MFMP:LFH - LION2 100% Replication well beyond LION1

• He has been working on this -on and off for years - he has a day job and I don't think he sees 8 weeks are being a disaster. And neither should anybody else. In the meantime LION has shared enough information during the course of six hours of fascinating face-to-face discussion to make independent replication possible.

Ok, good job ! Nice pictures..

Therefore, what's next ? What 's about COP ?

What says Grennyer ?

• Official Post

In the meantime LION has shared enough information during the course of six hours of fascinating face-to-face discussion to make independent replication possible.

That about sums it up.

COP of a system running with zero input power is infinire.

As for BobG, if you have questions, ask them yourself, I'm a friend, not his butler.

• Hi Alan,

I was just thinking.

The LION reactor is pre heated, the heating current is this DC or AC?

If it is DC you get a constant magnetic field, and maybe there deuterium could be RF frequency sensitive (larmor frequentie)

Maybe it is possible to replicate the experiment once with DC and once with AC, this to cancel out the effect of magnetic fields.

Ron

• Official Post

And it isswitched off and on all the time to control the temperature?

This switching does make a lot of RF pulses over a wide frequency range.

Not sure about RF. Certainly EM. The PID's run on a 2 second loop, so low frequency intermittent DC. BUT- when the excess heat appears, no more switching, and no more EM, the system is flying with no engines.

• You could see the off to on switching as a dirac pulse, and it contains all frequencies.

So basically it could activate deuterium in a constant magnetic field.

You can cancel this out by adding a few big capacitors for lower frequencies and a few smaller ones for higher frequencies over the heather coil.

Or use a good stabilized lab supply, and control the temperature by hand.

• Official Post

Or use agood stabilized lab supply, and control the temperature by hand.

We have the best available PSU's. Right now I am not looking to go beyond replication and characterisation, which means minimal changes to the LION set up. Once that is done, then tweaking will begin. For example, I am as interested in learning how to switch it off, as I am in learning how to switch it on.

• You can have a good 36V DC supply, but if you switch the current on and off every 2 seconds ( 2 second pid loop) you induce a lot of RF pulses (@ switch moment).

You can canceled them out by adding capacitors over the heater coil (capacitors do short the RF pulses and they don’t reach the heater coil).

If you can replicate LION, you should do the same replication with capacitors over the coil or just control the temperature by hand (adjustable lab power supply).

If you don’t see the reaction it must be RF pulses!!!

Do you have the PID controller manual/ brand?

Ron

• In the meantime LION has shared enough information during the course of six hours of fascinating face-to-face discussion to make independent replication possible.

Excellent news!

Did LION have any views on the enormous blob of stuff invading the alumina brick that Bob Greenyer uncovered the other day? I have been trying to reconcile the apparent volume of that blob with the amount of material in the region that could have melted down to form it. I am having trouble doing that. If LION had inserted some material in addition to the copper windings and silver foil in that region then that might explain it. Any hint of this sort of thing from LION?

• We are talking about this kit?

http://www.lookingforheat.com/…NR-MODEL-T-BUILD-BOOK.pdf

The heather current is a 15Khz PWM signal, and the mains of the power supply is switched off and on all the time (depends on the temperature).

You induce RF by the on and off switching @ 15Khz (PWM), and average current trough the heating element depends on the supply voltage and PWM setting.

The field also changes if the supply is turned off, supply will drop rapidly under 36V

We have magnetic field variations and RF noise reaching the reactor.

For a replication there are a lot of unknown factors :(

Ron

• Hi, Alan,

Did you soak the diamond discs in H2O and D2O as a contrast experiment? Maybe soaking in H2O will also have the same effect.

• He had no way of knowing it was there. So still a bit of a mystery. But remember that there is a quartz tube liner and outside of that a heating coil. So there is a physical barrier between fuel tube and the alumina. And precious little room to insert anything. More tests will tell I hope.

My working theory is that the blob is copper that has melted, flowed down onto the quartz liner, cracked it, and then invaded the alumina sponge. You can see evidence consistent with this in some of Bob's pictures. Makes me wonder what happens if you take a piece of copper and melt it while it is sitting on top of a piece of alumina sponge. Does it sink into the sponge and form a dark blob?

I have doubts about this theory though. There seems to be more blob than can be accounted for by melted copper. Hence my thoughts about some extra object in this region.

Sounds to me as though LION did not mention any extra added material in his generator and that your replication will not include any.

• Is it me or is there a lot of impatience and speculation at this point?

It seems plain as day to me that the first order of business is independent replication. Some people here have problems understanding what replication means. Myself - I was concerned that Alan deviated as far as not using the aluminium mess tin to cook the diamond pads.

Once replication is done THEN we can think about methods of improvement etc.

As excited as I am I can wait the amount of time that prepping this experiment will take.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.