The Lion, The Italian, and the Spheromak (EVO): LENR Stimulation From Outside and Within!

• Spheromaks are torodial plasmoids of electrons and usually some positive ions. They are known by many names including EVOs, charge clusters, electron clusters, compact toroids, spiral toroids, erzions, ectons, EVs, and Strange Radiation. Regardless what these tools are called, they are the primary (although perhaps not exclusive) stimulation method for all forms of LENR. Immediately upon contact with matter "white" (excited and less stable) EVOs explode; after traveling some distance through matter with little effect "black" or very "gray" (more stable and only weakly interactive with matter) finally destabilize and explode. Either way, their final supernova like flash sends out a multitude of different types of stimulation that have been claimed in LENR literature to induce nuclear reactions. Electrons, neutrons (fast and slow), high energy protons, high energy heavy ions, x-rays, gamma rays, and clusters of bound electrons that could induce muon-like fusion: EVOs are truly the shotgun approach to LENR! Although the magnitude of each of the above types of LENR stimulation may vary according to different factors, spheromaks always seem to mess around with the nuclear structure of matter. Isotopic shifts and transmutations are exceedingly common.

Andrea Rossi, if he originally knew it or not (his understanding likely evolved), always produced nuclear reactions using spheromaks. Virtually all LENR systems do! However, what's important to note is that depending on the specific design of his reactor, he was varying the ratio of where the EVOs originated. Some would come from within which means straight out of his fuel (interior with fracto-emission and the doped, reduced work function carbon surface). Others would come from outside the fuel such as from a high temperature perhaps thoriated tungsten heating element, streamers produced by the output of a high voltage Tesla Coil, the plasma produced by a Radio Frequency Generator, the plasma and rotating magnetic field generated by the harmonics of his high frequency three phase AC fed spiral resistors, and the production of high voltage sparks or electrical discharges. What's important to note is that there's almost always overlap to some degree: especially when you have a plasma producing atomic hydrogen that embrittles the nickel!

Kenneth R. Shoulders discovered that when a hydrogen embrittled metal (palladium, nickel, titanium, etc) is struck by an EVO, a cascade of fracto-emission can often take place if the impact is sufficiently vigorous. This fracto-emission process, from the separation of charges when the brittle lattice cracks or shatters, emits not only electrons but also smaller EVOs. A macro-scale example would be the ball lightning witnessed after major earthquakes, produced by rock splitting deep in the Earth! Or, you can crack a small boulder with a sledge hammer and witness small EVOs floating around. When Focardi and Piantelli were producing COPs of a maximum of around three by thermally cycling very carefully cleaned, etched, and hydrogenated nickel, they were depending upon this EVO production from within almost exclusively. But, obviously, with no source of atomic hydrogen to maximally embrittle their fuel (they did achieve some degree) and no external source of EVOs, their excess heat output was limited.

With a multitude of methods to produce atomic hydrogen (to embrittle his fuel) and external EVOs (to bombard and strike his fuel) Andrea Rossi was capable of producing a more powerful effect -- when some problem or another didn't produce inert or malfunctioning reactors. Or when he wasn't playing a game with someone. Or when he wasn't trying to stage a failure. But we need to look even more deeply at his systems. Because if you examine them carefully, you'll see he was also lowering the work function of his nickel particles and the carbon allotropes growing on their surface! As you probably know, carbonyl nickel powder contains significant carbon in the lattice left over from the manufacturing process. Me356's Ni 200 alloy wire does too! The official documentation of Ni 200 alloy wire claims that it can excrete graphite. I'm fairly confident the same process happens in various nickel powders as well. Moreover, I was told long ago by someone well experienced in LENR, that Rossi likely added methane or other hydrocarbons during fuel pre-treatment. Long story short, in a high temperature environment with atomic hydrogen around on a metal substrate, the carbon is preferentially transformed to diamond or diamond like compounds rather than graphite. Actually, the plasma continually damages the graphite and the process helps build the nano-tube, whisker, or diamond like structures. Again, there is a lot of overlap here: changes in the carbon source, plasma temperature, atomic hydrogen ratio, metal base, and seed material (specs of graphite or diamond already on the surface) all have a huge impact on the geometry of what's produced. Very often, though, sharp tipped emitters are formed! If they get doped with hydrogen or lithium from the plasma, their work function can drop even further -- in addition to the field increase due to their small tip size. The result is a highly efficient thermionic or even "field effect" emitter that can proceed to eject EVOs into the environment or nearby nickel particles.

