NASA partners with Global Energy Corporation to develop 10kW Hybrid Reactor Generator

• Is this really Pyroelectric Crystal Nuclear Fusion?

The auditor of this article first lists all the indicators that are required to prove that the fusion of deuterium is taking place, but he latter admits that only neutrons were detected coming out of this reaction.

No it is not. As is illustrated in my earlier post the electric field set up by pyroelectricity is used to ionize and accelerate deuterium atoms. When the ions hit the deuterated target some D-D fusions occur.

https://steemit.com/steemstem/…c-crystal-nuclear-fusion:

It is the second, neutron producing outcome that makes it easy to detect D-D fusion, as neutrons are not produced in many natural processes.

Due to the low reaction rate and the natural He background it would be impossible to discern and detect the few He atoms produced.

• Fusion is not happening in this reaction even if neutrons are detected. Fusion requires the production of specific gamma radiation at 3 and 14 Mev. It also requires the production of tritium and He3.

Welcome in the standard model club of people that only understand kinetic fusion! The key of LENR is the absence of classic gamma radiation, because there is no available momentum. This is basic college Newton physics!

• I think the best case for cold fusion in a short paper is here:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/McKubreMCHcoldfusionb.pdf

This document was published in 2009:

Cold Fusion (LENR) One Perspective on the State of the Science

Here is an interview with Mike McKubre:

Published on Jan 18, 2018

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For some reason the same interview has also been published on Jan 26, 2014 and Oct 2, 2015.

In the interview nothing is said about the LENR proofs that Jed consider to be so important. Instead Mike refers to the Israel based company Energetic Technologies that were able to show energy gains of 10 to 25 times. Their process was based on the SuperWave concept developed by Irving Dardik, a former vascular surgeon (!), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irving_Dardik,

This is a SuperWave:lenr-forum.com/attachment/5104/

More super waves: https://www.goodreads.com/book…e-of-nature#other_reviews

The Nature of Nature: The Underlying Reality of Nature and How SuperWaves Will Change Everything

Got 5 stars from Mike (Who?!)

Since this silly thing was a pure fantasy the company ran out of sponsor money and I think the little that was left of the company transferred to the University of Utah.

In the interview Mike said:

"There are four companies sort of perched on the edge of commercialization I am working with,"

He tells us that they were Brillouin, Rossi, Defkalion, Black Light Power.

Excellent choice of collaborators. Whatever edge they were on, it was not one of commercialization, rather public revelation.

But what else can you expect from a man that believes in Joseph Papp's noble gas engine:

http://coldfusionnow.org/tag/papp-engine/

This is a power source that mankind needs to have. We need to make a push and get this energy out in the hands of people.Dr. Michael McKubre TeslaTech 2012

• In the interview nothing is said about the LENR proofs that Jed consider to be so important.

Did anyone say there are proofs in this interview? Who are you disputing here?

There are proofs in the paper I cited, and in my video which is mainly based on that paper:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

https://techlinkcenter.org/technologies/14832367/

This was discussed here before, but in light of the NASA/GEC agreement to develop a 10kW thermal/2kW electric generator (topic of this thread), maybe someone can fit it into the big picture. The heart of this "Navy Particle Generator" being offered for "Potential collaboration with Navy Researchers", is based on the SPAWAR patent "Systems and Methods to Generate Particles" filed in 2007, but made public in 2013.

When it popped up before, no one could tell if this was old, and no longer being offered by the Navy. or something new. I seem to recall Dewey thinking it was new. It was modified today, so maybe the offer is still good. Anyways, it is interesting in that the Navy at one point was looking for partners, or maybe they still are. Today, at this very moment, some of those former researchers of (Navy) SPAWAR/GEC who authored this patent, are partnering up with NASA to develop a hybrid generator.

I sent an email to the contact lady for some info.

• Official Post

I did get a response. Paul did not ask me to keep his name and position secret, but I left it out anyways for safe measure. Note the last sentence:

Shane,

Joan forwarded the below email to me.

SSC PAC is no longer working in the LENR area, the work stopped here a number of years ago, based on a management decision.

The primary investigator, Pam Boss, is retired from SSC PAC. Her current email address is [email protected] (and cc:'d) if you want to reach out to her on the topic. I believe she is still current.

WRT the patent itself [US patent 8419919] is available for licensing.

