• The field of cold fusion/LENR is rapidly devolving into a pseudo-scientific cult (if it's not already there) where all positive claims are deemed gospel and become front page news, while all negative claims are ignored, excused, or hidden. If these effects were real (which I don't believe they are) they would be ubiquitous. However, only LENR friendly labs seem to be able to produce heat, light, electricity, gold, diamonds, antimatter, and anything else they want from these effects without radiation while everyone else fails. Wonder why this is?

Please permanently delete my account as I'm too busy to follow or participate in this any longer. Good luck to those who believe in this in your pursuit of free energy. Perhaps you will be right with mainstream scientists' missing this effect somehow in all their experiments. I seriously doubt that, though.

• LENRISNOTREAL,

This forum isn't a good fit for you. For example, if I were a vegan I wouldn't join a deer hunting club that had frequent BBQs. A more appropriate group for such an extreme vegetarian to join would be a tofu appreciation organization. I feel you'd be happier in SCICOP. Or, if you truly are interested in new sources of energy - even if they won't do much to help our civilization - there are communities that focus on biogas.

• The basic assertion made by lenrisnotreal is backed up on this thread by some lightweight responses.

It is plain that many people who post on this site have no real comprehension of, or respect for, the role of polite and well-argued contrary opinion in keeping a field honest. lenrisnot real spent most of his time here arguing that LENR has not yet presented compelling evidence that its findings are real and advocating for higher standards and better methods. His/her arguments were specific, informed, and serious minded. Apparently this is sort of activity not welcome here. That is unfortunate. That sort of attitude is going to keep the whole LENR field held firmly in the category of pseudoscience.

I particularly deplore Director's attitude. It is the attitude of a scientific amateur who has no first-hand experience with how science actually operates. Everyone who has published scientific research agrees that withstanding tough-minded criticism (in particular from referees of submitted articles) is essential to the whole enterprise. In the end it improves research and so should be embraced. The same goes for demanding robust replications of published results before accepting them as real. Many people on this site would benefit from thinking this over and subsequently renovating their attitudes to points of view they don't agree with.

• I do agree that the forum has become a bit less ...focussed... rather than more, despite the work of the administrator's work towards the former.

Of late, I find myself more interested in conversations (elsewhere) such as the pros and cons of Skyla + Mewtwo-GX vs. Tapu Lele-GX, or does the new Palkia-GX need too many energys to be truly useable...

But I do like to pop in for a look fairly often. Rarely a dull moment here.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.