MFMP:LFH - LION2 100% Replication well beyond LION1

• Official Post

LENR is REAL - LION2 was a 100% Replication, and it went well beyond LION1 :thumbup:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As far as I'm concerned, if it can be repeated again so the excess heat can be recorded live and on video, it is also proves of spheromak or EVO stimulated LENR. If you notice, the fuel discs are barely effected by the heat. They look almost new! However, material farther away is radically melted and altered. This tells us that the EVOs were not strongly interacting with matter at first and were likely in the "black" state. Only some distance away did they start destabilizing, interact with matter, induce nuclear reactions, and produce heat. Note that the discs had been originally stacked atop each other yet they came apart easily when he tilted the Model T!

• Another bit of info it provides is that this configuration doesn't depend upon nickel loading or hydrogenation. Instead, the doping of the diamonds is what's vital and allows strange radiation (black EVOs) to spread and produce anomalous heat in materials with no hydrogen content. The quartz tube, for example, that shouldn't start melting until way over 1700C. Although we don't know how long it took to get this device to start self sustaining, there is lots of room for improvement with the doping process. For example, in this case the discs are only briefly exposed to water vapor for seconds as they are quenched. They could easily be exposed to water vapor for longer and or a higher temperature. Also, they could be doped in other ways as well. Or, using a first layer of oxygen (using ozone exposure and a UV light) and then bonding on lithium (allowing lithium vapor in an argone atmosphere to make contact at several hundred degrees) the work function could be further lowered and the dopant layers stabilized for higher temp operation.

• Official Post

We do not have sufficient data to say what the COP might beat the moment, but I am optimistic it could be significantly out of the noise.. First plan for LFH is to run a control experiment without treated diamond pads (using plain Ni pads) for an extended period, just to see what happens to the Cu Wire wrapping in the ModelT reactor environment..

• There is a lot of noise about those LION reactors.

Is there a report on the test that makes it probable that more interesting things than just cremating some innocent components is going on?

• Then is there some preliminary info?

I know there are very long videos and a lot of text about it, but a short summary would be helpful.

• Well, what is that about LENR that leads to premature excited announcements?

If this is as exciting as those who are excited think, I'm sure we will get the details soon. But so far all we have is experiments showing dramatic destruction of test samples.

Even a little context would help...

• Official Post

The apparently successful experiment (which is only a replication in that it was part of a series of similar experiments) was carried out by a long-standing (perhaps the very first) customer of LFH at his own premises. We have only an anecdotal account of events during the run, no video, no data logging. Which is very unfortunate. BUT, based on my knowledge of the Model T reactor's behaviour plus the visible evidence of huge amounts of XSH heat generation from 2 experiemtns at least, X-ray film evidence and visible evidence of particle damage to parts of the system and transmutaion, I can confidently state 'something remarkable happened here'. And by the end of February I hope to know exactly what. And how.

• LENR is REAL - LION2 was a 100% Replication, and it went well beyond LION1 :thumbup:

Hmmm, sounds familiar. Where have I heard it before? Oh, I remember. Two years ago (Feb 2016), Bob Greenyer declared:

"the end of the carbon age"

and said:

"We did it... We lit the New Fire Together!"

Of course, the carbon age did not end, but, seven months later (September 2016) Greenyer said:

"I have devised an absolutely fool proof experiment that will prove inside 2 weeks the reality of LENR indisputably and live and will not need a replication, post verification or any complicated debates to convince doubters. Moreover it will have implications across many scientific disciplines."

Well, 2 weeks -- 2 years -- 2 decades, it's all the same, isn't it?

• The Age of the EVO has began.

Two years ago we had a very incomplete picture of LENR - a jigsaw puzzle of various elements, reactor designs, energetic effects, particle emissions, radiation, and transmutations that didn't fit together well at all. Now, the understanding of ASTOUNDED states has brought together a huge portion of the pieces. The primary driver of LENR phenomena is now apparant. From here, everything gets easier. Perhaps we don't have a GPS unit guiding us to our destination, but a friendly driver we met along the way, Ken Shoulders, along with a few of his friends, have given us a printed road map - even if it is a little faded. This is much better than driving aroundcin circles!

• Louis Reed

For all his acknowledged bias, and (believed by some here) poor judgement, Alan is at least rational. So that makes his anecdotal comments more relevant than Bob Greenyer's. And personally I have every confidence that he would not falsely deceive us.

Which leaves the assessment of evidence, and judgement:

visible evidence of huge amounts of XSH heat generation from 2 experiemtns at least, (would maybe differ over huge XSH)

X-ray film evidence (would maybe differ over its significance)

and visible evidence of particle damage to parts of the system and transmutaion (would maybe differ over whether this was necessarily high energy particle)

Well, it might be the same. But too early to conclude that without seeing the evidence.

• The Age of the EVO has began.

Two years ago we had a very incomplete picture of LENR

Not according to Greenyer -- the claimant at the time -- who said in March 2016:

"I will explain all and you will see why I am so certain."

If this all comes to naught over the next few months, as I expect it will, some time in the future, there will be another claim of definitive proof -- "this time for real" -- and then the present claim will be dismissed because it was incomplete, don't ya know...

• For all his acknowledged bias, and (believed by some here) poor judgement, Alan is at least rational. So that makes his anecdotal comments more relevant than Bob Greenyer's. And personally I have every confidence that he would not falsely deceive us.

I don't know who wrote the "LENR is real" claim above, but I suspect it wasn't Alan, given the caution he displays when he says only "something remarkable happened here". My post was directed at the confident declaration, not the cautious observation.

• The MFMP found that many strange radiation may be caused by some kind of high-energy particles phenomenon.

Lower density NaI and CsI scintillators are not suitable for detecting energetic particles.

Array detectors made of high-density LYSO or BGO scintillator detectors may find some clues.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.