Without adding diamonds, Andrea Rossi was likely enhancing the EVO emitting ability of his fuel via multiple mechanisms. But at some point, the fact probably dawned on him: instead of working so hard to optimize my fuel during runs, why not just go out and buy industrial diamonds! Actually, we know this is the case, because diamonds, graphene (which can also be used as a low work function substance, and a couple other materials were mentioned in the court documents. We don't know for sure if they were used in his active heat producing reactors, but they were at least used in the secondary container on the other side of the wall. He was placing diamonds and other catalysts along with fuel in sealed tubes and running the heat from the one megawatt plant (along sometimes with heat from external heating elements) over them. The goal, even though I don't think he ever sold anything, was to alter the fuel in some way to make an even more valuable substance -- perhaps a rare isotope.

The LION reactor is also using industrial diamonds, doped in a very simple and inefficient manner. Apparently, the reactor produces copious excess heat and even self sustaining reactions for long periods of time. Replications need to be performed to confirm this. However, due to the setup LION used, we know that all of his EVOs or spheromaks or strange radiation (all terms describing the same geometric form) was from within. There was nothing I'm aware of to produce EVOs externally and have them strike the discs.

In fact, in the LION reactor, the hydrogenation of the nickel apparently didn't matter much: the quick quench in deuterium probably yielded very little hydrogen absorption into the nickel. Also, fracto-emission and excess heat production doesn't seem to have taken place to a significant degree in the nickel, although we can't know for sure. The metal discs look almost perfect when taken out of the reactor! They don't look melted at all, even though the quartz tube around them was cracked and melted, which would take either 1700C or some sort of strange non-thermal matter manipulation effect. Apparently, the doping of the diamond is what matters in the LION reactor! In addition to what dopants are already present, the O and OH bonds on the surface of the diamond are sufficient to produce a Negative Electron Affinity so the heat can be converted thermionically to electrons and EVOs. These EVOs seem to be very "black" or weakly interactive with matter, and travel through the closest matter (the nickel backs of the pads) with little effect -- although I expect some track marks to be found. Then they travel farther away and eventually destabilize in the copper wire, silver foil, or quartz tube. The result seems to be massive excess heat. Analysis will probably reveal many other anomalies!

So you see, the fundamental stimulation mechanism, Kenneth R. Shoulders EVOs, is the same for the LION reactor and all of Andrea Rossi's systems. In fact, the mechanism was even at work in Sergio Focardi and Piantelli's systems that were thermally and pressure cycled. The only difference is that the doped diamond pads seem to be an absolutely stellar emitter of black (or very gray) EVOs. With only heat stimulation, they seem to be capable of producing enough strange radiation to keep a reactor self sustaining at extremely high temperatures. What's also neat is that the LION reactor works without having to general EVOs from out outside: no Radio Frequency Generators, electrical discharges, or Tesla Coils required!

I'd also like to say that I expect that this reaction would work almost equally as well using hydrogen instead of deuterium. The only difference for the same quantity of dopant in the diamond would be that the use of deuterium would allow for a slightly higher operating temperature. I suspect water vapor in the reactor might be continuously regenerating the diamond. If this is not happening, the solution would be to make sure the diamond has a greater level of dopant when using "light" water verses "heavy" water.

If further verified -- which will require video recordings and measurments taken from extended periods of self sustained operation -- this could represent a super-simple method of producing a massively powerful LENR effect. I'm very encouraged by this development, but I'm keeping my enthusiasm in check until I see a video of a glowing hot reactor in a Model T with the unit unplugged from mains power!

Most importantly, if we can use this technique to demonstrate high powered ASTOUNDED states of excess heat production, it will prove there are countless ways of generating (from within or from outside) EVOs to induce LENR reactions. There will literally be as many types of LENR reactors using EVOs as there are different types of wheeled vehicles: gasoline powered, ethanol powered, electric, hydrogen, natural gas, etc.

This truly is, if verified, Kenneth Shoulders EVO effect in action.

• The interesting thing to me is that all the action was outside the tube -in the Cu Wire wrapping. That suggests (perhaps) thermalised radiation since there is no way that the reactor could be coaxed over 1000C without modification-

Surely the most obvious thing this suggests is that the heat is coming from the copper wire. Has this possibility been eliminated somehow?

And speculation about how high the reactor temperature could be driven in the absence of LENR is still mere speculation until controls are run. Particularly so since I don't believe anyone has knowledge of the temperatures that LION claims were generated during this experiments.

