• Somehow missed this till now.

From July 2021

Phillip J. Smith, Robert C. Hendricks, and Bruce M. Steinetz

Glenn Research Center, Cleveland, Ohio

Title

"Electrolytic Co-deposition

Neutron Production Evaluation"

NASA/TM-20210010199

Electrolytic Co-deposition Neutron Production Evaluation - NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS)

Acknowledgments

The authors gratefully acknowledge the assistance of many people that supported this effort. For codeposition protocol and methodology consultation: Mr. Lawrence Forsley and Dr. Pamela Mosier-Boss; technical support during testing: Mr. Kevin Prokopius; and statistical support and consultation: Dr. Christopher Daniels. We are also grateful for

Dr. Vadim Lvovich (NASA Glenn) for valuable comments on the manuscript; Ms. Laura Becker’s patient editorial attention, and Ms. Lorie Passe’s careful manuscript preparation. Funding for this work was provided by NASA Headquarters Planetary Sciences Division, Science Mission Directorate.

References

1. Fralick, Gustave C.; Decker, Arthur J.; and Blue, James W.: Results of an Attempt To Measure

Increased Rates of the Reaction

2D + 2D → 3He + n in a Nonelectrochemical Cold Fusion Experiment. NASA TM–102430, 1989. http://ntrs.nasa.gov/

2. Iwamura, Yasuhiro, et al.: Detection of Anomalous Elements, X-Ray, and Excess Heat in a D2-Pd

System and Its Interpretation by the Electron-Induced Nuclear Reaction Model. Fusion Technology,

vol. 33, 1998, pp. 476–492.

3. Iwamura, Yasuhiro; Sakano, Mitsuru; and Itoh, Takehiko: Elemental Analysis of Pd Complexes: Effects of D2 Gas Permeation. Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., vol. 41, 2002, pp. 4642–4650.

4. Liu, B. et al.: “Excess Heat” Induced by Deuterium Flux in Palladium Film. Condens. Matter Nucl. Sci., 2006, pp. 75–79.

5. Biberian, J.P.; and Armanet, N.: Excess Heat During Diffusion of Deuterium Through Palladium.

Presented at the 13th International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science, Sochi, Russia,

6. Li, X., et al.: Progress in Gas-Loading D/Pd System—The Feasibility of a Self-Sustaining Heat

Generator. Presented at the 10th International Conference on Cold Fusion, Cambridge, MA, 2003.

• Infinite Energy Magazine

Big thanks to all.

"Reflections on ICCF23: Lattice Confinement Fusion and Electron Screening" Lawrence Forsley

Issue 157 Table of Contents

This is the basis of our Trackers STEM Program™ supported by the Anthropocene Institute and

Global Energy Corporation.

IE: What is Trackers?

LF: The Trackers Program teaches undergraduate students

and faculty about LENR, or LCF, through co-deposition experiments that can be performed in a semester.

Perhaps this paper is related?

Is Target Technology working with NASA GEC and the Anthropocene Institute? Ahlfors posted it in 2017.

Definitely relevant.

Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms

Strong screening by lattice confinement and resultant fusion reaction rates in fcc metals

Strong screening by lattice confinement and resultant fusion reaction rates in fcc metals
    The effects of electronic screening on the cross sections and reactivities for the nuclear reactions between light nuclei in Pd and Ni is studied. We …
    www.sciencedirect.com

F.M.Prados-Estévez

A.V.Subashiev

H.H.Nee

Target Technology Company LLC, 564 Wald, Irvine, CA 92618, USA

Received 30 March 2017, Revised 19 May 2017, Accepted 21 May 2017, Available online 6 June 2017.

Abstract

The effects of electronic screening on the cross sections and reactivities for the nuclear reactions between light nuclei in Pd and Ni is studied. We consider the applicability of the theory of thermonuclear burning in stars to the D-D nuclear reaction in metals. The screening model based on the mean field potential of the electron cloud in the metal plasma is used. We discuss the specifics of the screening for the H (D) atoms embedded in vacancies and divacancies. High concentration of hydrogen isotopes segregated to monovacancies and divacancies in face-centered cubic (fcc) metals such as Ni and Pd with densities of

∼6×1023atom/cm3, makes the hydrogen cluster a favorable active site for the fusion reaction. Still the observation of a nuclear reaction requires an accumulation of energy in D nuclei of at least several eV, which is far above what can be achieved in the thermal heating experiments.

