Skill Set of Some Scientists at the Nasa Glenn Research/PineScie LENR Alternative Energy Conversion Effort

• Michael Becks, Vantage Partners LLC, is an engineer who specializes in mechanical system test and analysis. His experience gives the GRC/PineScie/VantagePartners LENR research team intimate access to the world's largest space environment simulation chamber.

Michael Becks

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-becks-7b762378

Mansfield, Ohio Area - ‎Mechanical Engineer - ‎Vantage Partners LLC

"While lead engineer on the Cryoshroud Refurbishment Project for the Space Power Facility at NASA Plum Brook Station, my responsibilities included analysis of the Cryofloor Transfer Cart to ensure it was capable of supporting the Orion MPCV. I was also responsible for analyzing the Cryowall Panel Support Structure to ..."

NASA AeroSpace Frontiers, Volume 16, Issue 6, June 2014

https://www.nasa.gov/sites/def…/files/AFJune_2014(2).pdf

Orion's First Test Flight (page 2)

Orion Program Commendation Awards

Mike Becks - Cyroschroud Refurbishment Team

NASA Michael Becks

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/search.jsp?R=20160010440

NASA Associate Administrators Awards 2014

ERA Project and ITD Teams, ARC, AFRC, GRC & LaRC Winners - Michael Becks

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/office…ards-2015-era-winners.htm

The Cyroshroud at the Plum Brook Space Power Facility (SPF) test chamber.

https://www1.grc.nasa.gov/facilities/spf/

Cryoshroud

• Variable geometry
    • Can be configured inside the test chamber
    • Cryoshroud is 12.80 m wide by 24.38 m long (42 by 80 ft) with a 6.71-m (22-ft) height
    • Alternate configuration—12.19-m- (40-ft)-diameter cylinder by 12.19 m (40 ft) tall
    • Ten individual zones with separate temperature control
    • Temperatures from ambient to –156.67°C (–250°F)
    • Temperature transition of 0.56°C (1°F) per min

Space Power Facility

The Space Power Facility (SPF) houses the world’s largest and most powerful space environment simulation facilities. The Space Simulation Vacuum Chamber is the world’s largest, measuring 30.5 m (100 ft) in diameter by 37.2 m (122 ft) high. The Reverberant Acoustic Test Facility (RATF) is the world’s most powerful spacecraft acoustic test chamber, and the Mechanical Vibration Facility (MVF) is the world’s highest capacity and most powerful spacecraft shaker system. The SPF is located at the NASA’s Plum Brook Station in Sandusky, Ohio. This website provides information on the capabilities of this facility and the supporting infrastructure. The facility is available on a full-cost reimbursable basis to government, universities and the private sector.

On a side note, Vantage Partners participates in NEAT at NASA Plum Brook Station.

Perhaps useful for the NASA SUGAR - LENR Phase lll program or the NASA/PineScie end goal.

'X-57 Maxwell [SCEPTOR] Project'

https://www.energytech.org/wp-…nfiguration-23Oct2017.pdf

Testing conducted October 2016

NASA, Glenn Research Center

Plum Brook Station, Ohio

NASA Electric Aircraft Testbed (NEAT) Facility

Traction Bus Wire, EMI/EMC, Test Report Summary

Traction Bus Conductor Evaluation Test Team Members

Support Resource:

Ying C Cha (GRC/LED0) [Vantage Partners, LLC]

NASA Electric Aircraft Testbed (NEAT) Facility, Test Lead Electrical Engineer

H Olar (GRC/LSS0) [Vantage Partner, LLC]

NEAT Software Engineer

Michael D Herlacher (GRC/LED0) [Vantage Partner, LLC]
    Electrical Engineer IV, EMI Engineering

NASA Electric Aircraft Test Bed (NEAT) Development Plan - Design, Fabrication, Installation 2016 https://ntrs.nasa.gov/search.jsp?R=20160010440

As large airline companies compete to reduce emissions, fuel, noise, and maintenance costs, it is expected that more of their aircraft systems will shift from using turbofan propulsion, pneumatic bleed power, and hydraulic actuation, to instead using electrical motor propulsion, generator power, and electrical actuation. This requires new flight-weight and flight-efficient powertrain components, fault tolerant power management, and electromagnetic interference mitigation technologies. Moreover, initial studies indicate some combination of ambient and cryogenic thermal management and relatively high bus voltages when compared to state of practice will be required to achieve a net system benefit. Developing all these powertrain technologies within a realistic aircraft architectural geometry and under realistic operational conditions requires a unique electric aircraft testbed. This report will summarize existing testbed capabilities located in the U.S. and details the development of a unique complementary testbed that industry and government can utilize to further mature electric aircraft technologies.

