Ecat producing antimatter??

• Official Post

Toyota, IH, Coolescense(sp), for starters.

Coolescense was in real terms a minnow, they spent relatively modest amounts of cash over a long period. I am uncertain as to why they weren't luckier. IH are still working and still spending money, they have not withdrawn, neither have Toyota, in fact Toyota have stepped up their resource allocation twice over the last 18 months.

So your score is 0 out of 3 so far. got any more?

• Coolescense was in real terms a minnow, they spent relatively modest amounts of cash over a long period. I am uncertain as to why they weren't luckier. IH are still working and still spending money, they have not withdrawn, neither have Toyota, in fact Toyota have stepped up their resource allocation twice over the last 18 months.

So your score is 0 out of 3 so far. got any more?

My score is 3 out of 3. Toyota was working with P&F shortly after their announcement in a lab in Europe. That ended with no breakthroughs reported. Researchers paid Mitsubishi, upon whose work Toyota's recent research is based on, funds to try their transmutation experiment. Not only did the experiment fail, they found traces of the supposed transmutation products in the laboratory. The researchers who paid money concluded that the positive results were due to contamination. IH has to date only reported failures. You can spin these facts positively if you like. But, no breakthroughs which anyone outside of the LENR can replicate have been reported by these entities.

• Official Post

lenrnotreal,

Spend a little time on LENR-CANR, and you will see that there are many companies, academic institutions, government labs, and individual researchers reporting XH, tritium, and neutrons. None started one day, and the next had positive results. Many started as LENR skeptics. The road to success is a very laborious process, time consuming, expensive, and even then success hinges on factors they all readily admit are not yet well understood. Most drop out for various reasons (death for one as Jed has mentioned :) ), but when those that stay the course see positive results, in most cases they are confident enough in their results, and so taken by their observations, they are compelled to continue on...even knowing the condemnation awaiting them from their mainstream colleagues.

This is a good example of the quality of work being done in isolating what works, and what does not, by Violante and his team at ENEA:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ViolanteVrfdetectio.pdf

Then there are the commercial, Rossi type, Ni/H, LENR players whom have, unfortunately, made it all the more difficult for the serious researchers to be accepted by the mainstream.

• Official Post

My score is 3 out of 3. Toyota was working with P&F shortly after their announcement in a lab in Europe. That ended with no breakthroughs reported. Researchers paid Mitsubishi, upon whose work Toyota's recent research is based on, funds to try their transmutation experiment. Not only did the experiment fail, they found traces of the supposed transmutation products in the laboratory. The researchers who paid money concluded that the positive results were due to contamination. IH has to date only reported failures. You can spin these facts positively if you like. But, no breakthroughs which anyone outside of the LENR can replicate have been reported by these entities.

There is much more to those stories than what you report. I have a cold, and not in the mood to go research each, but off hand I am sure FP reported some very good results in France. Why nothing came of it, is one of those LENR mysteries.

The claims of transmutations being "lab contaminates" (by Kidwell I believe?)were hotly contested. There was a follow-up done that focused on eliminating that chance. One of the strongest replications was Toyota of the Mitsubishi transmutations: http://news.newenergytimes.net…bishi-lenr-transmutation/

They reported less than Mitsubishi, but they found transmutations nonetheless.

You really should start citing references.

• Official Post

But, no breakthroughs which anyone outside of the LENR can replicate have been reported by these entities.

Maybe they just don't want you to know. Their main interests are commercial, after all.

I am sure FP reported some very good results in France. Why nothing came of it, is one of those LENR mysteries.

I am sure JedRothwell knows more about this. He might care to repeat the stories he got from the mouths of various actors in this affair.

• Rossi has a long history of this.... throwing out a red herring to his supporters when the "news is slow"! This gives them a little excitement to keep the adrenalin flowing and fodder for endless discussion speculation on ECW and buys him time to come up with the next big revolution.

My "top ten" list of Rossi distractions....

