Research Team in Japan Reports Excess Heat - (Nissan Motors among otheres)

• Companies would not need to patent the reaction in order to get coverage of their approach. There is plenty of invention in the application of the basic concepts to working products. No one holds the fundamental patent for a "stored program computer" but there are thousands of patents on different approaches to commercial products based on that principle, and those companies have been very successful.

• Clearly these results were due to an oil-drinking cat. Very common in Japan.

Well, they are not as common as they used to be. During the Edo period, cats often disguised themselves as women in order to play tricks on people, or to kill them. You could sometimes tell these were actually cats and not women, because they could not resist drinking the oil from lamps. When the cat put her head into the lamplight, you could see she was a cat, not a human after all. Like this:

Badgers also disguised themselves as women, or as teapots. I believe they were less of a menace. They mainly pilfered watermelon (which they still do) and tricked people into eating manure.

Here is an illustration by Toyoharu of a cat disguised as a woman about to betray herself by drinking from a lamp. She is fierce, as are many human Japanese women, such as Sada Abe. Do not underestimate them.

500-2514.jpg

Here is a cat disguised as a women, seducing a man. You would think he could tell she is not a person, but I suppose love is blind.

560px-Urikotoba_Bakenekoyujo.jpg

• https://www.youtube.com/user/tarasenkogennadiy/videos Here look there is a movie on ICCf 20

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• Official Post

Thank you Gennadiy.

I never heard of this Quantum Potential Corporation, but from watching your recording of their ICCF20 presentation, they appear to be making some good progress. You could tell Hagelstein, and Berberian, along with others I could not recognize were interested. BG offered MFMP's help by sending them some of their equipment.

The owner seems a very serious, sincere scientist, and better yet...he is young. We sure need more of that in LENR. Lots of good things going on there in Russia.

• Official Post

Shane D.

There is a proposal.for NASA work on their web site. It contains bio of few team members. Most of them teach in US unis. But I am afraid they are not very active right now.

Max,

Hard to stay active when you are starving for funds. A common problem in LENR according to Jed. Hopefully, MFMP lending them their equipment will help get them more active again.

• Thank you Gennadiy.

I never heard of this Quantum Potential Corporation, but from watching your recording of their ICCF20 presentation, they appear to be making some good progress. You could tell Hagelstein, and Berberian, along with others I could not recognize were interested. BG offered MFMP's help by sending them some of their equipment.

The owner seems a very serious, sincere scientist, and better yet...he is young. We sure need more of that in LENR. Lots of good things going on there in Russia.

Unfortunately I have no communication with them because I badly know English. I live in Kazakhstan, I am geologist-geophysicist, I do planet model Earth and processes of LENR occur constantly there. I want to pay attention of physicists to geology, what together to create the electricity generator on the basis of planet model Earth. I consider as the main mechanism of the generator, there will be a rotation of a fireball in the reactor, corresponding to sheeted conditions for formation of spherical concretions!

• Official Post

LINR,

17 authors from 4 universities, and 2 industries alone is some form of independent verification. In addition, this is from their report:

"Reproducibility at different laboratories: Providing two divided sample powders of PNZ-type from

same-batch fabricated powder, independent parallel test runs were carried out at Kobe University and Tohoku University. Results of excess heat generation data from both laboratories were very reproducible for room-temperature and elevated-temperature conditions. Thus, the existence and reproducibility of new exothermic phenomenon by interaction of nano-metal composite samples and H(D)-gas have been confirmed."

P.S. This is my response to LINR's post moved to Clearance.

• The CF/LENR field has had the same results for the past 29 years: A few carefully selected scientists at a few carefully selected labs were able to duplicate the results. Then, it stops at that point without any more progress. My theory for why this happens is that as individuals outside of LENR (with expensive, accurate, and contamination free equipment) try to reproduce the results, they fail.

• To show confidence in their results, I ask that they send their device to at least two Ivy League, Caltech, or MIT laboratories for pass/fail tests with full disclosure of the results but not of any IP. If it passes all of those tests without any involvement or intervention by LENR proponents, then I will believe that particular device has a real effect which requires further study.

• Then, it stops at that point without any more progress. My theory for why this happens is that as individuals outside of LENR (with expensive, accurate, and contamination free equipment) try to reproduce the results, they fail.

Your theory explains something that did not happen. Cold fusion was widely replicated, and these replications were published in mainstream journals. The methods were explained carefully, in detail, and they could be used by experts again. The reason there are no present replications is not because replications failed, but because of academic politics. Any professor or national lab researcher who proposes a cold fusion experiment will be fired. His or her reputation will be destroyed in the mainstream media. That happened to dozens of researchers. That is why no one will do the experiment today. It has nothing to do with technical problems or with your imaginary explanation.

