LION-AG Experiment

• Alan Smith

It would have helped to mention, like you eventually did on ECW, that the normal background signal of the laboratory is 20-25 cpm. As the average of the signal in the RadCnt graph you posted is roughly 40, this is already statistically significantly above background conditions. It also means that the graph is not showing a background signal. Why focus on the 50 cpm spikes?

http://e-catworld.com/2018/04/…water/#comment-3854713790

http://e-catworld.com/2018/04/…goldwater/#comment-568683

• Is it not the case that the two experiments that were run or now running are completely difference in terms of fuel? Any comparisons between these experiments are not warranted.

Yes, correct. I only mentioned the radiation measurements for LION-AG because the discussion reminded me that I had not previously posted that information.

• The radiation measurements for my ongoing experiment can be seen at;

https://plot.ly/~QuantumHeat/32/lion-ag-neutron-geiger-and-gamma-counters/

Nothing in that plot has caught my eye, but perhaps analysis of the numeric data will find something. The file (up to 12 April 21:30) is available at :

https://drive.google.com/open?…vQjE_rE-E35BDtrmtjWNY0yNa

Preliminary graph of the entire data set attached on the bottom of this comment, showing a 900 sample rolling average of the 'deltas' (not the cumulative counts).

Because I wanted to get a signal that was clearly 'out of the weeds'.

I think showing that the overall background signal increases by 100% when the apparatus is operating would be more impressive than showing that an already elevated signal sometimes has peaks 25-30% higher than its average.

• Official Post

The experiments are all described sufficiently well for people to distinguish between them. We have done a pure LION-a-like run and reported on it (very little to tell in fact). The current experiment is called 'Androcles'. You may have heard of him, but it is pursuing a similar path, diapads and deuterium. Here's a picture of the current set-up. Ideas from Russ George and construction mainly by me. It shows the two 'large volume reactors, with the larger 'S' type thermocouples installed.

attached firmly to the S type inside the reactor are a fuel tube and also Russ's 'ohmic heater' - a little coil of kanthal wire attached to a regulated and accurately metered PSU - visible back RHS, each of the reactor main heating coils is run from a dedicated 36V psu. Here we are logging two tests- a single tube control, and a single tube 'androcles' test. Radiation, current, temperatures etc are all logged.

l

• Official Post

I think showing that the overall background signal increases by 100% when the apparatus is operating would be more impressive than showing that an already elevated signal sometimes has peaks 25-30% higher than its average.

All a question of opinion, the 50+ counts only idea came directly from the very experienced Russ George who is running the experiment while I and my colleague continue putting the new lab together, and fuss over the somplex plumbing and data collection systems of the new 20 liter Al recycling reactor we are installing.. Not trying to impress anybody really. Just keeping you guys up to date.

• can

You are a data plotting wizard! Do you think you can come up with an event-triggered averaging of Alan G's radiation ouput? Given the number of cycles he has so far, I think that the standard error of the signal would go way down and you will be able to see any input-bound signal very clearly.

• The experiments are all described sufficiently well for people to distinguish between them. We have done a pure LION-a-like run and reported on it (very little to tell in fact). The current experiment is called 'Androcles'. You may have heard of him, but it is pursuing a similar path, diapads and deuterium. Here's a picture of the current set-up. Ideas from Russ George and construction mainly by me. It shows the two 'large volume reactors, with the larger 'S' type thermocouples installed.

attached firmly to the S type inside the reactor are a fuel tube and also Russ's 'ohmic heater' - a little coil of kanthal wire attached to a regulated and accurately metered PSU - visible back RHS, each of the reactor main heating coils is run from a dedicated 36V psu. Here we are logging two tests- a single tube control, and a single tube 'androcles' test. Radiation, current, temperatures etc are all logged.

l

Re the 'androcles' files above, it should be noted that these were not produced by the current version of LION fuel, but by baked diapads electrolytically loaded with deuterium in heavy water, and using lithium deuteroxide as an electrolyte. The silver wire anode was also attacked by the evolved oxygen and we suspect that the end result was the formation of silver deuteroxide which was also in the mix. I forgot to mention that the geiger tube was shielded with pure silver leaf, which is usually around 0.5 microns thick. Actually, this did not appear to make much difference to the count.

The use of lithium is a good idea. The pressure needed to compress lithium into the lattice of the diamond generating an ultra dense form is 1/4 of that required for hydrogen. Lithium use will increase the odds of producing viable LENR fuel by a lot and do it much faster.

• Re the 'androcles' files above. I humbly suggest that a neodymium magnet be used as the anode of the electrolysis process. The head of the magnet should hold the diadisks. This configuration will greatly increase the current flow through the diadisks, generate ion formation on the diadisks, more readily draw the ions into the lattice of the diamonds, and may foster a cavitation effect on or near the diamonds that might increase the pressure on the diamonds.

• The use of lithium is a good idea. The pressure needed to compress lithium into the lattice of the diamond generating an ultra dense form is 1/4 of that required for hydrogen. Lithium use will increase the odds of producing viable LENR fuel by a lot and do it much faster.

Lithium becomes tritium if it is hit by a neutron.

Tritium with deuterium in the most likely fusion reaction!

Ron

• Bruce__H

I previously tried something like that with temperatures, but I didn't obtain reliable results as it appeared that the cycles don't have a consistent duration and this prevents automating things straightforwardly without "massaging" the data too much.

Visually speaking—and along the previous discussion with Alan Smith—spikes in 3He Neutron detector counts might speculatively have increased in number in the last few hours of available radiation data, and apparently mainly when input power is low. By subdividing average input power in two discrete "power states": high (>200W, in gray in the graph attached) and low (<200W, clear areas), this seems to become more visible.

However you have to be careful not to be looking too much into coincidental patterns that can arise for example with different rolling average sample sizes. These spikes get also easily averaged out with larger rolling average windows.

• Lithium becomes tritium if it is hit by a neutron.

Tritium with deuterium in the most likely fusion reaction!

Ron

The LENR reaction is a weak force based reaction, a particle decay reaction that has nothing to do with fusion. The meson is the sub atomic particle usually generated by the LENR reaction, not neutrons. Sometimes fusion does occur as a secondary reaction produced by mesons/muons. Tritium is usually not a product of the LENR reaction.

• This is strange advice. Neo magnet material is not conductive, though the Nickel coating on the outside is. And if you want to deuterate something, you use it as a cathode, not an anode. Or did I miss something?

They say seeing is believing. Sorry, I had it backward. Oxygen will collect at the positively charged electrode (anode) and hydrogen will collect at the negatively charged electrode (cathode). So the magnet should be the cathode. The magnetic field of the magnet and the charge on the cathode should both induce the protons (Hydrogen ions) and the lithium ions to enter the diamond lattice.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.