Ken Shoulders ; The Man Who Made Black Holes

• Alan Smith

I think the main reason is that most links pointing to them are rather old. Luckily they're mostly text-only and in many instances they can be accessed with an archived version using archive.org.

Here are some related links:

Below are attached those I downloaded in a compressed archive (it would be useful if LENR-Forum accepted larger files so that I could use just one compressed file).

Good luck with your experiment, looking forward to read the results. Hopefully if there is any anomalous electrical gain it will be visible at lower frequencies too, however. An ignition coil would have been attractive for that, but it's only good for pulses up to about 10 kHz, I think.

• @Alan Smith:

The 10X generation of electrons in the K. Shoulders experiment comes from silicon carbide vaporization in air. The posit that overunity energy production is based on some sort of fusion reaction just does not fit into any explanation of where all these excess electrons are coming from. The question to be answered is: what nuclear reaction can produce only electrons and possibly some heat and light that involves air and silicon carbide? How will your proposed experiment deal with the issue of providing data about formulating a theory to explain this overunity in electron production?

• Below is attached the article "Charge Cluster Energy Devices" by Hal Fox which also offers a relatively recent (1999) summary of Shoulders' work. The source was the Rex Archive page about Ken Shoulders.

This is mentioned in the initial paragraphs:

[...] Kenneth Shoulders's achievement of over 30X as much electrical output as input is a high-density charge cluster technology.

Referring to one of his patents (US5,018,180 "Energy conversion using high charge density" of 1991. EDIT: there's also US5,123,039 of 1992 which has the same title but different claims); I think the relevant section is "31. Energy Converters" which I haven't read in detail yet.

axil

If I understood correctly so far from the available documentation, a dielectric material must preferably be present along the path of these EVs between the cathode and the anode (a direct discharge must be avoided), but it doesn't necessarily have to be silicon carbide.

• Regarding:

The cause of the failure of the transistors might not have been caused by an EMF pulse. If the Faraday cage is ineffective at protecting the electronic equipment from damage, the source of the problem might be due to muon production.

In the defkalion reactor that also used spark to activate the reaction, two layers of faraday cages could not protect the electronic equipment in that building from damage within the building in which the reactor was in operation.

Regarding:

"Kenneth Shoulders achieved over 30X as much electrical output as input in a high-density charge cluster technology".

NEXT, electrons are a decay product of meson production. A 30 fold increase in electron production might indicate a very large instantaneous burst in the generation of mesons. Within a few microseconds, a small fraction of those mesons would have decayed into electrons. The majority of these muons would be released to the far field. The failure of electrical equipment has also been reported by EM356. His meters and sensors failed and were inoperable within three meters of his experiments.

• Official Post

This is a historic post by axil - I think it deserves another airing in this thread.

In the reference provided below, this is what the Surface plasmon polariton (SPP) looks like when it disconnects from the lattice and moves freely. In LENR, free moving SPP solitons can be found in both the liquid and plasma phase.

See for a full description as follows:

http://aflb.ensmp.fr/AFLB-311/aflb311m484.pdf

From EGO OUT on the work of Frédéric Henry-Couannier and a preview of his upcoming presentation as follows:

Frédéric Henry-Couannier is almost all the way toward correct thinking about the fundamental causation of LENR. Micro lightning balls (mlb), is the fundamental cause of LENR. But these electromagnetic solitons have already been discovered in nanoplasmonics. They are called by their scientific name “Dark mode surface plasmon polaritons” (SPP) and are actually acoustic black holes. Most of the time thay are produced by and affixed to the metal lattice and because they are stationary, they cannot reach their maximum power potential. But when they are freed from the lattice, they can grow in strength to a huge extent. This is true for both water based and plasma based environments in which they are also formed.

For example, in a meltdown of a Ni/H reactor, the SPP becomes detached from the lattice and grows strong in a plasma as the meltdown process precedes. Like any vortex that can move; many of these solitons are attracted to each other and many might combine together to grow in intensity in their aggregation. Ken Shoulders termed these structures produced in the plasma of an electric arc EV.(or large electrons). LeClair produces these objects in his cavitation reactor and has seen them exit that reactor to punch holes in his walls and even exit his lab to punch holes in the trees outside his building. In the Proton 21 experiment, the solitons were found to decompose material far from the site of their creation. LeClair has seen a SPP eat through as much as 2 meters of copper on the surface of a copper bar.

