LENR paper by Georges Lochak & Leonid Urutskoev informs MFMP LION2 observations

• Low-energy nuclear reactions and the leptonic monopole

Georges Lochak, Fondation Louis de Broglie, Paris, France

Leonid Urutskoev, RECOM, Kurchatov Institute, Moscow, Russia

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.o…4cabc92354ee692e9876e.pdf

- studied the electric explosion of titanium foil in water

- pronounced distortion of the natural isotope composition of titanium

- 48 Ti [the parent atom] is not converted into one or two daughter isotopes of another chemical element or titanium,

as would be expected from the views of known nuclear physics. Instead, it decomposes into a spectrum of daughter elements

- data on the isotope shift were obtained independently on three types of mass spectrometers

- independent verification by our colleagues from Dubna (Kuznetsov’s group)

- we focus on the isotope shift in detail because it proves that low-energy nuclear reactions did, in fact occur

- A direct clue to the phenomenological model comes from the proportionality between the 48Ti isotope shift and the percentage of foreign chemical elements observed in the experiment.

- the model predicts that the addition of vanadium should yield the 57 Fe isotope. This result was actually obtained in experiments.

- the model including titanium, oxygen and hydrogen does not give any combinations with elements higher than zinc.

This is in line with the results presented in Fig. 3.

- if glycerol is added to the bidistilled water, the titanium 48-isotope shift increases.

- no neutrons are observed - neither [teams] observed any significant residual γ-activity in the samples

- experiments with other types of foils (Pb, Zr, Ta and so on) were carried out, and isotope shifts were again detected.

For example, the 208 Pb isotope is the parent atom for Pb.

- It is noteworthy that the tendency for transformation is usually found for even-even nuclei

- We drew the following conclusions from the numerical experiment:

- Contrary to the opinion of the majority of physicists, the possibility of low- energy transformation does not contradict the conservation laws.

- This process is collective in principle and can be simulated within the framework of processes based on weak interactions.

- Since weak interactions are characterized by small cross-sections, a catalyst is needed

- Monopole as a catalyst?

Experimental searches for the monopole started immediately after the transformation phenomenon had been found

- The traces are very unusual, and because of that the hypothetical radiation was called a ‘strange’ one.

- In Figure 8, a typical track created by an ion in a nuclear emulsion is shown for comparison.

Moreover, they are not continuous [compare Fig 7 with 'rabbit tracks' observed by MFMP in LION2, etc] ;

frequently they are followed by narrower traces, and traces of δ-electrons cannot be seen at all.

Such traces (hairs) are always observed when high-energy particles are absorbed

- To make sure that the traces are not related to some electromagnetic artifact, we installed detectors near the foil remnants only after the explosion.

- During 24 hours we were registering the traces which were indistinguishable from those, observed at the instant of electric pulse.

- Thus, we have confirmed the nuclear origin of the radiation being registered.

It should be noted that when the unit was subjected to a magnetic field [1], the traces in the nuclear emulsion changed. This is seen in the Figure 9.

- the particle which left the trace in the nuclear emulsion is charged, as nuclear emulsions are insensitive to neutrons.

-the particle cannot have electric charge, as otherwise it could not be able to pass through two meters of atmospheric air and two layers of black paper.

- the particle does not have high energy, as no delta-electrons are observed.

- the mechanism of the interaction between the particle and the photosensitive layer is not clear. Assuming the Coulomb mechanism, the absorbed energy estimated using the darkening area equals around 1 GeV.

[sr]

Gie me ae spark o' nature's fire, That's a' the learning I desire

R. Burns

• Official Post

Welcome, unfortunately we have to restrict the access for new members so they have to wait for an approval and if you post at 01:00 Central European Time than it could be that all Admins and Mods are not available, especially on holidays.

• Official Post

...sorry to see so much ad hominem on a worthy site, especially the recent barbs directed at you, the model of restraint! your subtle humour is greatly appreciated

I don't worry too much about ad homs directed at me, but i do get very concerned when they are directed at others. Never forget, it's the internet. 'May contain nuts'.

• thank you gentlemen

maybe we don't all have the skills or the resources to do the actual 'magic', but we can still make a useful contribution as the 'eyes and ears' of the wider LENR community - gather 'clues' from a wide sea of information, reported in papers and interviews, start to make connections, strengthen causal links, stimulate thinking, ideas, new experiments.

exciting times, my friends!

...They show we are a happy, dysfunctional, save the planet family

yes, but sadly i always see myself in the role of either Chevy Chase, or John Goodman ;)

[sr]

R. Burns

• BTW, it was'nae who gave you access to the forum. That is an Admin function, your thanks are probably due to barty.

'ansome is as 'ansome does!

danke schön, merci, thank you - i'm sure that there are plenty of people to whom we should be grateful for setting up and maintaining a busy site like this

kudos to Barty - and all other Admin and Mod colleagues for sharing your LENRverse with all of us ...saints and sinners alike! ;)

[sr]

R. Burns

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.