Polaritons change the nature of light.

• https://phys.org/news/2018-02-…state-enable-quantum.html

Science has discovered that polaritons act to entangle particles and they stay entangled after the polaritons get through with them. This entanglement includes light composed of photons that gain mass and stay together. This new type of light travels at very low speeds: 3 kilometers a second. Its may be possible in the future to get many photons to form a light crystals. Maybe polaritons can do the same quantum transformations with quarks and gluons. I wonder what will happen then.

• See

https://www.quantumdiaries.org…ality-mass-and-the-higgs/

Polaritons can manipulate the chirality of particles. This ability is central to the production of the LENR effect which is based on chirality mismatch inside the nucleon. As I said above..."Maybe polaritons can do the same quantum transformations with quarks and gluons. I wonder what will happen then.'"

By the way, if additional mass is added to quarks, they change into other types of quarks.

• axil

Thank you!
    You have choosen the right knowledge level of explanation :) An analogy to "spinning/moving "balls". No complex formula.

(I failed my grade in Differential Math and later, of course, in Infinitesimal Math :(

So, photons can join together, although, "normally" they don't care about the photon neighborhood...

It's caused by the Higgs field, the chirality and the "strangeness" of the weak force, having this charged and non-charged "preferences"-character.
    The weak force is still a mystery for me, because the W and Z bosons have huge mass. (Eich)-Bosons should not have mass.
    But nobody listens too me :)

I'm aware of the fact, that at the atomic and subatomic level, there is interference/superposition/probability of waves and other "nasty" things, the math behind that, is far beyond my abilities.

Another question, regarding quarks:

Do you have an explanation/link for this one:

Up and down quarks form protons and neutrons, held together by gluon bosons.

Nature provide/particle accelerators provide more than this two kind of quarks.

Where are the other 4 kind of quarks "used" for?

Again, thanks in advance.

• Do you have a clue/explaination/theory how these massless photons can gain mass? Interaction with the Higgs field?

To acquire gravitational mass the particle "charge/mass density funtion" must make at least two rotations. Whether two photons can be combined that way is an interesting /unsolved question.

• Wyttenbach

What do you think about the Higgs field and it's relation to gravity?

Assumptions:

- Mass/energy do bend spacetime.

- Bending spacetime causes the effect of gravity

- Mass (of particles) is an effect of interacting with the Higgs field/giving subatomic particles mass

When there is a possibility to "manipulate" the Higgs field, e.g. "shielding matter from the Higgs field", what will that do to a proton?

Will the proton loose it's "you-can-not-move-with-speed-of-light-because-you-have-mass"- bounding and will start moving WITH the speed of light instead? (Protons are made of up/down quarks (with mass) and gluons (bosons without mass)

Take/challange this questionary like a child asking why, why and why all the time you make an answer... don't get me wrong :)

• The strange quark was required to explain why some sub atomic particles decay took longer than predicted... the muon and the kaon.

The beauty quark was needed to pair with the strange quark.

The top and bottom quark was needed to make the math work.

• The strange quark was required to explain why some sub atomic particles decay took longer than predicted... the muon and the kaon.

The beauty quark was needed to pair with the strange quark.

The top and bottom quark was needed to make the math work.

"The top and bottom quark was needed to make the math work."

Thats's an intelligent answer!

Feynman would be proud of you!

Thanks!

• "The top and bottom quark was needed to make the math work."

Thats's an intelligent answer!

Feynman would be proud of you!

Thanks!

The particle physicists are looking for more quarks. The super symmetry theory needs the number of quarks to double. This may happen at very high energies, but it does not look good for super symmetry.

• What do you think about the Higgs field and it's relation to gravity?

Assumptions:

- Mass/energy do bend spacetime.

- Bending spacetime causes the effect of gravity

In dense space (nucleus) there is no such thing as (a free parameter) time. All dimension are homogenous. At least until now the math looks that way.

From a logical point of view it is absurd to think that gravity (an extereemly weak force) should be able to curve the space, where nuclear mass stays in...

Thus any standard model theory based on space-time is a kind of fringe science if it is used at nuclear level.

Further on the mathematical space for dense space is SO(4). This is a group most physicists are not used to. Until now the fit with experimental data is excellent, the modell is tricky and fairly new stuff... Just wait...

• I have an off topic thought (question?) for anyone one this forum better versed in gravity maths. A black hole results from the collapse of a star to the point that the concentration of matter creates a gravitational field so strong that "light cannot escape."

Consider this thought experiment. As an object is accelerated closer and closer to the speed of light, its mass (rest mass + energy mass) increases. At some point then, quite close to, but still below, the speed of light would it not also become a "black hole?" If this is "possible" it would also be inevitable. What effect would this have on the object inside (space traveller)? Could this induce tunneling? If an em-drive propulsion device was used to accelerate to this threshold, could it not reverse thrust and thus stop being a black hole? Thanks for your thoughts, and apologies to the moderators for this abuse of the blog.

• Official Post

As an object is accelerated closer and closer to the speed of light, its mass (rest mass + energy mass) increases. At some point then, quite close to, but still below, the speed of light would it not also become a "black hole?" If this is "possible" it would also be inevitable.

No so. This is a 'frames of reference' problem. The people inside such a vessel would not sense any increase in mass for example, nor would it possess an event horizon beyond which no light could escape from it. So not a black hole as we understand them to be.

• Regards and thanks for the thoughts. I am interested in the external POV, not internal. Obviously the spaceman would notice no change re. Einstein. Regardless of how "flat" it would be a non zero thickness at Black Hole advent. From an OUTSIDE observer, the object, at some point would have sufficient mass to result in Black Hole gravity. This is NOT an easy problem. To an "inside" observer, you never arrive at the event threshold in a conventional Black Hole either - time slows to a standstill and you never quite make it. In the high velocity "Black Hole" to an external observer, BEFORE the speed of light is reached, the object becomes a black hole, does it not?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.