PDF https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/….nasa.gov/20160010440.pdf

• Alan Smith

You are most welcome. If any of this GRC/PineScie/Venture/JWK/SPAWAR LENR group is relevant to Rossi, in my opinion, it lends credence that the 'cold fusion' puzzle has indeed been cracked and fine tuned. Has Rossi cracked it? I think so. Also credence to the thought that fusion does occur in the lattice, though it may be in nano locations where temps are as hot as the sun (sort-of-as in cavitation); which would mean this could hardly be 'cold' fusion. Pardon me I'm a lay-person.

I'm surprised where this skill set query led to... applied engineering. Though it could be argued that each person's skills were only turned to perfecting a functioning, reliable, adequate and applicable LENR energy reactor. I would consider the argument frivolous, as it would be a frivolous and wasteful utilization if one limited the use of this large skill set to such a small endeavor.

Will we see LENR flight before we see a home/consumer certified E-Cat (LENR device)?

These folks' skills (and resources) cause me to believe so. I rank the possibility into three categories. We will have LENR spaceflight first. We will see military flight second (we may have it before we see it). We will have commercial LENR aircraft soon afterwards. Concurrent with all of this we will see both industrial and power plant use of LENR energy. Finally we will see LENR powered consumer products and a home certified E-Cat unit.

This may all end up taking place in a surprisingly short time frame.

I appreciate editing suggestions, advice and relevant leads. (415) 548-3735

I've decided to fold this skill set information into:

'United States Government LENR Energy 2018'

https://gbgoble.kinja.com/unit…18-a-review-of-1822335542

Reviewing twenty five years of U.S. funded ‘cold fusion’ projects including patents, contracts, publications and public/private sector partnership efforts towards LENR energy applied engineering and LENR energy commercialization.

Of course, it may take a bit of time to do so. :/

• Surprise ...

Another excuse... I'm blond. It's nice having a reason others can understand. How about you @H-G Branzell what's your reasoning? Anything to add to this? Some deep and profound thoughts about this work perhaps? Go ahead... take another shot at it. Surprise me. Or is that all you've got? That would be... there's not another 'surprise' from you for me.

A sad state of affairs. Or not?

Surprise! I love you!

Don't strain. (except in the nuclear reactive environment of LENR research)

Don't be shy.

Shyster

Shyster is a slang word for someone who acts in a disreputable, unethical, or unscrupulous way, especially in the practice of law, sometimes also politics or business.

The etymology of the word is not generally agreed upon. The Oxford English Dictionary describes it as "of obscure origin", possibly deriving from a historical sense of "shy" meaning disreputable, whereas the Merriam-Webster Dictionary deemed it probably based on the German Scheisser [Scheißer] literally "defecator". Various false etymologies have suggested an anti-Semitic origin, possibly associated with the character of Shylock from Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice, but there is no clear evidence for this. One source asserts that the term originated in Philadelphia in 1843 from a disreputable attorney named "Schuster." A book published in 2013 traces the first use back to 1843, when scammers in New York City would exploit prisoners by pretending to be lawyers. These scammers were disparagingly referred to as "shisers", meaning "worthless people" in British slang, which in turn was originally derived from the German "Scheißer" (literally: shitter).

Strain

Science and technology

• Strain (biology), variants of plants, viruses or bacteria; or an inbred animal used for experimental purposes
    • Strain (chemistry), a chemical stress of a molecule
    • Strain (injury), an injury to a muscle (tear in tendon) in which the muscle fibers tear as a result of over-stretching
    • Strain (mechanics), a geometrical measure of deformation representing the relative displacement between particles in a material body
    • Filtration, separating solids from fluids (liquids or gases) by interposing a medium through which only the fluid can pass
    • Percolation, the movement and filtering of fluids (or gases) through porous materials
    • Psychological stress

Arts and media

• Strain (manga), a 1996 manga written by Yoshiyuki Okamura, and illustrated by Ryoichi Ikegami
    • Strain (music), a series of musical phrases that create a distinct melody of a piece
    • Strain (album), a 2004 album by Flesh Field
    • Strain: Strategic Armored Infantry, a 2006 anime

Places

• Strain, Arkansas, an unincorporated community in Richland Township of the Southern United States
    • Strain, Missouri, an unincorporated community in Franklin County, Missouri, USA

Other uses

• Strain (surname)
    • Strain (bridge), the indication of either the trump suit or notrump in a bid made in the game of contract bridge; also called a denomination

