Research Team in Japan Reports Excess Heat - (Nissan Motors among otheres)

• Official Post

Brief Summary Report of MHE Project Phenomenology and Controllability of New Exothermic Reaction between Metal and Hydrogen

Abstract
    Project Aim: to verify the existence of new exothermic reaction between nano-metals and hydrogen which will be applicable for future new clean energy source, and to study the controllability of generated thermal energy. In the following, brief summary of implementation and results by MHE-group Japan is described in designated R&D issues for two years project period of 2015 October to 2017 October.

Brief Summary Report of MHE Project Phenomenology and Controllability of New Exothermic Reaction between Metal and Hydrogen (PDF Download Available). Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/p…etween_Metal_and_Hydrogen [accessed Jan 10 2018].

https://www.researchgate.net/p…etween_Metal_and_Hydrogen

• Very impressive. With 120g samples, they sustained 10-24W excess for a month at 300C. Results were confirmed at two different labs.

If it scales, that works out to 83-200 W/Kg.

At 200 W/Kg, a 100 Kg pack (replacing a battery) would deliver up to 20 KW, which is about the power needed to drive a Tesla on flat ground at 65 MPH.

A little engineering work may be needed first...

• I dont find this research conclusive. The oil in the oil calorimetry might have been secretly burning like a candle delivering the reported excess energy. Or the bucket of oil evaporated overnight because of the weather conditions in japan. It is well known that japan has oil evaporating weather conditions all the time.

Additionally it has not been replicated by MIT or Caltech, so it is not possible to draw any conclusions. So my impression is that this is a very weak attempt to fool real scientists about LENR. It is well known from theory that LENR can not work.

• Official Post

Additionally it has not been replicated by MIT or Caltech,

I don't see any reference to sending samples ther.

It is said to be replicated in japan (I don't see any general evidence about Japanese being less serious than US... on the contrary)

Reproducibility at different laboratories: Providing two divided sample powders of PNZ-type from

same-batch fabricated powder, independent parallel test runs were carried out at Kobe University and Tohoku University. Results of excess heat generation data from both laboratories were very reproducible for room-temperature and elevated-temperature conditions. Thus, the existence and reproducibility of new exothermic phenomenon by interaction of nano-metal composite samples and H(D)-gas have been confirmed.

Brief Summary Report of MHE Project Phenomenology and Controllability of New Exothermic Reaction between Metal and Hydrogen (PDF Download Available). Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/p…etween_Metal_and_Hydrogen [accessed Jan 11 2018].

Given their previous pathetic failure in calorimetry and ethics (MIT errors, MIT fraud 1 2 , Caltech errors), it would not be the firsts labs i will contact.

• @Alan and Alain

Sorry I forgot the irony flag. I thought that "a bucket of oil evaporating over night" was flag enough :)

@ Topic: Great work and it seems to be a fruitful cooperation there in japan. I hope this report will release additional funds to increase their research capabilities.

• I think that the excellent and constant work, of Japanese National group on LENR Research, has to be the REAL example to be followed worldwide.

According to me, their results are quite "prudent", considering the usual low-reproducibilty problematics, and will be the solid starting point for further progresses.

Good luck, Japanese Colleagues!

• Very impressive. With 120g samples, they sustained 10-24W excess for a month at 300C. Results were confirmed at two different labs.

If it scales, that works out to 83-200 W/Kg.

At 200 W/Kg, a 100 Kg pack (replacing a battery) would deliver up to 20 KW, which is about the power needed to drive a Tesla on flat ground at 65 MPH.

A little engineering work may be needed first...

I dont find this research conclusive. The oil in the oil calorimetry might have been secretly burning like a candle delivering the reported excess energy. Or the bucket of oil evaporated overnight because of the weather conditions in japan. It is well known that japan has oil evaporating weather conditions all the time.

Additionally it has not been replicated by MIT or Caltech, so it is not possible to draw any conclusions. So my impression is that this is a very weak attempt to fool real scientists about LENR. It is well known from theory that LENR can not work.

I read this report with great interest. It has positives:

• 120g / 10W / >>> chemical enrgy
    • replication in two labs
    • repeatable

BUT - I could not find the source descriptions in enough detail to set my mind at rest about the one obvious negative.

This excess power is only at elevated temperatures. They do not say but it could therefore be a fairly small fraction of the power in (say 10% or less). In that case anything that changed the calorimetry calibration would look like excess heat.

It all depends on the details. What are the controls? What is the the calorimeter efficiency? Is there anything that can change this? It would be nice in this obviously meant to be definitive work to see all these details dealt with in great detail, as they could be, and need to be for this work is to make the big worldwide impression that it should, if real. I look forward to proper write-ups.

The replication BTW does not help if the flaw is based on calorimetry design, and the same design is used in the replicated experiments. Again, it would be good to have more info.

Best wishes, THH

• I'm sorry friends, because i couln't share the general optimism.:!:

In few words, i'm well aware about these results since several months.

Congratulations for Japan's state, universities, compagnies to strongly support Lenr research.

Therefore what are we talking about here ?

XH in relation with Pd small thickness which helps to load H isotopes at high rate.

Small thickness allows an hydrogen reflux phenomenon during loading which condenses protons against each other.

Finally, i'm sorry.. a lot money for poor results because already seen more than 20 years ago.

Today everybody knows we need for Lenr triggering several types of sollicitation unfortunally japan's team didn't work yet in this direction.

Japan's precept to explain how they envision things could be: slowly but surely .:) Different from italian's spirit which remain more creative therefore maybe ? more hazardous.

• Official Post

Japan's precept to explain how they envision things could be: slowly but surely . Different from italian's spirit which remain more creative therefore maybe ? more hazardous.

Sounds like a jealous Italian to me. :) And honestly, has anything in LENR ever been something other than "slowly but surely"? Certainly Italian LENR pioneers such as Focardi, Piantelli, and Violante are creative, but in my readings they come across as well, no way around it...slow and steady, like everyone else.

This new Japanese report closely mirrors an earlier one presented at ICCF20. It has 17 authors from several universities and industry, with replications at other labs, so at least in that respect, I think it passes some hurdles others did not...as THH takes note of.

• Shane "This new Japanese report closely mirrors an earlier one presented at ICCF20"

I think the methodology is the same..."the oil calorimetry" but the excess heat appears to be well over ten times the modest ones reported in ICCF20

The ICCF20 report stated excess heat

"14.9 eV per absorbed D. . The amount of excess energy amounted to 1.9 MJ and the generated energy per hydrogen atom

was estimated as 67.8 eV/H

these eV figures correspond to 1.4 and 6.5 MJ per mol-H(D)- absorbed..the XS/input ratio is about 0.1 in these ICCF20 expts.

The recent summary with the PNZ6 alloy states.

"

We observed excess heat data of maximum 26,000MJ per mol-H(D)-transferred or 85 MJ per mol-D absorbed in sample,

• "New Exothermic Reaction between Metal and Hydrogen"

***There's nothing really new about this exothermic reaction. It was reported almost thirty years ago, dozens of patents have been granted and many of them are expiring. So any company looking to go into production looking for patents as Intellectual Property protection is going to be disappointed. It would be a free-for-all.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.