I am impressed with LION's confidence and generosity in volunteering to send fresh reactors for tests by independent parties. It will be interesting to see what happens.

• Copper isn't very transparent to strange radiation or EVOs. Nikola Tesla who produced them in his magnetically quenched spark gaps discovered discovered that if he connected the top terminal of his "extra coil" to a copper sphere or conical emitter that blue dartlets would shoot out. He shortly thereafter switched to useing light metals such as aluminum or magnesium. With these metals the problem was reduced. But even then when the output was applied to "carbon button" lamps, holes would appear as mysterious entities borrowed through the glass bulb. The Russian groups that have produced strange radiation in various setups (producing the samectrack marks as recorded by Kenneth Shoulders) noticed than the particles travel easiky through light, non magnetic materials like plastic or aluminum but get caught in heavier elements.

There is a lot we don't know and countless experiments to perform. The good news is we may have a super simple method, no high voltage discharges required, to produce thick clouds of strange radiation that can be studied by practically anyone with a small lab. But what truly tugs at my soul is that we may be close to unveiling and rediscovering a phenomenon that goes back to before the age of Tesla. Or, depending on your view of human history, even further.

A friend of mine used to repeatedly lecture me saying, "the best way to advance technology is to look at nature and mimick the examples that already exists." EVOs or more precisely the geometry of the compact toroid or spheromak is ubiquitous, borrowing a term from Kenneth Shoulders. Repeating and fundamental self-organizing structures, producing order from chaos, they are about to provide us an amazing tool that could allow humanity to acend to the stars.

Modulating the fabric of space for innertialless propulsion, re-arranging matter like letters on a Scrabble board, tapping vast stores of aetheric energy, and revealing more about the nature of our physical and spiritual existence, they offer limitless potential: if we are willing to take them.

• If the powers that be wouldn't have conspired to squash or suppress almost EVERY SINGLE INVENTOR that had developed EVO based technologies, there would be no petty debates on internet forums about this phenomenon. Nikola Tesla, T.H. Moray, E.V. Gray, Stanley Meyers, Pons and Fleischmann, and a string of others: they were all developing technologies that utilized EVOs. Instead of their techs being honestly investigated, they were attacked in countless ways, ruined financially, mocked ruthlessly, and sometimes assaulted physically. A wasted century was the result: a hundred years passing with the biggest breakthrough being computer technology enabling online hecklers to belittle anyone with ideas contrary to the established paradigm from a world away.

This is about to change. The exotic poperties of doped diamond with Negative Electron Affinity and ultra low work function is about to open up this basic effect to every high school lab and garage workshop. If the results of LION can replicated, which I'm fairly confident they can be after months of study on this topic, then no one can ever hold back progress ever again!

The world may be about to change.

• There's nothing wrong with holding ideas 'contrary to the established paradigm'.

But let's face it, another outcome of this 'wasted century' of computer technology is that any nutter allowed access to a keyboard can, and in most cases does, have an audience for their crazed ideas.

So the real question becomes: How does the average reader discern which writers are possibly insane? My basic strategies are:

...Does the person offer a cohesive argument, or are they just linking unrelated phenomena together in a bid to create an overarching schizophrenic-like narrative.

...Does the person demonstrate technical or experimental skills that suggest a certain level of scientific aptitude, or are they just recycling what they read on PESN, some UFO website, InfoWars etc.

...Is their take on the scientific method merely that of a maverick, or do they actively seek to undermine it, for example with the quotation I linked to above. Repeated here in full, to demonstrate the kind of mental gymnastics required to support your position as being somewhat reasonable:

Although to state certainty without running multiple tests isn't ideal :thumbup:, it sure looks like we now understand the keys to ultra-high powered, spheromak stimulated LENR :thumbdown:.

...Does a person seem to display the Koreshian/Manson-esqe 'qualities' of trying to draw others in to their ways of thinking. Do they appear to want to position themselves as some kind of leader. Perhaps in the hope people will look up to them as their oracle.

...And finally, do they have a love of unique acronyms, much like the actor - and famed helmet-less motorcycle accident victim - Gary Busey.

Essentially you are setting off my personal bullshit meter at the highest levels. Whilst I was grateful for the brief distraction of learning about spheromaks, I think the rest of your theories are unproven and highly spectulative. At best.

And I think that deep down, you understand this. So why are you so sure they are true? And why offer definitive statements about the supposed veracity, that only have the effect of turning people away, on the entirely reasonable grounds of "watch out, just another crank with a loose grip on reality"...

