My experiment found strange radiation

• This is my last year's experiment. After taking the fuel powder out of the reactor and putting it in a plastic bottle, it stood for 180 days and found a strange phenomenon. The wall of the container that holds the fuel powder seems to be corroded. This may be the strange radiation that MFMP discovered.

Here are some photos:

• This is my last year's experiment. After taking the fuel powder out of the reactor and putting it in a plastic bottle, it stood for 180 days and found a strange phenomenon. The wall of the container that holds the fuel powder seems to be corroded. This may be the strange radiation that MFMP discovered.

I would expect radiation to travel in all directions from the source. Is there any evidence of that here?

And is the empty bottle a control? Does it simply illustrate for us the starting condition of the bottles you are using or did it sit for 180 days in the same location as the fuel-filled bottle? If this is a radiation effect then I would expect that bottles stored right beside the fuel-filled bottle would show damage and that bottles stored farther away would show less. Of course you might see the same pattern of damage from he sort of a bacterial infection that H-G Branzwell suggests.

• I would expect radiation to travel in all directions from the source. Is there any evidence of that here?

And is the empty bottle a control? Does it simply illustrate for us the starting condition of the bottles you are using or did it sit for 180 days in the same location as the fuel-filled bottle? If this is a radiation effect then I would expect that bottles stored right beside the fuel-filled bottle would show damage and that bottles stored farther away would show less. Of course you might see the same pattern of damage from he sort of a bacterial infection that H-G Branzwell suggests.

I have a lot of plastic bottles containing nickel powder of the same material, never happened. (Even if some plastic bottles contain metallic potassium, they will not corrode)

Only the fuel used in the reactor is placed in plastic bottles and eroded.

After the fuel is full, it is filled with argon. Without oxygen, it is unclear whether it is normal to eat "plastic" bacteria.

Disclaimer: As for the reason, I am not sure. Maybe, as you said, this is because of bacteria. I just guessed that there may be strange radiation.

• Radiation effects should be in all directions. Up, down, sideways. Any signs of this?

IMHO, strange radiation is produces by ultra dense hydrogen as it moves in a superfluidic manor over/on a surface. As a super-fluid, it will adhere to a surface no matter what the orientation of that surface may be...top, bottom, sides. The UDH will eat away at the surface that is it moving over. It has been seen to hop in a rabbit track fashion. This motion is produced by a monopole magnetic charge. The double dot track is produced by a dipole magnetic dipole charge.

The fuel produced by ME356 reactor and the ECCO reactor has shown that UDH exits the fuel, and falls to the surface of the carbon SEM substrate where it begins a transmutation process of carbon to metal.

?thumbnail=1

• Here is a suggested experiment to show that the LENR active reactant is superfluidic.

Configure two plastic bottles in an hourglass configuration where the connection between the two tubes is provided by a metal or glass tube. Place LENR fuel (diadisks) in the bottom chamber. Let the fuel sit in the bottom chamber for at least a month, If the UDH is a super fluid, it will leave the fuel and travel up the tube to the upper chamber where it will eat away at the surfaces of the plastic bottle at the top of the chamber.

The size of the UDH can be determine by filling the connecting tube with filter material of various porosity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrafiltration

The plastic bottle on top will not he affected by UHD action when the porosity of the filtration is too small to allow the UDH molecule to pass through.

61kBg5cHlVL._SL1450_.jpg

• axil Good idea. But hasn't part of this already been done in a sense? Wouldn't you predict that lenrcentury's fuel-filled bottle should show degradation everywhere? Does it show this?

Yes, the plastic bottle that the ECCO reactor fuel was in showed deterioration over the entire surface. But this proposed test might also show the size of the UDH molecule using nanofiltration.

Another test that might be interesting to try is to use the hourglass plastic bottle concept with the diadisks soaking in D2O. Can the UDH find its way out of the D2O and into the upper chamber of the hourglass?

Will the diadisks produce a steady flow of UDH without the diadisks having to be removed from the D2O?

Can a reactor be built where there is a constant flow of UDH (say down a nickle connection tube) from a cold UDH source remote from the hot LENR reactor to preserve the diadisks as the source of the LENR active agent?

In this situation, the reactor would not need to be refueled using replacement of the reactor since the fuel supply would be constantly supplied.

• axil

I meant lenrcentury's bottle (I'm not sure how that relates to the ECCO fuel).

Wouldn't you predict that lenrcentury's fuel-filled bottle should show degradation everywhere? Does it show this?

The powder is only about 1 gram, the bottle volume is 20ml, the fuel is not filled with the bottle, the fuel is in the bottom of the bottle!