See also... Overwork

• Strain theory (disambiguation)
    • Strainer, a type of sieve used to separate solids from liquids, e.g. in cooking
    • The Strain
    • Stressor

Surprise

• Surprise (emotion), a brief emotional state experienced as the result of an unexpected significant event

Science and mathematics

• Surprise (apple), a pink-fleshed apple

Places

• Surprise, Arizona
    • Surprise, Indiana
    • Surprise, Nebraska
    • Surprise, New York
    • Surprise Station, California or Surprise, California
    • Surprise Valley

Entertainment

• "Surprise" (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), episode 13 of season 2 of the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    • Surprise (1991 film), a 1991 short by Pixar
    • Surprise (2015 film), a 2015 Chinese film
    • Surprise! (film), a 1995 short by Veit Helmer
    • ¡Sorpresa!, a TV network whose name means "Surprise!" in Spanish

Music

• 5urprise, a South Korean band
    • Surprise Records, a record label
    • Surprise Symphony, nickname of Symphony No. 94 (Haydn)

Albums

• Surprise (Better Than Ezra album), 1990 by Better Than Ezra
    • Surprise (Crystal Waters album), 1991 by Crystal Waters
    • Surprise (Lynsey De Paul album), 1973 by Lynsey De Paul
    • Surprise (Paul Simon album), 2006 by Paul Simon, released
    • Surprise (S.E.S. album), 2001 by S.E.S.
    • Surprise (Sylvia album), by country music singer Sylvia
    • Surprises (Herbie Mann album), 1976 featuring Cissy Houston
    • Surprise!, by Fifteen

Songs

• "Surprise!" (Bonnie Pink song), 1996 by Bonnie Pink
    • "Surprises", by Billy Joel from the album Nylon Curtain, 1982
    • "Surprise", by James from the album Millionaires, 1999
    • "Surprise", by Jolin Tsai from the album Lucky Number, 2001
    • "Surprise", by Sugababes from the album Change, 2007

People

• Surprise Moriri (born 1980), a South African footballer

Ships

• HMS Surprise, the name of several British Royal Navy ships; also,
    • HMS Surprise (replica ship), a modern tall ship, built at Lunenberg, Nova Scotia, Canada
    • HMS Surprise (novel), a 1973 historical naval novel by Patrick O'Brian
    • USS Surprise, the name of several United States Navy ships
    • Surprise (1777 ship), the first American naval ship of the name
    • Surprize, a British East India Company merchant ship
    • Surprise, a privateer schooner launched in 1813 in the U.S. that captured more than 30 British vessels before wrecking in 1815
    • Surprise (clipper), an 1850 clipper ship in the San Francisco and tea trades
    • Surprise (paddle steamer), the first paddle steamer, and the first steam powered vessel, built and run in Australia
    • Surprise (schooner), built in 1917-18 and still providing daily cruises for tourists on Penobscot Bay
    • Royal Escape (1660 ship), the ex-collier Surprise.

See also

• Surprise factor, a storytelling technique
    • Self-information, a concept in information theory
    • Shock
    • Official Post

Greg,

Don't let H-G get under your skin. You are doing some good research here trying to put the pieces together. You can expect a few pot shots from the skeps, especially so when they have skills, and knowledge we amateur scientists lack. It's a "professional" thing, and really, when you think about it, understandable. So try and not take it personal.

I myself have ventured too far into the science before, and triggered a little pushback. But stick with it...sometime the perspective of a novice can open their eyes to something they may have missed before. That is especially true when it comes to LENR.

• BG said: Shane D. I'm fairly sure I remember a few LENR scientists pondering over apparent nano locations in the nuclear reactive environment of LENR where temperatures may indeed approach those found in the sun.

The sun has 150g/cc (150 X water) and temperature 150,000,000C

The Lawson criterion has fusion scaling as particle density squared (for obvious and general reasons). Futhermore the sun core is mostly H & He, whereas metal lattices (however you slice it) have an H or D density lower than the lattice density, which is upped by the much larger mass of the metal nuclei.

So based purely on temperature and pressure, as BG finds indicative evidence, the comparison falls 20,000 X short.

But it is worse than that. The fusion rate in the sun is 280W/m^3, or 3mW/cc. These nano locations make up only a small fraction of the volume of an electrode - let us say 10%. So we have a solar equivalent rate (if as good as sun) of 0.3mW/cc.

That is pathetic - and of course the factor of 20,000 reduces this to 15nW/cc or 15mW/m^3.

What does this tells us?

(1) analogies with the sun are irrelevant. All LENR as claimed is way more power dense than the sun core, and the sun core is way more particle dense than NAEs

(2) BG is suffering apophenia in the comment above.