Anyway, some bold ideas contained above, all because you basically appear to have little personal doubt about your own theories. Maybe just a dose of humility is in order... Perhaps for both of us... Or not.

• Wow. I've never seen someone work so hard to disguise and camoflauge a blatant series of sly insults with skillful wordmanship.

I'm not going to be drawn into a debate that would derail this thread, but I must make one thing clear. I don't want to be a leader, controller, or director. My username was chosen for the lack of anything better. I'm only here because others decided to graciously share info with me that put together the pieces of the the LENR and free energy puzzle in a way that I've never experienced. And when I feel that I have info other people need to make progress, I feel a desire to share - everything! NO HOLDING BACK. Not to be seen as a leader or guru, but in the hope people WITH FAR MORE TECH EXPERIENCE AND RESOURCES can study the material themselves, run with the information, build their own systems, and tower over me like giants as I slip info the shadows. They can take the credit, give it away, or have someone steal it from them. I just want to see disclosure of a number of topics, and the information utilized by our civilization.

• There is no need for faith in science but without the science there is no faith. The endless circle of doubt starts with how one uses thier free will before the science gets it's chance.

• Celani, ICCF18 paper:

"In addition to Ahern, Thomas Prevenslik also recently noted the

extraordinary thermodynamic properties of nanometer-sized

objects. Prevenslik supports the possibility of nanoscopic particles

to behave as frequency multipliers able to generate high-energy

photons from a much larger number of photons of lower energy."

nanodiamonds may act as an effective "Prevenslik catalyzer"

http://www.nanoqed.org/2012.php

• Surely the most obvious thing this suggests is that the heat is coming from the copper wire. Has this possibility been eliminated somehow?

And speculation about how high the reactor temperature could be driven in the absence of LENR is still mere speculation until controls are run. Particularly so since I don't believe anyone has knowledge of the temperatures that LION claims were generated during this experiments.

I am impressed with LION's confidence and generosity in volunteering to send fresh reactors for tests by independent parties. It will be interesting to see what happens.

The configuration that Looking For Heat supplies has the ability to use a dummy control reactor. I beleive that LION used that provision and did used a control dummy reactor. The two reactors may even use the same heater circuit, Ask Alan about the details of his testing protocol.

• Wow. I've never seen someone work so hard to disguise and camoflauge a blatant series of sly insults with skillful wordmanship.

I guess you've not been here that long...

Ultimately not all of my camouflaged constructive criticisms were aimed at you... I have little doubt about your technical aptitude, and the ufo gun-cam footge shouldn't be dismissed. I'm just naturally wary of people who claim to have all the answers. You post some interesting links, and have formed on the surface a semi-reasonable argument, I think, but I don't think it's helpful, on several levels, to give the appearance of being what I mock above.

• The configuration that Looking For Heat supplies has the ability to use a dummy control reactor. I beleive that LION used that provision and did used a control dummy reactor. The two reactors may even use the same heater circuit, Ask Alan about the details of his testing protocol.

Could be. My main point right now is that conclusions are being drawn without reference to the state of control reactors.

• Could be. My main point right now is that conclusions are being drawn without reference to the state of control reactors.

The conclusions that are under evaluation are based on the details of transmutation and surface morphology. There is unidentified processes on the surface of the reactor residu that seems to confuse the SEM logic in its determination of what elements are being produced from the original elemental configurations. This has never been seen before in SEM operations. There is also unusual light behavior related to rainbow like light refraction similar to the bubble or peacock feather effect that is hard to understand, There is also hard to understand distribution of transmutation products in micro dot format that is very interesting.

There seems to be a spray of particles coming out of the nova fuel...maybe electrons... that were visualized...very strange.

d6d2bdfd1fdb0d98c7cb56b73696c7a3aca004349b88c2ad08155f43a1ecdf40.gif

• The conclusions that are under evaluation are based on the details of transmutation and surface morphology. There is unidentified processes on the surface of the reactor residu that seems to confuse the SEM logic in its determination of what elements are being produced from the original elemental configurations. This has never been seen before in SEM operations. There is also unusual light behavior related to rainbow like light refraction similar to the bubble or peacock feather effect that is hard to understand, There is also hard to understand distribution of transmutation products in micro dot format that is very interesting.

None of these phenomena have been looked for in comparably treated control reactors. What if all these phenomena are found in the controls? Would that change your interpretation of the data Bob Greenyer has been presenting?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.