• United States Government LENR Energy 2018" Reviewing twenty five years of U.S. funded ‘cold fusion’ projects including patents, contracts, publications and public/private sector partnership efforts towards LENR energy applied engineering and LENR energy commercialization. https://gbgoble.kinja.com/unit…18-a-review-of-1822335542

“I began to compile this review in the fall of 2017. The reason being, I had asked a few editors of LENR news sites what they thought of the claims being made by Global Energy Corporation. Each editor asked me to provide any recent follow up to those claims. None that I could find; so I decided to compile this review as a frame of reference for the question: What are your opinions of these claims?” - Greg Goble

I would like to hear the opinions of LENR Forum members. I find it odd that there is little to no discussion at LENR sites about GEC or their claims. If Rossi, Brillouin, the MFMP, or Randy Mills, were making similar claims, it would be discussed, scrutinized, and become the focus of our attention.

Please keep comments on topic... Are these claims truthful or a scam?

• Rossi, Brillouin, the MFMP, or BLP (Randolph Mills) all believe they are sincerely on the right track. The Global Energy Company will be exonerated soon at the next International Conference on Cold Fusion since it is being held (where all things made of silicon including nano-engineering with state-of the art digital nano-engineering) i.e. The Notorious Silicon Valley Hive of Entrepreneurs! Their Queen Bees are the unusual combinations of entrepreneurial representatives like Larry Page, Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos who all have interests in promoting the invention of new energy resources. So I look forward to the meeting - the future is in their hands!

• Exploring patent space history once again and came across an old one by Pamela A. Boss, of GEC.

In rereading it I got to wondering if this device would aid and quicken an Edisodian Cold Fusion exploration of various combinations of metamaterials in cathodes or anodes.

On another note. Lately I've been exploring recent advances in nano sensors and nano emitters... Quantum dots and whatnot, as they may help aid in control and increased output from solid state and wet cell reactors. Particularly curious of the role Terra Hertz nano tech might play.

Anyways, I wonder if Pam or Larry have used this patented device for early Cold Fusion research.

Interestingly

This lab tool has not two, but three electrodes, the third being a,

"reference electrode extending through the cell body". Does this third electrode act as a passive or active sensor in some way?

Great for an Edisodian Approach

It does not rely on glue making it robust and reusable. Rather it relies on a NASA engineered,

"O-ring interposed between the cell body and window provides a leak-tight seal, obviating the need for epoxy cement or other sealing compounds so that the cell may be easily disassembled".

Best for Last

I think the idea of putting the whole Cold Fusion cell, being so small, inside the spectrometer, is brilliant.

"cell body may be to made of chemically resistant material and be small enough to fit inside the sample chamber of a spectrometer".

What a real time data stream to dream of. I'm a layman so I'm not certain if this is good for it or not.

The Patent

Thin-layer spectroelectrochemical cell

US US6015479A Pamela A. Boss The United States Of America As Represented By The Secretary Of The Navy

Priority 1997-07-25

• Filed 1997-07-25

• Granted 2000-01-18

• Published 2000-01-18

Abstract

An electrochemical cell comprises a cell body having a sample chamber, a working electrode fitted through the cell body and extending into the sample chamber; a counter electrode extending through the cell body into the sample chamber; a reference electrode extending through the cell body into the sample chamber; a window which fits over the cell body; and a cap threaded to the cell body for sealing the window against the cell body. An O-ring fitted between window and the cell body provide a leak proof seal. The cell body may be to made of chemically resistant material and be small enough to fit inside the sample chamber of a spectrometer. An O-ring interposed between the cell body and window provides a leak-tight seal, obviating the need for epoxy cement or other sealing compounds so that the cell may be easily disassembled. The cell may be used to monitor electrochemical reactions of moisture and oxygen sensitive materials, as well as electrochemical reactions of corrosive materials.

Further Reading

ACS Publication

"Versatile, Low-Volume, Thin-Layer Cell for in Situ Spectroelectrochemistry"

Pamela A. Mosier-Boss, Ricardo Newbery, Stanislaw Szpak, Stephen H. Lieberman, and John W. Rovang

Cite this: Anal. Chem. 1996, 68, 18, 3277–3282

Publication Date:

September 15, 1996

https://doi.org/10.1021/ac960084n

Copyright © 1996 American Chemical Society

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.