Atom-Ecology

• Thanks this [Nagel paper] might help.

As you see, the signal comes at regular intervals, once a day. If you can trigger the effect at irregular intervals, I think that would rule out cosmic rays as the source of your signal. By "irregular interval" I mean different times of day, separated by hours. Such as 9 a.m. one day, and 4 p.m. the next day. Or, if you can do it, twice the same day.

• As you see, the signal comes at regular intervals, once a day. If you can trigger the effect at irregular intervals, I think that would rule out cosmic rays as the source of your signal. By "irregular interval" I mean different times of day, separated by hours. Such as 9 a.m. one day, and 4 p.m. the next day. Or, if you can do it, twice the same day.

With an earlier experiment we did it 4 or 5 times a day.

• Not GD at all. This is more E-cat like, using methods, furnaces and fuel containment systems developed mainly by Lookingforheat, and fuel prep methods and heating/cooling protocols devised by Russ George. Very much a team effort .

• As you see, the signal comes at regular intervals, once a day. If you can trigger the effect at irregular intervals, I think that would rule out cosmic rays as the source of your signal. By "irregular interval" I mean different times of day, separated by hours. Such as 9 a.m. one day, and 4 p.m. the next day. Or, if you can do it, twice the same day.

The time interval (days) between successive peaks are: 0.97, 1.00, 0.98, 1.01, 0.93

The relatively small width of the peaks should exclude influence from cosmic radiation since if directional would be "visible" during half a day.

Moreover, the last interval is shorter than it should be under this hypothesis.

• The time interval (days) between successive peaks are: 0.97, 1.00, 0.98, 1.01, 0.93

The relatively small width of the peaks should exclude influence from cosmic radiation since if directional would be "visible" during half a day.

Moreover, the last interval is shorter than it should be under this hypothesis.

No one is saying that this is triggered by cosmic fluences, the question was posed to help investigate all possibilities. What do you mean 'small widths', they are hours in duration. The data sample rate is once per second.

• The possible influence by cosmic radiation was suggested by Jed.

Suppose that we have a localized source of cosmic radiation. This source of penetrating radiation would be visible by your test setup during 12 hours assuming that the earth will shield out the source when it is below the horizon. The duration of the peaks is much smaller than 12 hours. Moreover, the existence of such a localized source of cosmic radiation triggering even a simple Geiger counter should certainly have been noted long ago.

To me it seems to be too much of a coincidence that two of the time intervals are very close to 24 hours. But the shorter span of the last interval suggests that we are not seeing a timer at work.

• What does "atom-ecology" mean?

Ecology is defined as the branch of science that deals with the relations of organisms to one another and to their physical surroundings. In this case the 'organisms' are atoms. It is the essence of ecology that there are myriad inter-relationships with complex interacting effects. Ecological complexity is such as to deny simplistic mathematical modelling games common to reductionist thinking. This is the real way of the universe, the ultra-simplified queen of science called 'physics' has always found it impossible to deal with such complex systmems. The great physicist Enrico Fermi responded to a question about the daunting complexity in the atomic particle zoo and replied - "Young man, if I could remember the names of these particles, I would have been a botanist (ecologist)." Cold fusion offers us a rare glimpse into the ecology of atoms, even better it responds to our poking about to tells us even more.

• http://www.ibtimes.com/solar-n…decay-rates-earth-2451096

Solar Neutrinos May Be Affecting Radioactive Decay Rates On Earth

For this particular study, researchers measured decay rates of silicon-32 and chlorine-36 at Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) in New York. Doing so revealed on unexplained fluctuations in the decay rates — ones that the researchers said were caused by the rotation of Sun's radiative zone, which is the region between the core and the convective zone, and of the solar core.

Analysis of 5 years of measurements by the Super-Kamiokande observatory in Japan also revealed similar patterns in the decay and neutrino data.

Being created by particle decay, neutrinos are all left-handed chiral spin particles. It is know that this type of particle spin will influence radioactive decay rates. Solar Neutrinos could be setting up a chiral polarized magnetic field that is affecting weak force activities in this LENR experiment.

• http://www.ibtimes.com/solar-n…decay-rates-earth-2451096

Solar Neutrinos May Be Affecting Radioactive Decay Rates On Earth

For this particular study, researchers measured decay rates of silicon-32 and chlorine-36 at Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) in New York. Doing so revealed on unexplained fluctuations in the decay rates — ones that the researchers said were caused by the rotation of Sun's radiative zone, which is the region between the core and the convective zone, and of the solar core.

Analysis of 5 years of measurements by the Super-Kamiokande observatory in Japan also revealed similar patterns in the decay and neutrino data.

Being created by particle decay, neutrinos are all left-handed chiral spin particles. It is know that this type of particle spin will influence radioactive decay rates. Solar Neutrinos could be setting up a chiral polarized magnetic field that is affecting weak force activities in this LENR experiment.

