The LION experiment

• Official Post

About diamons,d I've followed an interesting application of boron doped diamonst for purifying water through electrolysisi.

Diamonds resist better high current.

http://www.waterworld.com/arti…er-without-chemicals.html

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.ph…d=S1516-14392007000400016

about slow electrons because of low workfunction (not sure I understand what it mean ? low exit potential barrier?), may I make a parallel with glow discharge experiments ? is is meaningful?

• When an EVO strikes an embrittled target, the fuel will be bombarded with just about every type of stimulation thought to induce LENR.

The EVO is a secondary LENR causation factor. The EVO is a bag of energy much like a laser pulse. When the EVO hits the surface of a metal, the energy release that the EVO produces generates a polariton soliton. This soliton is what is the primary LENR agent.

• Boron nitride is an electron blocker because of the nature of the bonds of the boron and nitrogen in its hexagonal crystal structure.

• I am considering diamonds as electron and EVO emitters.

Electrode emitters come in multiple forms, but two common ones are hot (thermionic) and cold (closer to pure field emission) cathodes. For an electron to eject from an emitter, the "work function" must be overcame. Basically, an energy barrier must be breached. When this happens, an electron is able to push out of the emitter into free space or a gaseous environment or maybe even a liquid. Ordinary metals like nickel can serve as emitters, but they have a relatively high work function. To overcome it, metals like nickel are typically heated. However, even nickel and tungsten can be "doped" with different elements to lower the work function. Diamond, especially when doped with various elements, seems to have an extremely low work function -- even reaching negative values. This means when heat, light, or photons or voltage interact with a diamond emitter, the electrons can flow out EASILY. Interestingly, in many mainstream papers about diamond emitters, in some cases, the electrons flow out in discrete individual "bunches" rather than a steady stream. To me, this screams EVO.

• I am considering diamonds as electron and EVO emitters.

Electrode emitters come in multiple forms, but two common ones are hot (thermionic) and cold (closer to pure field emission) cathodes. For an electron to eject from an emitter, the "work function" must be overcame. Basically, an energy barrier must be breached. When this happens, an electron is able to push out of the emitter into free space or a gaseous environment or maybe even a liquid. Ordinary metals like nickel can serve as emitters, but they have a relatively high work function. To overcome it, metals like nickel are typically heated. However, even nickel and tungsten can be "doped" with different elements to lower the work function. Diamond, especially when doped with various elements, seems to have an extremely low work function -- even reaching negative values. This means when heat, light, or photons or voltage interact with a diamond emitter, the electrons can flow out EASILY. Interestingly, in many mainstream papers about diamond emitters, in some cases, the electrons flow out in discrete individual "bunches" rather than a steady stream. To me, this screams EVO.

There and many devices that produce electron emissions. Vacuum tubes and light bulbs with thorium spiked filaments for example. These devices are not LENR active. You just cannot take one characteristic of a material and tag it as the cause of LENR. Where is the causal chain in the theory?

• When the electrons bunch up and form EVOs that then strike embrittled material to create cascades of fracto-emission. Ordinary electron emission, by itself, may or may not be enough for robust LENR.

• But how does the electrons produce fusion??? The L&W theory???

There are many possibilities. But I don't think the electrons are the only way that EVOs induce LENR. But according to the electron theory there are a few possibilities.

1) The "LAV" or discrete breather theories of Dubinko about electron or x-ray induced LENR.

http://www.worldscientific.com…16500065?journalCode=jmmp

2) The bombardment of charged particles inducing SPPs on the surface that could produce LENR.

3) Tiny scale "cooper pair" like EVOs (AKA Heavy Electrons) penetrating the electron orbitals and inducing LENR.

• LENR is an extremely vague term to describe a wide range of different nuclear reactions. The problem is that we don't have the reactions pinned down at all, so we can't differentiate well what exactly is happening. What I'm saying is that EVOs produce a wide range of stimulation that seems to induce one or more nuclear reactions which fall under the general term LENR - even though a few of these possible nuclear reactions could be deemed a little more hot.

As I've said before, EVOs are the shotgun approach to LENR. Basically, imagine trying to kill a werewolf without knowing what type of metal worked. One solution could be to make a shot gun cartridge with pellets of dozens of different elements. You might not be able to pin down what element slayed the monster, but you would end up alive and the werewolf would be dead. This is what I'm saying is probably the case with EVOs and LENR. Except that I expect that a few different types of pellets in the cartridge are effective at inducing LENR to various degrees.

• LENR is an extremely vague term to describe a wide range of different nuclear reactions. The problem is that we don't have the reactions pinned down at all, so we can't differentiate well what exactly is happening. What I'm saying is that EVOs produce a wide range of stimulation that seems to induce one or more nuclear reactions which fall under the general term LENR - even though a few of these possible nuclear reactions could be deemed a little more hot.