And yet the same EMF vortex mechanism can be found inside microorganisms. Like any black hole, there are two mechanisms of reaction projection involved: a beam of magnetism the emits from one pole of the soliton. This magnetic beam is the high energy interface. Just like a quasar, the monopole like anapole magnetic field projects axially from one poll of the SPP. Penrose superradiance increases the monopole magnetic field by 20%.

Then there is the other LENR mechanism: low energy projection of multi particle entanglement. This mechanism (a worm hole connecting N particles with the SPP) provides for teleportation of energy to and from the site of the atomic transformation.

This is how atoms around the SPP are connected by multi-wormhole entanglement during a multi-atom cluster based transformation reaction. In the quantum world everything is fuzzy and uncertain. Atoms cannot be pinned down to a definite location. Called superposition, an atom may even be in two places at the same time. All this uncertainty makes determining how a reaction happens and what atoms participate in the reaction impossible to define. We only know that all the conservation laws will be followed.

?key=7ad93d88435902039af5f8bc38b259795b0dca4ca8f4ffd911580c9a31ef728a-aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cucXVhbnRhbWFnYXppbmUub3JnL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDE1LzA0L09jdG9wdXNXb3JtaG9sZV92MS5qcGc%3D

In a preview of Frédéric Henry-Couannier upcoming presentation next week, I suspect that the theory (Dark Gravity) will explain how these EMF black holes interact with matter. But not only gravity can produce black holes, EMF can do it too. Any wave form that forms a boundary condition can do it, even water.

For a preview and an explanation of acoustic black holes see the following video:

Prof. Daniele Faccio: "Black Holes, With A Twist" - Inaugural Lecture

The work of Leonid Urutskoev and D.V. Filippov on exploding titanium foils are formative to my understanding of the LENR reaction. One point that greatly impressed me seen in these experiments was the detection of the LENR reaction far from the plasma channel produced by the exploding foil. I call this feature of the reaction “action at a distance”. In these exploding foil experiments, fission of uranium was detected in a chamber in the test device that was physically separated from the location of the plasma channel. From Holmlid, we now know that muons and mesons can be produced by the LENR reaction, these subatomic particles can travel over a considerable distance to initiate muon catalyzed fission.

The LENR reaction has a gigantic range of action from nanoscale energy production in biological transformations to the formation of transuranic elements of the most heavy kind at the high energy range of the reaction.

This wide range of transformation of elements confuses most LENR theorists. It is difficult to envision how transuranic elements tha usually form in the trillion degree environment inside supernova can be produced here on earth in a bucket of water.

Most of the LENR old guard believe that LeClair is mentally unbalanced for claiming that his cavitation based reaction can produce the heaviest transuranic elements that exist. Holmlid also does not understand that his laser based reaction which produce temperatures up to as much as 500 million kelvin is a LENR reaction. LENR can produce energy as high as LHC can produce or a supernova.

But transformation of elements can occur all the way up to the quark soup level of nuclear processes being as energetic as any nuclear processes to be found in the universe. The more energy that is fed into the LENR transformation process, the more energetic is the resulting nuclear products that will result.

At the very high end of the LENR reaction scale, a scale that befuddles our understanding, the scale at which transuranic elements form, the question that is begging to be answered: what force can encompass multiple atoms together with all their associated electron clouds so that they can be combined together to produce an ultra heavy atom. The answer is magnetism; nano magnetism, asymmetric magnetism, strong optical magnetism and Fano resonances in asymmetric plasmonic metamolecules, magnetism as intense as any to be found anywhere in the universe.

• I well know FHC works below:

https://drive.google.com/file/…FmvhmYzlPUVM0T0pqZXM/view

http://iscmns.org/CMNS/JCMNS-Vol21.pdf#page=64

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it's close Vigier explanations:

See below then again P5/10 attached file

therefore a correlation with Axil's concept, i'm not sure ???

However, axil has good ideas too but his beliefs would be more in correlation with events created in thin film.

• The work of Leonid Urutskoev and D.V. Filippov on exploding titanium foils are formative to my understanding of the LENR reaction. One point that greatly impressed me seen in these experiments was the detection of the LENR reaction far from the plasma channel produced by the exploding foil. I call this feature of the reaction “action at a distance”.

Alan Smith :

In symmetric LENR reactions matter has no momentum to release energy. The only way to get rid of excess-energy is via magnetic transport.

In Klimovs experiments (Asti) we see k-shell like emissions. In fact the process is a reverse k-shell emission, as by the law of physics the k-shell electron's keep their relative radial position and will speed up. During this event all other shell electrons are polarized too. As soon as the field disappears the electron do work like a coil, go into dissorder again and will dissipate the stored induced energy.

