very interesting experiment for people with easy access to elemental analysis. One could analyze the material at the beginning, then at regular intervals as exposure to these EVs progresses over time (I think Shoulders suggests this as well). The effect would also be localized to very specific small areas of the material, which would simplify contamination control/checking. Or one could also less expensively check for the emergence of other properties that the starting material is not supposed to have.

But this is why I'm saying that it seems too easy and wondering if there's more than meets the eye for a successful transmutation experiment.

Zephir_AWT

If this works, it should be simple and inexpensive to find out, according to what Shoulders has written.

What experiments that work are you suggesting instead?

• The Lipinski/Me356/Rossi QuarkX indeed. What the EVO plasmoids actually have to do with these experiments? They even cannot be formed there.

Faithfully replicating Lipinski's work isn't going to be simple and inexpensive, and what Rossi and me356 do is up to everybody's speculation - yours included unless you have inside information about them.

If you're suggesting that I'm shilling for Ken Shoulders' work you couldn't be further away from reality. I haven't looked at all at it in the past year or so despite the heavy promotion from BG ("Homosymbion"), which probably had the opposite effect of getting me interested anyway. For me to start reading about it, it took Alan Smith creating this thread and McKubre exceptionally suggesting in the second comment here that it's worth looking into.

I'm not interested much at this stage whether the explanation is physical, or whether EVs explain results from other researchers, or 9/11 or whatever. I've mostly only been looking for simple experiments that proponents could do to show that they are a real effect, sharing here in the process what I find (many of my posts are adapted from notes I write elsewhere for personal use).

I suggest you perform the experiments you are so certain of and report the results in a dedicated thread in a manner that can be useful for others.

• In another test I tried applying a small amount of tin solder on the tip of a sharpened screw forming a sort of blunt whisker. This was made the cathode at ground potential, while the piezo igniter was connected to a larger aluminium foil. I'm not sure if this is supposed to work according to what Shoulders writes, but relatively to the anode the sharp cathode is at a lower potential, so I figure it might.

Unless this was just my impression I noticed that the relatively blunt tin solder whisker at the cathode after several strikes would progressively become sharper and produce brighter sparks from a slightly longer distance, so I guess that the wetted/coated cathode idea works and doesn't necessarily require complex materials and handling.

However after more testing the piezo igniter eventually broke, so no more from me for the time being.

• Official Post

Unless this was just my impression Inoticed that the relatively blunt tin solder whisker at the cathode afterseveral strikes would progressively become sharper and produce brighter sparksfrom a slightly longer distance, so I guess that the wetted/coated cathode ideaworks and doesn't necessarily require complex materials and handling.

Very interesting. It seems unlikely to me that your puezo igniter could get the solder hot enough to remelt it - so perhaps the whole idea about EVO's having the power to liquidise metals at low temperatures is no so dumb?

• Alan Smith

Caveat: as I mentioned, that piezo igniter is not functional anymore, so I can't verify at the moment whether that was just an impression.

However, as I previously observed, it also managed to cause burn marks on the side of a clear transparent polycarbonate (or plexiglass? not sure) ruler, making it distinctly smell like burnt plastic (getting the nose close to it) even after just one single shot. I think a temperature in the order 200°C or more would be required, which might be enough to partially melt the tip of a solder wire (exact composition unknown).

If it was made of plexiglass, this datasheet mentions that at temperatures >300°C it undergoes thermal decomposition releasing volatile compounds:

http://www.alro.com/datapdf/pl…smsds/msds_plexiglasg.pdf

Would the energy of a single spark generated by a small piezo igniter (or several for that solder whisker) be enough for this? I have no idea, although the visible discharge is supposed to be quite hot.

• (Note: the previous deleted comment contained a wrong personal observation on possible effects of EV generation, based on incorrect assumptions on how a certain device actually worked)

While looking for more information on the subject, I found that according to Shoulders LENR in palladium cathodes arise from microcracks in the embrittlened metal occasionally causing high voltage discharges when the bonds in the lattice are broken. These produce EVs, which are thought to be responsible for the nuclear reactions and transmutation effects observed. I would assume that the same would hold true for other materials (Ni, etc.). If this was truly the case then it would be useful to generate these EVs directly.

http://www.padrak.com/ine/NEN_4_9_1.html (January 1997)

For several years Kenneth R. Shoulders has been an independent scientist working to unravel the secrets of high-density charge clusters. Recently, Kenneth Shoulders obtained and analyzed samples of cathode materials from different operating cold fusion cells and found evidence of many strikes by high-density charge clusters. Here is how Kenneth Shoulders explains the role of these charge clusters in cold fusion: Deuterium is loaded into a malleable palladium cathode by electrolysis. The palladium becomes stressed and hydrogen-embrittled. At some random times the palladium cracks. Trillions of ionic bonds in the metal lattice are broken resulting in a very short-duration high voltage across the crack. This cracking promotes the fracto-emission of high-density charge clusters (Ken Shoulders' "EVs") The charge cluster or clusters pick up deuterons, race across the crack, slam into the opposite wall, and the highly-accelerated piggy-back deuterons have sufficient energy to cause a nuclear reaction. The end result is the formation of many new elements and excess heat. This phenomenon is not d + d fusion but d + Pd fusion. (See K. Shoulders and S. Shoulders, "Observations on the Role of Charge Clusters in Nuclear Cluster Reactions," J. of New Energy, Fall 1996.)

I've also attached the paper cited in the above quote which was not straightforward to find.

Abstract from the paper:

Abstract -- Deuterium loaded palladium foils, produced by both electrolytic and ultrasonic processing, have been micro-analyzed for nuclear reactions. The characteristic strike marks of charge clusters, known as EVs, have been found to occur concurrently with nuclear reactions in micrometer-sized areas. In the electrolytic case, the reaction is attributed to charge clusters generated from mechanical energy, first stored and then suddenly released, from a brittle metal lattice through the mechanism of fracto-emission of electrons. For the acoustic case, EVs are generated by charge separation in a collapsing bubble. When areas previously free of low energy nuclear reactions are bombarded in either vacuum or air by externally generated charge clusters, nuclear reactions are produced at the bombardment site. Charge clusters are considered to function as a collective accelerator capable of injecting a large group of nuclei into a target with sufficient energy density to promote the nuclear cluster reactions observed.

• While searching articles from Hal Fox who seems to have been in frequent communication with Kenneth Shoulders, I came across this email sent to William Beaty (the administrator of the Vortex-l mailing list, among other things) in December 2001. It describes with some detail an experiment, along with other interesting observations. Note that the reference isn't available anymore at the link provided in the email; here is an alternative link.

http://amasci.com/weird/evexp.html

Besides other things, including observations by William Beaty, this note by Hal Fox in the email was particularly interesting:

Ken works much with single shots. He charges a small capacitor to a given high voltage (maybe several hundred volts). It is easy to measure the voltage on the capacitor before a "shot" and after the shot and compute the energy used. Similarly, the output is captured in a capacitor. It is easy to compute the power output supplied to the capacitor. Shoulders has shown that it is relatively easy to get ten times as much electrical energy out as input electrical energy. The trick is to provide an input pulse that is very short to make the charge cluster and to make the output pulse as wide as possible. This is not simple because one needs to produce clusters using nanosecond, high-voltage pulses.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.