The LION experiment

• Official Post

Absolutely not in my head, the contradictions lies in your head. As my references show, your opinion is contrary to the general thinking that currently exists in the LENR community. You definitely hold an outlier view.

Not at all. Your references only show the relaxed use of language within a journalistic framework. You are confusing the replication of an effect -which is supportive evidence perhaps, with the replication of an experiment which entails copying all details as closely as possible. They are two entirely different things

• Official Post

By the way, if there would really be a way to "store" this energy in the reactants chemically it would be quite an astonishing feat by itself and a lot of people would be very interested I bet

I tried it with Thermite, which is very high energy stuff. No good, once the energy release starts, its gone in a flash. http://www.lookingforheat.com/thermite-in-lenr

• Not at all. Your references only show the relaxed use of language within a journalistic framework. You are confusing the replication of an effect -which is supportive evidence perhaps, with the replication of an experiment which entails copying all details as closely as possible. They are two entirely different things

If the intent is to support the experiment with the replication of the effect, then the language within this genera;;y encountered journalistic framework is appropriate and on point.

• Back to front axil. The intention is to replicate the experiment, in the hope of seeing the same effects, which is not the same thing at all.

The intention is to show that LENR maintains a common feature set across many different types of unrelated experiments; if it is LENR, the results are the same. Front to back Alan.

• The intention is to show that LENR maintains a common feature set across many different types of unrelated experiments; if it is LENR, the results are the same. Front to back Alan.

I have actually suggested to Alan, as a completely different procedure from the one he intends to carry out, that he replicate the LION results rather than the LION procedures. He was interested, but clearly realizes, as I do, that the 2 things are completely different.

To be specific, my suggestion was to raise the temperature of a LION style reactor to the point that things melt. This would replicate the results seen in Bob's Model T autopsies. Personally I expect that even if the reactor concerned has no diamonds in it, all features seen in LION 1 and 2 final states can be replicated by subjecting a reactor to a high enough temperature. No LENR needed. Alan is dubious that his model T system can achieve the required temperature but I suppose that one never knows until one tries.

• This post is related to this video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In Bob Greenyer's observation of the double hole pattern in the LION reactor ash, we know that both the left handed and right handed sides of the flux tube will generate the dissolution of matter.

The rules for weak forces decay allows this to happen in a simple way and still allows for all the adherence to all the conservation laws involved in weak force reactions.

frZVd.png

For the Left handed magnetic reaction involved in the flux tube:

From this table, a down quark can be converted to a strange quark by adding about 95 MeV to the down quark. This mass addition creates a strange quark. The Up quark and a strange quark produces a negative kaon. All quarks in this reaction: Up, Down, and Strange are left handed. The left handed magnetic field side of the flux tube produces a negative kaon by adding 95 MeV to the nucleon. The Spin, Charge, and Baryon number remain unchanged,

Weak force reactions can occur involving right handed particles, but in anti-matter only.

For the Right handed magnetic reaction involved in the flux tube:

From this table, an anti-down quark can be converted to an anti-strange quark by adding about 95 MeV to the anti-down quark. This mass addition creates a anti-strange quark. The anti-Up quark and a anti-strange quark produces a positive kaon. All quarks in this reaction: anti-Up, anti-Down, and anti-Strange are right handed. The right handed magnetic field side of the flux tube produces a positive kaon by adding 95 MeV to the nucleon. The Spin, Charge, and Baryon number remain unchanged,

see

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W_and_Z_bosons

In

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weak_hypercharge

See the paragraph titled "definition"

It looks like we can just add energy to the down quark to get up to the strange quark.

It looks like

"quantum field B mixes with the W^ 3 electroweak quantum field to produce the observed Z gauge boson and the photon of quantum electrodynamics."

On the last line of the the table in that section, the right and left handed quark families are broken out.

The charge, weak isospin. and weak isocharge are shown to be conserved in the both the right and left handed magnetic reactions that increases the masses (95 MeV) of both the down/anti-down quark into a strange/anti-strange quark.

• It looks like we can just add energy to the down quark to get up to the strange quark.

Bad news for you Axil: Yesterday I modeled the Pion: It's an exact 4D excess energy resonance of the proton. Standard physics bla-bla will soon be dead...

The 4D model is by default chiral because SO(4) is a quotient!

• Bad news for you Axil: Yesterday I modeled the Pion: It's an exact 4D excess energy resonance of the proton. Standard physics bla-bla will soon be dead...

The 4D model is by default chiral because SO(4) is a quotient!

What is your explanation of what is punching the holes into matter? When you explain your model of this issue , please use simple words.

• Official Post

Update on a second dummy run with 7/30 prepared diamonds. Just over 100 hours into the hot zone and no excitement as of the 60 hour mark. The reactor was given a slow ramp up to 900C at the start, and was then cycled between 800/900C for many hours, with one run up to 1000C and then back to 800, where it has remained (unattended) for the last 40 hours approx. Going to check on it soon - no b/band in the lab for at least another 10 days so a personal visit is required. If anything interesting has/is occurring I will report later.

• Alan Smith

I eventually realized it's a joke, but if you're using the active agent (which I assumed would just be the diapads soaked in D2O) prepared and used according to LION's instructions this would be a null run rather than a dummy (or control) run.

• Alan Smith

Something like this would have been clearer:

Apparent null run after 60 hours of activity (2.5 days) following a slow ramp to 900°C, temperature cycling at 800-900°C and one run up to 1000°C. Unattended testing continued at 800°C for 40 more hours, but the results are not known yet as the laboratory won't have broadband internet access until mid April at the earliest and a personal visit is required to check out what happened.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.