These fields can be very far reaching, if they start at the surface.

• For anyone interested in increasing the electron capture rate of a charge cluster energy device...

Magnetic bottle layout for increasing the electron/muon capture rate for an EVO overunity electron source using permanent magnets.

Generator-Rotor.jpg

• Selected excerpts from US 5,123,039 (1992). Relevant figure (the one featured in the front page of the US patent, actually) colorized and with captions added from the "full pages" PDF version available here. I've just noticed that compared to US 5,018,180 it also appears to expand a bit in the description a theoretical section on the source of the excess energy; according to Shoulders here the origins of the EV are in the zero-point energy.

If I understand correctly (I can't say I have read everything yet), not only excess electric energy can be generated at the anode by the incoming EVs, but the EVs produced (or "launched") from the cathode and traveling to the anode are also able to induce a current on a helix conductor (i.e. coil) wound along their path.

It also appears that the excess output signal has a more or less fixed width regardless of that of the input signal, so it is advantageous to use very short input signals. Thus the gain is more about input pulse width rather than frequency.

This is the section which appears to be expanded compared to the earlier patent with the same title:

• According to the excerpts posted above, while the pulsed current at the anode from the incoming EVOs is DC, the output signal from the current induced in the coil (by the charge of the EV moving along its travel path, which would produce a changing magnetic field) has an AC waveform "with an average voltage of zero". If the DC pulses were sufficiently close together the combined signal would be an AC signal with an offset. This is likely not too relevant, but it sounded oddly familiar so I thought it would be interesting to observe.

Anyway, it seems like it would not be an insurmountable task to use either or both to close the loop. Skeptics could of course argue that it's a red flag if it's not been done by Shoulders and coworkers while they still could. In addition to energy the same principle could be used for electromagnetic propulsion, which Shoulders also discussed briefly in one of his later papers, and that Alan Smith also cited in the LFH document in one of the opening posts in this thread ("Apparatus for Formation and Use of EVOs", 2009, attached below just in case).

• skip

I believe these papers (or more like "notes") by Ken Shoulders are meant to clarify or complete some aspects and observations of what has been written in the book he self-published in the '90s (not easily found on the Internet) and the granted patents. Even though I sorted them by publishing date, for what I can see so far there's no clear progression or evolution in what he tried to accomplish, and except a few things most of the information that he posted until the early 2010s could have been written in the late '80s when he wrote his book and the patents.

I found interesting though that in "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" (2004) he writes that electrical power from EVO production as he described in the patents is easier to harness than heat as commonly done in cold fusion experiments, but is potentially less open to benign usage. Apparently in a period of time between the '90s and the 2000s he tried to focus on heat production. See the first page in the attached document (also in the archive previously linked).

• Thanx Can;

I have read only a relatively small portion of his very interesting work, but I have been collecting everything I can find. This means I have many duplications; often with different file names.

I've found that some files are disappearing...

I'm spending what time I can free up to sort, index and archive what I have. The book would be the crown.

skip

• skip

What's or what was on the Internet is only a fraction of Ken Shoulders' writings. A physical archive of his work exists at the Donald F. and Mildred Topp Othmer Library of Chemical History, and is apparently open to researchers:

Kenneth R. Shoulders papers, 1940-2013 (bulk 1955-2008)

http://othmerlib.chemheritage.org/record=b1075392~S6

https://archives.chemheritage.org/2015-003.html

http://othmerlib.chemheritage.…icles/1075392.14775/1.PDF (listing)

There's an exception:

The Kenneth R. Shoulders Papers are open to researchers with the exception of the following materials: In Series X, selected items in Sub-series 2 - CD-ROMs and DVDs are closed to researchers until 2065.

From this page the Sub-series 2 is:

CD-R and DVD-R are not meant for very long term storage however, and they will probably become unreadable within not too many years of time from now. So unless somebody unseals these media disks soon, they are pretty much lost forever.

• In the spring I'm going to be working on some of this stuff, long overdue for a revisit.

Too bad, I thought dedicated experimentation would start earlier.

The disappearing files btw are said to be because it was KS's last wish that his papers should be taken off the web because he feared they offered a route into the construction of some very dangerous weapons.

If I haven't overlooked anything, Ken Shoulders has always referred to the same personal website in his papers (http://www.svn.net/krscfs/), which is the one that has indeed been taken down. It wasn't much more than a directory listing for his papers. Other archives from different people exist (I've previously linked some), and they seem to have all that was uploaded there. However these appear to be rather old and unmaintained websites which feel like they could disappear anytime without other parties willing so because of Shoulders.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.