1) Gas cat - never seen, never demo'd but certainly much talked about.

2) Jet engines! Aerospace engineer collaborating! Even to this day, is mentioned occasionally.

3) Certifications! Must have them you know. Oh, they were even obtained! Never really states what type and by who. (No, the much talked about SGS was NOT an actual certification.)

4) Sigma 5! Has been achieved! uh.... what exactly? Never stated, never given any details, never by whom or how or what. But it IS Sigma 5! This "HAD" to be accomplished before proceeding! :)

5) Direct thrust! Yes, time to bring the aerospace engineers back in! Mysterious as they are.

6) Tunable light. Hmmm, while the recent demo did not broach this subject, it was certainly talked about and provided a distraction for quite some time. Even Axil is intrigued by it! ;)

7) Direct electricity production! My, This was a biggie! Yet no evidence and the recent demo only used this as a possible speculation by believers as to why the power supply needed SO much cooling! (Uh. what happened to the Sigma 5 reliability here anyway? :/ )

8. Visions of the night lit up by this wondrous miracle! Hey, we did not get a New Year's vision this year! Anyway, much talk about Rossi's vision of "block grid sized" electrical and light producing eCats that has since faded into memory.... (as most of Rossi's claims);(

9) Norman Cook theory and collaboration. Rossi extolled the relationship and virtues.... oh wait... what happened? Never a word more about this partnership but not to worry! A new genius has taken his place! Carl-Oscar Gullström is now the poster boy and what a job he is doing! Oh the Cook days... yes they were exciting indeed.

10) And last in this particular list... when things are slow....and people start to waiver.... and something is needed to inject a little narcotic to get the eCat "high" back... THE ROBOTIC FACTORY! A long time fan favorite and sure to bring a smile on everyone's faces. Surely "mass commercial production" is just around the corner! Talked about for 6 years now.

Now next year, I am sure we can add this "anti-matter" fiasco to the list.

Rossi should have been a televangelist! He could have made his millions and not had to sit in a blue container "16 hours a day"! :sleeping:

Seriously though, Rossi is quite good at this and their is no doubt in my mind, these types of announcements are intentional and quite effective. Rossi seems to truly thrive on adulation from his fan base.

• Official Post

Rossi must be as amazed as us that there are those who will trust whatever he says, no matter how improbable. Especially so after what the court documents told us about Doral, and the QX DPS video caught him fiddling with the control box.

I get this picture that he is laughing to himself every time he throws this stuff out. The anti-matter thing was...well, no one could possibly believe that right, but some fell for it. Funny, but it will be mentioned as gospel for years to come. Just like the light/direct electricity/heat portioned out in whatever ratio, that he mentioned 2 years ago in his "I have a dream" post.

You just have to wonder what Gullstrom is thinking when Rossi asks him to work anti-matter into the theory? Cook broke off his relationship with Rossi when he figured out he was being used.

• Official Post

Max,

What Lou linked to was interesting in, and of itself. That is why I liked his post. New things are always intriguing, and thought provoking, no matter how far out there. Never know when it will lead to something useful.

Hopefully though, no one will read what Lou posted, and give Rossi credit for his QX's potential for anti-matter comment. With his well documented deceitful history, that should be obvious...I hope.

• Another recent item from Positron Dynamics, courtesy of NextBigFuture.com ---

Solutions for near-term antimatter fusion propulsion using isotope breeding cycle

https://www.nextbigfuture.com/…ron-emitting-isotope.html

Some additional speculation (but no assertions) --

Although their proposed engine uses 78Kr <--> 79Kr cycling to produce positrons, I wonder whether producing positrons via Oxygen-15 or Ni-13 decay would also work. (Some D2O would still be necessary, as well as some neutron kick-starter.) Both Oxygen-15 and Ni-13 are produced in electric arcs or lightning - See:

"Lightning strikes cause nuclear reactions in the atmosphere"

https://www.chemistryworld.com…tmosphere/3008332.article

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.