• The powder is only about 1 gram, the bottle volume is 20ml, the fuel is not filled with the bottle, the fuel is in the bottom of the bottle!

Axil thinks that lenr fuels generate something that is superfluid and so will coat all parts of the bottle. He should therefore predict that the degredation should be everywhere. I don't think it is so that is a strike against Axil's idea.

I also think that if you believe that "strange radiation" is emanating from the 1 gm of fuel in you bottle and degrading the material it (the bottle) is made from, then the radiations should be emanating in all directions. The damage should be in all directions. I don't think I see this either, but you have a better view than I do..

• Axil thinks that lenr fuels generate something that is superfluid and so will coat all parts of the bottle. He should therefore predict that the degredation should be everywhere. I don't think it is so that is a strike against Axil's idea.

I also think that if you believe that "strange radiation" is emanating from the 1 gm of fuel in you bottle and degrading the material it (the bottle) is made from, then the radiations should be emanating in all directions. The damage should be in all directions. I don't think I see this either, but you have a better view than I do..

In post 8, I have provided a SEM of LENR fuel

IN this post I will show you a SEM of ME356 fuel. Note how the LENR active agent exits the fuel particle and begins transmutation of the SEM tape.

?key=772dfbef58603559f49bbb9d9b205dfb8abc415080f84d48a28f957863927e73-aHR0cDovL2UtY2F0d29ybGQuY29tL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBsb2Fkcy8yMDE3LzA5LzMtNzY4eDgxNi5qcGc%3D

Note how the LENR agent climes up the fuel particle.

3023-2-jpg

SEM of transmutation of these nanowires

https://www.lenr-forum.com/attachment/3354-edx-pdf/

• axil

But wouldn't you predict that lenrcentury's fuel-filled bottle should show degradation everywhere? This is like your hourglass prediction is it not?

I have no knowledge of lenrcentury's fuel. how it was prepared or even if it is LENR active. lenrcentury could provide a sample of his fuel to MFMP for a look as a few other developers have done. MFMP is becoming knowledgeable in what a active LENR fuel looks like and does.

• I have no knowledge of lenrcentury's fuel. how it was prepared or even if it is LENR active. lenrcentury could provide a sample of his fuel to MFMP for a look as a few other developers have done. MFMP is becoming knowledgeable in what a active LENR fuel looks like and does.

Fair enough. But on this forum and elsewhere you have been absolutely categorical in stating that LENR-active fuels have a common mechanism which consists of ultradense hydrogen that does this and does that and so on. Why back off now?

Let's make it an if/then statement. If lenrcentury's bottle contains LENR active fuel then wouldn't you predict that it should should show degradation everywhere? I don't think I see that in the photos.

• If axil really wanted to attribute the deterioration of the plastic bottle to ultra-dense hydrogen he could have referred to the isotope mixing effect that was observed in the paper linked below. In short, the ultra-dense hydrogen produced seems to interact with the hydrogen atoms of the polymer surface it is in contact with. Here deuterium was used, but the same might occur with hydrogen as well. Given the difference in size of the atoms composing both materials, it could possibly result in long-term structural damage to the surface without necessarily involving radiation emission, strange or not. Furthermore it would only act where the so-called "fuel" rests. Fluoropolymers (e.g. PTFE) would be unaffected by this.

http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4729078

On a related note, ultra-dense hydrogen has been found to be generally substantially depleted (especially in its superfluid form) on polymer surfaces, so it's unlikely to form a film on the entire inner surface of the plastic bottle as suggested in this thread. From a previous patent application, which refers the study linked above (a potion slightly paragraphed for brevity):

https://patents.google.com/patent/EP2680271A1

It has been found that different materials interact differently with ultradense hydrogen and that some materials promote condensation of ultradense hydrogen, while other materials more or less prevent [it]. [...] The reasons why some materials can support a larger amount of ultradense hydrogen than other materials are not yet fully understood. It has, however, been found that when ultra-dense hydrogen is allowed to fall from the [catalyst] onto a carrier comprising a metal or metal oxide surface portion surrounded by polymer (organic or inorganic) surface portion, the density of ultra-dense hydrogen is substantially higher on the metal (or metal oxide) than on the (organic or inorganic) polymer

[...] The material in the fuel collection portion 16 may, for example, be a metal, such as steel or titanium, and the material at the surface of the barrier portion 17 may be any organic or inorganic polymer, such as, for example, PTFE, PMMA or PE. It should, however, be emphasized that it is expected that many other material combinations can provide the desired substantial confinement of the ultra-dense hydrogen to the fuel collection portion. For instance, it is expected that also many metal oxides will function to retain the ultra-dense hydrogen and that the barrier portion may, for example, be made of glass.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.