US Navy (SPAWAR)/Global Energy Corporation/LENR

• Official Post

Ahlfors,

How did you get this? Whatever, it is a blockbuster. Great job.

In summary; NASA and Global Energy Corp. became partners on 12/20/2017 to develop a 10kW thermal power plant (then scaled to 100kWs), using GEC;s hybrid generator.

Phase 1 testing should be completed by 12/30/2018. Phase 2 by 12/30/2019 and 3 by 12/30/2020. The built products will be run at the "Plum Brook Facility".

Dr. Jay Khim signed for GEC. As you may recall, he is also CEO of JWK, and negotiated the Genie Reactor deal with the Governor of Guam.

• I just can't resist...

Has this guy talked to Larry or Pam?

Offices just down the hall...

I certainly imagine so.

Policy Interests of U.S. Government Agencies in Emerging Energy Technologies - Review for Potential Cold Fusion Contributions - White Paper

THOMAS GRIMSHAW, PH.D. RESEARCH AFFILIATE, ENERGY INSTITUTE - THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN - JANUARY 6, 2017

(gbgoblenote- As in Lawrence Forsley-Boss and the SPAWAR JWK Global Energy Corporation Cold Fusion LENR Energy Technology coming out of the NASA GRC AEC contract...

Stay tuned to the NAE of LENR!!!

In an Eco-System participants give and receive.

There isn't simply competition for limited resources...

Yet rather consider a give and take...

Daring to share...

Infinite energy

Infinite time

Resources

E=McX Whatever... So called Scalar.

Beyond the...

Imaginably beyond.

Imagine that!

An atom-ecology.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/GrimshawTpolicyinte.pdf

• Official Post

Greg,

That Grimshaw/UOT White Paper you link to, is intended to be the "underpinning" for another report we do not see, that covers LENR. All this one does is identify the many, many, overlapping, Federal agencies, and Congressional Committees that have a role in energy, that would be interested in the LENR report.

Do we know where that report is, or even if it has ever been released? They refer to Nagel as the author, and I know he has written a number of summations about the ICCF's, so maybe they are referring to one of those?

• Official Post

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This audio of Larry Forsley's ICCF21 presentation is courtesy of CFN. It supports everything speculated on in this thread. JWK/GEC/NASA started working together in 2012. Hard to make out, but they are also working with some new Navy department I never heard of. The whole 26 minute tape (skip minutes 20:24 to 23 due his playing some MFMP tape), is worthy of hearing. Starting at about 12:40, you need a nuclear physics degree to follow. The LENR connection starts at 6:00. Lots of goodies in there.

What I hear is that this is a real partnership, not just GEC using NASA facilities as some here claimed. The technology is real, and LENR based. Hard to listen to and walk away thinking LENR is a pseudoscience.

• How are the projections for GEC today, compared to proven accomplishments, different from those of 2013 described at the link?

https://oilprice.com/Alternati…ing-the-Final-Stages.html

Gregory Byron Goble wrote in the comments 5 years ago:

• Official Post

How are the projections for GEC today, compared to proven accomplishments, different from those of 2013 described at the link?

https://oilprice.com/Alternati…ing-the-Final-Stages.html

Gregory Byron Goble wrote in the comments 5 years ago:

SOT,

I know you and your alter ego Mary do not like to read links, but you really should listen to the Forsley (GEC/JWK) presentation. It tells much of what they are doing, and it is not just talk. They are physically working with NASA and some Navy group to develop a 10kW electrical, non-fissile, generator, and a 40kW planetary power source.

That 5 y/o link BTW, is all true. It actually happened. Those involved back then with Guam, are now involved with NASA. Has their tech advanced since 2012? I am not sure, but I think it has.

Strictly IMO, but this is what I think happened: The Guam deal fell through in part because the "N" word came into play. OMG, they want to put an n reactor on our island nation. :) I think GEC decided at that point, that there was no way to offer their technology in the private sector without encountering impossible resistance.

However, NASA can, and does work with nuclear technology without much public perception interference. Knowing that, GEC decided to "propose to NASA" (actual words) as Forsley said, knowing if they approved (they did) he could continue he and Mosier-Boss's (SPAWAR) work under their umbrella. In addition, NASA had their own scientists involved, and successful with LENR, since 1989, so all the better. A match made in heaven!

Now, together they can develop GEC's hybrid LENR technology within the space exploration program. When/if it is put to practical use, over time the public will grow to trust it, and then it will be more readily accepted for use here on planet earth.

• Now, together they can develop GEC's hybrid LENR technology within the space exploration program. When/if it is put to practical use, over time the public will grow to trust it, and then it will be more readily accepted for use here on planet earth.

Wow! A LENR technology tested in space by NASA.

More trustable than Doral's costumer, much more impenetrable than its black wall!

No doubt, this time, planet earth will believe it. :)

• Official Post

Wow! A LENR technology tested in space by NASA.

More trustable than Doral's costumer, much more impenetrable than its black wall!

No doubt, this time, planet earth will believe it. :)

Ascoli,

While NASA is more transparent than Doral's painted black walls, we will still need Ahlfor's special talents to keep us up on developments.

Good to see you taking this stuff seriously. ;)

• Good to see you taking this stuff seriously.

All stuff related to energy sources has to be taken very seriously. But I fear that in this specific case we use *seriously* in two different meanings. My emoticon was more an /end sarc/ label. Sorry.

Reading that "NASA had their own scientists involved, and successful with LENR, since 1989", make me conclude that they are really *transparent*: nobody saw their successes. :)

If, on the contrary, we are talking about convincing people on planet earth that LENRs are real, well, that's another story. Maybe a very hybridized LENR device, installed on a NASA space probe and supervised by remote telemetry, might do the job that was expected from the Ecat:

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-…2&cpage=7#comment-1123554

• Shane D.

