LION-AG Experiment

• Our own experiments with the LION 'look-alike' have followed a very similar path so far. We are also running another variant using electrolytically deuterated diapads. The only thing of interest in the latter test is a modest radiation peak (2-3x background) which seems to be coincident with cooling - we are cycling this between 300-600 - the peak looks to be coincident with the 310-340C region, but mostly on the way down rather than on the way up. Since we are not yet equipped for 'livestream' data display the proof of this will have to wait until the run stops and we pull the SD card from the logger.

Bremsstrahlung not only occurs when the LENR reaction begins but also when it ends. You may be seeing Bremsstrahlung when the LENR reaction is ending. Heat is not always generated by the LENR reaction. SO heat production is a bad indication to judge if LENR is active or not.

Weak LENR systems produce ionizing radiation and sub atomic particles. Heat may not be produced.

• There now seems to be a problem with the Labjack comm connection, not fixed by re-booting the system.The plotly stream would also not initialize correctly.

hello Alan

magicsound , Alan Smith

re. the TC glitch (value 3277)

i believe this may be related to the maximum value of a 16-bit binary integer 1111 1111 1111 1111 base 2 = 32767 base 10 (using one of the bits as the sign)

if the value has been scaled as a fixed-point value to give 1 decimal place, say, and rounded to nearest integer, then 32767 would be interpreted as 3277

so this could just be the software trying to represent a data overflow as the max value of its range

...just an idea?

keep up the good work, gentlemen

[sr]

Gie me ae spark o' nature's fire, That's a' the learning I desire

R. Burns

• Official Post

Alan Smith

What detection method are you using in particular (detector type, distance from the apparatus, if other materials have been placed as a shield, etc) ?

I'm wondering if by making the cycling temperature range wider (e.g. 300–700 °C) the peak will increase accordingly.

Hi can.

We are using Netto Geigers with an SBM2020 tube. These are pretty much gamma or high-energy x-ray detectors. We use 3 identical devices, partly cross calibrated, but we use a control for temperature. In the data below you can see the phenomenon I mentioned. The upper graph shows the temperature cycle with raw rad counts below, the lower one shows the effect of removing all radiation data below 50cpm. This is approximately double the background count. As I hope you can see the periods where the count is 50+ coincide closely with those places where the temperature is falling, which means that any free deuterium is reloading into the lattice. We used a control to assess the affects of temperature btw, and have that data in hand. I can assure those interested however that this is a real phenomenon, though I hesitate at the moment to make too much of it.

androcles 1.pdf

androcles 1 temps.pdf

• Can ionizing radiation temporarily distortthe contents of the memory that holds the binary integer that records temperature?

• Can ionizing radiation temporarily distortthe contents of the memory that holds the binary integer that records temperature?

hi axil

as memory chips become smaller, to enable increased capacity (cf. Moore's 'Law'), i understand that they become ever more susceptible to corruption by some kind of radiation, whether local or space

i would expect the basic memory-state 'bit' to remain corrupted permanently until next written; however, if the the memory chip as a device, or the data-writing software, has been designed to include error-detection and correction then the effect could be temporary

i guess the self-correcting ability would only be economically viable in high-cost, or safety-critical, devices (so possibly not in standard lab-grade equipment?)

hth

[sr]

R. Burns

• https://news.vanderbilt.edu/20…sonal-electronic-devices/

When cosmic rays traveling at fractions of the speed of light strike the Earth’s atmosphere they create cascades of secondary particles including energetic neutrons, muons, pions and alpha particles. Millions of these particles strike your body each second. Despite their numbers, this subatomic torrent is imperceptible and has no known harmful effects on living organisms. However, a fraction of these particles carry enough energy to interfere with the operation of microelectronic circuitry. When they interact with integrated circuits, they may alter individual bits of data stored in memory. This is called a single-event upset or SEU.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…cle/pii/S0168900212010455

The electronics used in the data readout and triggering system for the Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS) experiment at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) particle accelerator at CERN are exposed to high radiation levels. This radiation can cause permanent damage to the electronic circuitry, as well as temporary effects such as data corruption induced by Single Event Upsets.