Thank you

Paul

• Official Post

As I said, the Navy informed me by email that this technology, based on the SPAWAR patent listed below, is at this very moment available for licensing. It is LENR based:

This invention is a reproducible method of generating particles through the electrolysis of palladium in heavy water. The invention consists of an electrochemical cell composing an anode, a cathode, and magnets within an electrolyte solution of palladium dissolved in heavy water. To initiate the particle generating process, a power source supplies a constant current to the cell body through the partially immersed cathode and anode for a specified period of time. The current causes the deposition of palladium particles onto the cathode element due to the evolving deuterium gas during electrolysis. These periods of current may be repeated for a variety of different values, and for different period lengths dependent on the needs of the materials. This process can be customized based on the most productive cycles for each specific reaction. In some reactions, magnetic fields prove useful in expediting the particle formation. The cell’s magnets are placed opposing each other, creating a magnetic field through the electrolytic solution between the anode and cathode. This magnetic interaction within the cell can be induced during the first round of current supply or with a new current after palladium deposition. Full deposition occurs when the electrolyte solution changes in color from its original red-brown color to clear, which may require between 3 to 7 days of reaction time. The invention can also include a particle detector such as CR-39, a commercially available material that is chemically resistant to electrolyte and electromagnetic noise. The invention can produce a variety of particles including alphas, protons, soft X-rays, neutrons, tritium, gammas, and betas. An example use of the invention is the decontamination of radionuclides from groundwater by stabilizing the radioactive particles.

Benefits

• Controlled, reproducible low-energy nuclear reactions
    • Operates at conditions of ambient temperature and standard atmospheric pressure
    • Eliminates long charging times needed to achieve high deuterium formation on a metal cathode

• The Opportunity

• US patent 8,419,919 available for license
    • Potential for collaboration with Navy researchers

Articles & Downloads

• Official Post

Bang,

Yes, that is a good point, and funny. But it seems to me that most here are missing the significance of the US Navy offering for license an LENR based technology. This is official, and generally the US government is not in the business to scam people, so that is at least off the table. They also do not generally offer to license, or partner with others to develop something they think is crap.

Add to that the former SPAWAR/GEC researchers behind this patent, now working with NASA on a hybrid non-fissile/LENR reactor for space purposes, well...

I could be crazy as a loon for thinking this is important, or possibly prescient. I like to think the latter. :)

• I read this as the guys that support this work in the Navy having results that they remain interested in, and want to pursue, but no way to do this without external interest and money.

Which, BTW, means they have some observations that could indicate LENR, or could indicate some collection of artifacts and misunderstood non-LENR effects. If the results were clear-cut lots of money would be forthcoming in many ways.

That is the story, thus far, of LENR research.

This is official, and generally the US government is not in the business to scam people, so that is at least off the table. They also do not generally offer to license, or partner with others to develop something they think is crap.

All true but the government has been known to engage in highly speculative (and eventually fruitless) research. For example, Uri Geller and psychic phenomena were studied under government grants by Targ and Puthoff and how can we forget the substantially funded project to study "remote viewing" -- a stupid idea you can disprove in one afternoon in a freshman college psych lab?

https://www.cia.gov/library/re…-00791R000100440001-9.pdf

https://www.cia.gov/library/re…dp79-00999a000300030027-0

Uri Geller's rather ordinary magic tricks and the vague illusion of remote viewing fooled government scientists for many years each. They are classics but there are dozens of projects tried by various US government agencies which were fanciful and got nowhere. Some in fact were scams, not by the government, but by the experimenters. Government support is no guarantee of legitimacy.

• Which, BTW, means they have some observations that could indicate LENR, or could indicate some collection of artifacts and misunderstood non-LENR effects. If the results were clear-cut lots of money would be forthcoming in many ways.

That is the story, thus far, of LENR research.

That is your version of the story. It is incorrect. Many results have been clear-cut and compelling, but you invent reasons to doubt them, such as your statements about entrainment in the Fleischsmann-Pons boil off experiments. Or your assertion that a 1 L cell will displace ~20 L of water.

Clear-cut results do not attract money in controversial fields. They attract attacks. They attract academic politics and irrational opposition. This can be seen in the history of many scientific and technological breakthroughs such as the laser and the MRI. The better the results, the stronger the opposition was. In cold fusion, for example:

The National Cold Fusion Institute published definitive proof in peer-reviewed journals that cold fusion produces tritium, so it is a nuclear effect. The Institute was quickly attacked and closed down. People such as you, who are determined not to believe any claim about cold fusion, never comment on these results. Or SRI, or Miles, or any other. (For some reason you feel free to invent nonsense about Fleischmann and Pons, but not these others.)

Most research at SRI was closed down as soon as they published positive results. The ANS paid Hoffman to write an absurd little book justifying this. The leader of the anti-cold fusion faction at EPRI wrote the introduction to it. They paid Hoffman hundreds of thousands, which is more than many cold fusion studies. The book was so full of lies it nearly triggered a lawsuit, so the publisher added a slip of paper with an addendum. It is one of the few true statements in the book.

When Miles published his results (http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MilesManomalousea.pdf), the managers at China Lake were furious with him. They cited his report as the reason to reassign him to a menial job as a stock room clerk, despite the fact that he was a Fellow of the Institute. See pp. 152 - 161:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Fleischmanlettersfroa.pdf

While good studies were attacked and closed down, Kamiokande and other inept studies conducted by people opposed to cold fusion fusion were lavishly funded. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJlessonsfro.pdf

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.