How about we bet $10,000 at even odds (or maybe more if you prefer) that GEC and associates will not have a hybrid fusion/fission (or whatever fusion device it is they claim) reactor running demonstrably and provably within 2 years or 3 or even 5 years if you prefer? Or ever is more likely. If you agree, maybe woodworker will help us create a short contract and some sort of escrow account to hold the funds in an interest-bearing and insured manner and might be willing to serve as referee for me along with someone of your choosing if he isn't enough. If you agree, I will give you personal contact information.

Requirement for you to win would be publicly announced results of positive test results from a major government lab like Sandia or ORNL in the US or CERN in Europe. Alternatively, marketing under UL certification of some sort of generator would qualify. Alternatively, installation of a device which can be verified to work, which provides power, mainly from fusion, to a community, building, project or space craft.

Most LENR people who believe these guys (GEC) believed them just as much 5 years ago when they said some sort of demo or prototype would be available "soon." LOL. At that time, they also gave lots of attention to at least a dozen other companies which have since become quiet or failed altogether. See my previous link for details on those.

• Official Post

How about we bet $10,000 at even odds (or maybe more if you prefer) that GEC and associates will not have a hybrid fusion/fission (or whatever fusion device it is they claim) reactor running demonstrably and provably within 2 years or 3 or even 5 years if you prefer? Or ever is more likely. If you agree, maybe woodworkerwill help us create a short contract and some sort of escrow account to hold the funds in an interest-bearing and insured manner and might be willing to serve as referee for me along with someone of your choosing if he isn't enough. If you agree, I will give you personal contact information.

Back to the bets I see!! LOLs. How many times over the years have you asked me to do that, and I had to tell you the same thing over and over...I do not bet? Maybe Adrian will take you up on your offer though.

Betting aside, I do see this as a serious topic worthy of serious consideration. We have GEC, an affiliate of the well connected, and established commercial enterprise JWK, partnering with NASA to develop an LENR based technology. Even a skeptic should appreciate the significance of that, and respond with something other than "ante up".

• Shane D.

We have GEC, an affiliate of the well connected, and established commercial enterprise JWK, partnering with NASA to develop an LENR based technology. Even a skeptic should appreciate the significance of that, and respond with something other than "ante up

Your main argument for this project is appeal to authority? Partnering with NASA? Sort of like Rossi partnered up with National Instruments? There is little or no significance to NASA's part as long as they are not doing major parts of the work and spending a lot of their own money. And even then, NASA is not immune to boondoggle projects. If NASA said officially that they had tested a prototype hybrid "Genie" reactor and it worked, then that would mean something. The current state of affairs with NASA's involvement, IMO means little.

Do you have a link for JWK? It doesn't Google easily on a brief look. Private research companies will usually accept money for evaluating projects and concept, whether or not they think the work has a good chance of success. Maybe that is what is happening there. So again, little significance can be found in participation by NASA and JWK if it is not their money in a major way.

What is significant is that old hallmark of scams or bad project designs. The "goal" is some sort of space generator, or a large facility in Guam. In classic old free energy scams, it was a car, a plane or even a boat, powered by the magical source of energy. A real project will aim to demonstrate that the technology is real and works. This is first done with laboratory prototypes. If that is accomplished, applications naturally follow. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude that if you can show robust LENR energy production or a working hybrid reactor in the lab, it will have countless numbers of applications.

The other hallmark of questionable proposals is constant delays, usually unexplained and unjustified by the principals involved. The proof is always forthcoming s00n. How long are you willing to wait for this one?

As far as betting, it would be refreshing if those who write as if they are so certain, would back up their certainty. Otherwise, you may wish to qualify your statements a bit with such modifiers as maybe, perhaps, "if everything works as expected" and so on. One would think your boundless optimism, Shane, would have been dampened at least a little by the Rossi story along with all the delayed or failed attempts to provide useful power from LENR in the past ten years. Many of those claimants were absolutely certain that their work would bear fruit ... s00n. If you're so certain, it is odd that you won't try to monetize the certainty with a real wager.

• Ascoli65

Maybe a very hybridized LENR device, installed on a NASA space probe and supervised by remote telemetry, might do the job that was expected from the Ecat:

Has anyone ever built any sort of hybridized fission-fusion power source? The only one I know of is the thermonuclear bomb.

• Official Post

Do you have a link for JWK? It doesn't Google easily on a brief look.

http://www.jwkcorp.com/

SOT,

What do you consider a "brief look" anyway? That took me all of 5 seconds to find! :) Actually I am glad you made me look up JWK's website. Have not seen it in several months, and looks to me like they added something new:

"Alternative Energy Technology: JWK has developed a new and safe nuclear energy source. This new nuclear energy source has the potential to replace all existing energy requirements including electric power generation, transportation needs, and cleaning nuclear waste."

Something similar has always been on GEC's site, and they (JWK/GEC) are basically one and the same. Good sign the parent company is confident enough now to tout the technology. BTW, that describes their Genie Hybrid Reactor. Judging by their customer base also, maybe you are right...just a bunch of no-bodies, and I am wasting my time "appealing to their authority":

"Our customers, which include the Department of Defense, numerous U.S. government agencies, and various commercial and foreign enterprises, have come to realize that JWK stands for high quality, affordable technical expertise."

Your post is loaded with your well honed, stock replies, developed during your 7 year skeptic campaign. It may have taken you 20 minutes to write. In that same amount of time, you could have actually listened to the Forsley/GEC audio, and learned something new.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.