• Official Post

Re the 'androcles' files above, it should be noted that these were not produced by the current version of LION fuel, but by baked diapads electrolytically loaded with deuterium in heavy water, and using lithium deuteroxide as an electrolyte. The silver wire anode was also attacked by the evolved oxygen and we suspect that the end result was the formation of silver deuteroxide which was also in the mix. I forgot to mention that the geiger tube was shielded with pure silver leaf, which is usually around 0.5 microns thick. Actually, this did not appear to make much difference to the count.

• if my hunch is correct, ie. that the TC 'glitch' value indicates all bits set in a 15 (or 16, if signed) bit binary integer, then i feel it is probably an indication either of data overflow (ie. data going out of range), or of comms being lost, due to interface issues - i would expect data corruption due to some kind of radiation to manifest as random corruption to individual bits of a memory 'cell' ( eg. not all 15 / 16 bits being set to '1')

[sr]

R. Burns

• Official Post

I can't really see any clear correlation

Sorry about that- It does look a bit mangled, I am not really a data prep expert, but my colleague Martin is. He showed me a very clear correlation between falling temperatures (particularly in the 350-300C zone) and raised rad count. I think he may have time over the weekend to polish the files a little. This experiment only finished a few hours ago.

• Alan Smith

What I did is isolating the raw RadCnt peaks with a 50+ count by covering the middle of the graph with opaque boxes, as I couldn't really understand the graphs with the description you provided. With this trivial modification, the remaining visible peaks appear to be more or less randomly distributed and do not seem to occur more frequently when temperatures are falling.

Below is a clearer version showing both a modified (top) and the original version (bottom) of the same graph.

• https://news.vanderbilt.edu/20…sonal-electronic-devices/

[Snip]...This radiation can cause permanent damage to the electronic circuitry, as well as temporary effects such as data corruption induced by Single Event Upsets

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…cle/pii/S0168900212010455

NB. your second quote refers to the effects of radiation on the actual electronic circuitry of the memory, not the data contained within it

if the hardware is undamaged (the meaning of 'temporary' in this 2nd quote) then the data corruption can be reversed (assuming appropriate hardware or software design, as i mentioned above), or the data will be wrong until the next 'write-cycle' to that location

if the electronics are damaged (the meaning of 'permanent' in this 2nd quote) then that memory will no longer function correctly (unless the memory device has built-in redundancy capability)

however, i suspect that in magicsound 's case the data glitch in not related to corruption caused by radiation

[sr]

R. Burns

• Axil, No, I don't really trust human visual perception of artifacts in images as scientific evidence. Working in the computer vision field, sometimes directly involving human perception, I know it is flawed. Add to it that the human psychological ability to find patterns in noise, particularly if it agrees with your desires, is well known. In fact I think you "retweeted" an article about that here which I posted on ECW originally. I still think I am open minded about physics. But is there any explanation or theory about what "strange" radiation might be? And more important can it be measured?Nobody seemed to answer those questions. That seems"strange" to me. Anyhow I am mainly interested in any evidence that LION has a LENR active device, but I haven't seen evidence of that yet.

http://www.bbc.com/future/bespoke/story/20150130-how-your-eyes-trick-your-mind/

you should see the evidence complied by Keith Fredericks on

http://restframe.com/mm/authors/keith-fredericks/

These tracks has been seen by dozens of experimenters including Keith Fredericks

• Official Post

With this trivial modification, the remaining visible peaks appear to be more or less randomly distributed and do not seem to occur more frequently when temperatures are falling.

Well, not what our data analyst showed us somehow. Data presentation really isn't my thing, for which I apologise. I build systems, design experiments, prepare materials- in short tather old-fashioned kind of science. During the week I will (now we have b/band at the lab - post something a whole lot clearer.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.