As I've said before, EVOs are the shotgun approach to LENR. Basically, imagine trying to kill a werewolf without knowing what type of metal worked. One solution could be to make a shot gun cartridge with pellets of dozens of different elements. You might not be able to pin down what element slayed the monster, but you would end up alive and the werewolf would be dead. This is what I'm saying is probably the case with EVOs and LENR. Except that I expect that a few different types of pellets in the cartridge are effective at inducing LENR to various degrees.

There are some low powered LENR systems where EVO's are not produced like bacteria and the the-dennis-cravens-golden-ball-reaction (see below). How can you explain that?

The Dennis Cravens Golden Ball reaction

• Diamonds have a low work function but are not conductors.

Certainly diamonds such as natural type IIa, across specific planes / axes, are among the world's best electrical insulators, shared with some varieties of polystyrene and perhaps ultraclean PTFE. Low electron emission work function is often identified with high bulk electrical resistivity.

But, thermally diamonds can be the worlds best conductors:

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/search.jsp?R=19920000747

https://www.google.com/url?sa=…Vaw2Dvi0JrXGXALq9PlIXfynq

Thermal conductivity, especially in specific orientations is closely associated with effective electron mass. Apparently reprising aspects of W-L theory.

• There are some low powered LENR systems where EVO's are not produced like bacteria and the the-dennis-cravens-golden-ball-reaction (see below). How can you explain that?

The Dennis Cravens Golden Ball reaction

I have not said that EVOs explain every single anomalous nuclear effect, but they seem to be a unifying mechanism among a broad range of LENR systems. Since EVOs can scale down so small, I don't dismiss the idea of bacteria producing "heavy electron" like clusters that can induce transmutations. I don't know a huge amount about Craven's experiment.

• Official Post

The transmutation of e;ements withing living systems is currently an area that has recaptured the interest of a number of researchers, particularly in the old Soviet Bloc countries. I have no opinion of the validity of the research, except to say that I have met one of its foremost scientists, Vladimir Vyssotsky and found him to be very smart and very diligent in his approach to everything he does.

Here btw, is a US Army research paper on the topic. http://rexresearch.com/goldfein/goldfein.htm

• Another MFMP video added to the LION experiment

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

LION - tractor beam

Published on Jan 30, 2018

• In response to Axil's suggestion at ECW, here are some images of the diamond pads before and after the bake/soak treatment. The first two images are of the raw pads, still attached to the green resin backing sheet. The first image is with side lighting only, and shows the color of the diamonds tinted by reflected light off the backing, . The second image is with through-the-lens direct lighting, and shows bright gold-tinted reflections from the polished nickel backing of the disc. Some of the gold color is also reflected back through the diamonds, giving them more false color.

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

The third image is of a pad removed from the D2O soaking after two weeks. The changes are subtle, but some details may be revealed after further study. The small area in the central red circle is a facet plane that happened to be horizontal to the disc, which enabled a look at higher magnification with some depth of field. The result in image 4 is pretty cool, lots of tiny tetrahedral crystals growing out of the surface. The smallest ones visible are around 1 micron, and because of the wide range of dimension seen, there are likely to be many sub-micron ones as well.

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

I'm not saying that these nano-scale features resulted from the bake/soak treatment. I wasn't looking in the raw material, but having seen this, I would surely have a closer look with SEM (if I had one).

AlanG

• Forgive me for missing the discussion, but I'm curious what the empirical basis is for using diamonds? Or is this the result of a suggestion following someone's flight of fancy? Presumably this is something LION is using? That begs two related questions: has he controlled for diamonds/not-diamonds? And what are the observables that lead one to suspect that LION has something?

So far I have gathered that it is the coloration and destruction of the inside of the tube, but that doesn't sound like an adequate basis for concluding anything, so I suspect it must be something much more than that. (I am sure Bob G.'s video has the answer to these questions, but I'm reluctant to sit through it, and I think the answers to these questions will be of general interest, so I go ahead and ask them.)

• Official Post

Lion is using diamonds, the same source of diamonds that AlanG has shown above. I guess you missed the X-ray photos and the particle track photos I posted in here? I (and others) are working on replicating LION's discovery of what appears to be LENR stimulated by heavy-water treated diamonds. How he started using this method of triggering something very strange is not at presnt known to me, I have only met him once, but over the next few months it should become clear.

magicsound - Love the triangles- will go look for some on my diamonds. Below are closer to 'true colour' reflected light shots of diamonds baked for 7 days- but not soaked.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.