New ideas and discoveries in science, such as the laser and the MRI, have often been suppressed. Researchers have often been fired for promoting them. No one should be surprised this happened with cold fusion. Fleischmann predicted that it would. It is unusual that the opposition has gone on so long, and succeeded so well.

It is also no surprise that people like you, who read nothing and know nothing, imagine that there is some other cause. Read about the laser and other suppressed discoveries and you will find many people said the same thing you are now saying.

• Jed Rothwell

"New ideas and discoveries in science, such as the laser and the MRI, have often been suppressed."

The recently deceased Callestous Juma cites 600 yrs of opposition to technological innovation,

everything from tea harvesting to solar power

https://theconversation.com/wh…ns-greatest-threats-62502

Opposition is is part of human nature, based not on facts but on perception of loss

..loss of income, identity, worldview or power.

The president of Tokyo university. Arima ,a nuclear physicist, is reputed to have said in 1989

if cold fusion turned out to be real he would quit his job, shave his head and become a Buddhist monk.

Arima has not lost all his hair as far as I know.. perhaps his worldview remains the same at the age of 87.

• The recently deceased Callestous Juma cites 600 yrs of opposition to technological innovation,

everything from tea harvesting to solar power

https://theconversation.com/wh…ns-greatest-threats-62502

Opposition is is part of human nature, based not on facts but on perception of loss

..loss of income, identity, worldview or power.

I agree. That's a good essay. I would add two factors not described in the essay (which may be in the book by the same author):

1. Machavelli's principle:

"It must be considered that there is nothing more difficult to carry out nor more doubtful of success nor more dangerous to handle than to initiate a new order of things; for the reformer has enemies in all those who profit by the old order, and only lukewarm defenders in all those who would profit by the new order; this lukewarmness arising partly from the incredulity of mankind who does not truly believe in anything new until they actually have experience of it."

2. People have an instinctive fear of novelty. They are afraid of the unknown. This instinct is at war with curiosity, which another instinct. (It often happens that instincts conflict, in things like "fight or flight" behavior.) This fear of novelty is described in this collection of quotes:

http://amasci.com/weird/skepquot.html

Especially:

"If we watch ourselves honestly we shall often find that we have begun to argue against a new idea even before it has been completely stated."

- Wilfred Trotter

• To show confidence in their results, I ask that they send their device to at least two Ivy League, Caltech, or MIT laboratories for pass/fail tests with full disclosure of the results but not of any IP.

That is ridiculous. No one at Caltech or MIT is capable of doing a cold fusion experiment, or has the slightest interest in doing one. To do an experiment takes months or years of effort, and PhD level skills. What on earth makes "lenrisnotreal" think there would professors at either of these institutions who would be willing to drop everything and spend the next few years learning how to do these experiments? This is like asking them to take over the controls of a Tokamak plasma reactor.

It is not as if you plug the machine in and it gives you an answer. This comment reminds me of someone years ago who suggested that a skeptic should visit a cold fusion experiment with a helium detector and, when no one is looking, he should slip the detector out of his pocket, take a sample of gas, and see how much helium is in it. That's not how it works. The photo below shows the kind detector you need. Please note:

• It does not fit in your pocket.
    • It does not produce an instant answer.
    • You have to learn a lot about how to use it before you get a meaningful answer. An ordinary prof. at Caltech or MIT would not know which end is up.
    • The experiment has to be designed around it.

EneaMassSpec1.jpg

Another problem is that if anyone at Caltech or MIT did express interest in doing a cold fusion experiment, they would be fired on some trumped up charge, tenure be damned.

• LINR " ask that they send their device to at least two Ivy League, Caltech"

Jed Rothwell "To do an experiment takes months or years of effort, and PhD level skills."

Kobe/Tohoku Summary " In the first year (2015-2016) program, a new highly accurate oil mass-flow calorimetry system was installed at Tohoku University. The system was designed by improving performances of the already existing MHE calorimetry system (500 cc reaction chamber and many operation components) at Kobe University. We fabricated components and assembled at ELPH (Electron Photon Science Research Center) of Tohoku University. In July 2016, main body of system was constructed and started to make performance test in open room, and after two months for primary tests, the system settlement was finished in a new temperature-controlled (within ±0.1℃) room. Evaluated accuracy of the calorimetry system is satisfactory, namely less than ±1.5%error in thermal-power measurement, less than ±0.1℃ error in temperature detection by thermos-couples and RTDs, and less than ±2% error in thermal flux measurement. The new system has started to be used for the collaboration experiments of 6-parties-joint team since August 2016

Sending the 'device' to Ivy League nirvana as LINR advocates is.... NR ..not real . The whole measurement/control system must be sent plus instructions/instructors

Perhaps after 2 weeks reading LINR will be less NR.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.