MAGNEhydrid?

• To Max Nozin: We will be happy to know the materials and methods.

Metal of the wire? Voltage? Capacitance? Gas in the shield?

In my experiment above:

- 0.1mm palladium wire (Sigma)

-The wire is coiled in the form of a Vlassov Coil before the blast.

-The coil is charged with deuterium overnight by electrolysis in heavy water. (Probably full charged, the deuterium begin to "boil" in the deuterium oxide just when the electrolysis current is stopped.)

-My holder system that can be easily plugged in and unplugged allows to perform shooting a few seconds after the end of electrolysis.

-50 microfarads, 2500 volts.

I estimate the radioactivity of silver pieces less than a minute after firing, with three counters of different types.

-It does not seem that the radioactivity of the silver 108 and 110 is enormously higher than the background noise before the shoot. I deduce that there are not many neutrons emitted.

-(And I’m still alive)

But this simple experiment need to be reproduced with higher voltage and capacitance. The Vlassov plasmoïds need a minimum intensity to become stable.

• fabrice DAVID

I was about to ask you what exactly is a "Vlassov Coil", but then I found in the references here that it's probably simply a regular coil arranged in the form of a ring.

https://link.springer.com/chap…1-3212-6_6?no-access=true

Vlassov, A., Vlassov, A.: Getting a fireball by means of electric explosion of wire spiral twisted into a ring. In: Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Ball Lightning (ISBL06). Eindhoven, The Netherlands, pp. 234–242 (2006)

How much of the wire remains intact after detonation in these (your) experiments?

• Yes, they are called 'sprites'. They are commonly observed in connection with lightning, and I have seem them from 240V high current short circuits.

The total energy held by the "sprites" can be determined by measuring the length of the vapor trail and calculating the total energy produced by the particle by determining the product of the energy expended per unit length of track and the length of the track.

It seems that a cloud chamber is not needed to produce a vapor track in this experiment. But the energy per unit length required to ionize the air(or is it hydrogen) is not known.

Maybe someone can devote some time to understand the material below and come up with a energy per unit length factor that can be used in this case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…power_(particle_radiation)

• Official Post

Rather difficult axil. Particle energy calculations are generally easier than working out what you want to know. The sprites here have more than just kinetic energy expressed as 1/2 mv2 for a non-rotating object. But these objects obviously are rotating, and have heat energy, which energy causes mini -thermals which create motion, Another possible cause of motion -which I think we see- are propulsive forces generated by the emission of gas jets.

Picking the bones out of that would be a long job.

• Just a random observation. The ones shown above by Randell Mills and Fabrice David are typical "exploding wire" experiments, where presumably one single "shot" is sufficient to show anomalous effects and strange phenomena. In these cases the wire material is vaporized by a brief intense current pulse into a dense plasma of hydrogen, metals and other gases.

Could it be that the recent claims of a high frequency signal having a role in a plasma system simply be related with replicating the above condition [very] frequently with a high Q factor, resonantly? In that case, it would have more to do with optimizing the effect rather than actually showing it.

If this was case there wouldn't be a universal "magic frequency", it would depend on the specific experiment and testing conditions.

• To “Can”:

A Vlassov coil is a special coil designed by the Russian scientist A.Vlassov. I met his disciple Popova at Dagomys, Russia. She explain me how to made plasmoïds.

If you "simply" coiled a "regular" coil and bend it to form a tore, you will only get a short-circuit between the wires which bring the current in. (by arcing in the air)

The Vlassov coil is made of two coils, one of the two coiled clockwise, the other counterclockwise and if you connect the two coil to form a torus like this picture, there is no short-circuit.

All the wire is vaporized and turn into a plasma torus. The magnetic field is totally enclosed in the torus of plasma and the energy of the discharge is stored in the field.

When the current in the plasma decreases by Joule effect, the magnetic field also decreases and the resulting induction maintains the current for a certain time (less than a second, in general)

We get what's called a "plasmoid"

In this case, it is a plasmoid "COFI" (Current Out, Field Inside)

The plasma is very hot, and it is self-confined. I wanted to see if the reaction (fusion of deuterium) could ignite in the plasma of palladium and deuterium.

The philosophical goal underlying this somewhat dangerous experiment is to demonstrate that it is the CRYSTALLINE NETWORK of palladium which acts as a catalyst for the reaction, and not the NUCLEUS of the palladium atoms.

You know that I am a supporter of the first hypothesis. Luckily, the result of our experiments seems to show that I was right, and that's why I'm still able to write tonight. (Sometimes you have to take risks for your ideas)

• To “Can”:

Question 2 : With 50µF and 2500 volt, all the palladium wire is vaporized and oxidized. It form a little cloud of brown palladium oxide.

It is a rather expensive experiment, it is why I use copper to make “pre-shaped” plasmoïds like this:

(I used templates of Styrofoam to “cast” the plasmoïd before the shot.)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.