• Ecology is defined as the branch of science that deals with the relations of organisms to one another and to their physical surroundings. In this case the 'organisms' are atoms. It is the essence of ecology that there are myriad inter-relationships with complex interacting effects. Ecological complexity is such as to deny simplistic mathematical modelling games common to reductionist thinking. This is the real way of the universe, the ultra-simplified queen of science called 'physics' has always found it impossible to deal with such complex systmems. The great physicist Enrico Fermi responded to a question about the daunting complexity in the atomic particle zoo and replied - "Young man, if I could remember the names of these particles, I would have been a botanist (ecologist)." Cold fusion offers us a rare glimpse into the ecology of atoms, even better it responds to our poking about to tells us even more.

Interesting perspective. I would argue with you a bit and propose that simplistic mathematical modelling is a useful tool in studying complexity. Other than that, though, I certainly see that a systems approach to particle physics has promise.

Coincidentally, my training reflects this sort of thinking. I took my BSc at the Institute of Animal Resource Ecology in Vancouver at a time when the members of the institute were pioneering big-data computational approaches for understanding and controlling emergent behaviours in complex systems.

• Interesting perspective. I would argue with you a bit and propose that simplistic mathematical modelling is a useful tool in studying complexity. Other than that, though, I certainly see that a systems approach to particle physics has promise.

Coincidentally, my training reflects this sort of thinking. I took my BSc at the Institute of Animal Resource Ecology in Vancouver at a time when the members of the institute were pioneering big-data computational approaches for understanding and controlling emergent behaviours in complex systems.

I remember assembling stacks of punch cards that were attempts at forest ecosystem models being handed over to the computer office to be put in line for processing.... the horror... Krishna Murti had it right, "one does not catch the unknown in a net of the known", of course my Geiger and other data gathering bits of net are doing a pretty good job catching part of the story/ecology right now but the catch is presenting more and more questions each day as the lovely gammas just won't stop and I am learning the particular tickles that they respond to. I am an atom-ecologist as my father was a nuclear scientist and as a child we used to play hide and seek where the kids hiding carried pieces of uranium ore and the seeker got to use one of the family Geiger counters. Rebelling and becoming a plant ecologist instead of following in his footsteps was to no avail as my fathers nuclear genes and upbringing expressed themselves in me and have forced me to do nuclear science as well.

• The time interval (days) between successive peaks are: 0.97, 1.00, 0.98, 1.01, 0.93

Those peaks are pretty close. Based on that data alone, comparing it to Nagel's data, I do not think we could rule out cosmic radiation as: 1. A trigger; or 2. The cause of an artifact. I think Nagel's data shows that the intervals may be somewhat irregular.

HOWEVER:

With an earlier experiment we did it 4 or 5 times a day.

That rules it out!

• This is a new thread meant to foster sharing of data and ideas on actual physical experiments being performed. Speculation whether they be of models or mysticism ought to find a home on one of the other threads.

For example to climb the learning curve using a 'looking for heat' tube furnace conducted on the lab bench provided to me by Alan Smith I have run a number of experiments with both heavy hydrogen and ordinary hydrogen. The raw Geiger radiation data Alan has posted earlier is interesting in that it is clear I can trigger the radiation emissions that the Geiger faithfully, though generically, logs. Here is the very RAW geiger data one can see some excursions well above the long duration 'background' counts. Given the relative insensitivity of Geigers to gamma (or x-ray) photons the Androcles deuterated fuel mixture is doing something quite extraordinary as there is only a fraction of a gram of fuel mix, about the volume of 5-10 grains of rice. https://www.lenr-forum.com/attachment/5106-andro-may7-pdf/

A parable that might help, 'a mouse in time makes nine.' More on this work on my blog at http://atom-ecology.russgeorge…o-being-at-the-lab-bench/

• http://atom-ecology.russgeorge…o-being-at-the-lab-bench/

The last diagram, "UPDATE 10 May 2018 The Gammas won’t go away" there are six well-defined peaks, one peak per day. The distances between successive peaks correspond to 24 hours plus or minus a couple of percent or so and since the curve is rather jagged this could well mean that the separation is exactly 24 hours.

I say, the first thing on the to-do list is FIND THE CLOCK!

• Absolutely, the search for the clock is afoot... though it is clearly possible to slap the side of the 'clock' and make it tick more or less, predictably depending on the nature of the slap. Rossi you magnificent bastard, I read your book ;) More important

• I am hoping för the experimenter to be a tad less secretive.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride seems to be the age old adage that answers this 'hope'. What more openness do you hope for, within a matter of days of embarking on standing at the lab bench each and every day some remarkable and clearly stated RAW data has been shared on this and other public forums. Plenty of individuals with honest and earnest intentions have introduced themselves in traditional polite fashion and with those, via private dialog, more infomation is being shared with valuable information going both ways. Clearly the information in the public dialog is being added to, never-the-less in this and other public social media forums there is plenty of inuendo being voiced, some by anonymous denizens who refuse to identify themselves, their interests, and their intentions but expecting as voices out of a mob to be heard and respected. Some known individuals with a sorry history, including being banned from such forums for their less than civil manner, remain demanding and vocal. Are there any here who might be considered as competitors who seek to be gifted valuable insights for the price of snide comments? In what venues of science and business are there examples of the details of exciting and important research and development shared to the degree already on display and at this stage of the work as it is in this case?