• PS - since GB's argument leads to an absurd conclusion (that Rossi has cracked cold fusion) you don't actually need the facts to deduce that it is wrong. But, it is always good to ignore such reverse argument and work it out from first principles.

• PS - since GB's argument leads to an absurd conclusion (that Rossi has cracked cold fusion) you don't actually need the facts to deduce that it is wrong. But, it is always good to ignore such reverse argument and work it out from first principles.

"Lends credence" is not a conclusion... I'm concluding this.

Can you lend further credence to your comment? I am not sure whether or not I agree with you.

• Another excuse... I'm blond. It's nice having a reason others can understand. How about you @H-G Branzell what's your reasoning? Anything to add to this?

Surprise! I love you

Dear GBG,

I am deeply touched learning that you love me. Even if it is not me I am sure somebody loves you too.

Let me add to this some advise.

1) Do not write odes to them.

2) Please spare us the etymology lessons.

• I Imagine each 'schools' each other in different ways... the slang phase, I schooled 'ya, comes to mind.

I'll spare/spar the etymology lesson which is inferred in this sentence.

On another note... As an amateur scientific research investigative journalist, I am interested in all things relevant to (what is popularly known as 'cold fusion') LENR science. As such, I am fascinated by some of the controversies surrounding the sun. Thanks for your thoughts.

By the way,,, "love" as in: To wish one wellbeing. To hope their heart's dreams, hopes and desires are not thwarted. May at least a few come true... with due respect.

• Hope | Define Hope at Dictionary.com

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/hope

v. Old English hopian "wish, expect, look forward (to something)," of unknown origin, a general North Sea Germanic word (cf. Old Frisian hopia, Middle Low German, Middle Dutch, Dutch hopen; Middle High German hoffen "to hope," borrowed from Low German).‎In hopes of · ‎Hopeless · ‎Hope springs eternal · ‎Hope against hope

Hope Synonyms, Hope Antonyms | Thesaurus.com

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/hope

hopia, M.L.G., M.Du. hopen; M.H.G. hoffen "to hope" was borrowed from Low Ger. Some suggest a connection with hop (v.) on the notion of "leaping in expectation."

Hope | Definition of Hope by Merriam-Webster

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hope

Mar 17, 2018 - Definition of hope for Students. 1 : desire together with the expectation of getting what is wanted. 2 : a chance or likelihood for something desired. There isn't much hope of winning.

hope Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/hope

hope meaning, definition, what is hope: to want something to happen or to be true, and usually have a good reason to think that…. Learn more.

to hope - synonyms and related words | Macmillan Dictionary

https://www.macmillandictionar…category/american/to-hope

Comprehensive list of synonyms for to hope, by Macmillan Dictionary and Thesaurus.

hope (verb) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary

https://www.macmillandictionar…ictionary/american/hope_1

Define hope (verb) and get synonyms. What is hope (verb)? hope (verb) meaning, pronunciation and more by Macmillan Dictionary.

hope | Definition of hope in English by Oxford Dictionaries

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/hope

Definition of hope - a feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen, a feeling of trust.

To Hope by Charlotte Smith - Poems | Academy of American Poets

https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/hope

To Hope - Oh, Hope! thou soother sweet of human woes!

hope - Wiktionary

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hope

From Middle English hope, from Old English hopa (“hope, expectation”), from Proto-Germanic *hupô, *hupǭ, *hupō (“hope”), from Proto-Germanic *hupōną (“to hope”), from Proto-Indo-European *kēwp-, *kwēp- (“to smoke, boil”). Cognate with West Frisian hope (“hope”), Dutch hoop (“hope”), Middle High German hoffe ...

hope - English-French Dictionary WordReference.com

http://www.wordreference.com/enfr/hope

hope - traduction anglais-français. Forums pour discuter de hope, voir ses formes composées, des exemples et poser vos questions. Gratuit.

Searches related to to hope

hope antonym

hope synonym

hope thesaurus

hopes definition

hope in the bible

hope quote

hope symbol

hope meaning in hindi

1 3 5 7 9 Next

Hope

• GBG: as Alan points out this is an LENR forum.

I'd just add that pages full of dictionary definitions derail any logical argument and would in my view most likely be posted by somone who had nothing more worthwhile to say, or who wished quickly to get past posts from others demolishing his arguments.

i mean, I enjoy etymology and spend whole afternoons reading through dictionaries, finding new words, like apophenia - aptly describing some of your content above. But even I get annoyed by so much of dictionary.com cut and pasted here!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.