Atom-Ecology

• In what venus of science and business are there examples of the details of exciting and important research and development shared to the degree already on display and at this stage of the work as it is in this case?

Preliminary results are shared at most large scientific meetings in short talks and posters. Also in grant proposals.

• Preliminary results are shared at most large scientific meetings in short talks and posters. Also in grant proposals.

Don't confuse preliminary with premature. There's a big difference. We have all 3 of us attended many a conference/seminar, and applied for grants. An internet forum is neither of those.

• This is the reactor design we are using currently. The large object protruding from the alumina foam housing is an 'S' type thermocouple in an alumina tube thermowell, held onto this is a bundle of small tubes which contain various items - fuel more thermocouples etc as desired. , The cylinder on the right contains a mica-window pancake detector, pictured out of its housing below. Also shown are details of the loggers, electrical supply panel/thermostats and construction details of these 30x200 mm inside bore reactors. We have not abandoned the model T type, but the current experiments demand a little more internal space than the 18mm OD model T tubes allow.

• BTW, what’s the name of this book (supposingly printed in 2015):

http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/buy-the-book/

How many copies have been sold, and how many people reported to have reproduced cold fusion and have produced heat?

• So you HG Branzell, are refusing to provide references that speak to your own qualifications in science, is that it? Let's have an open discussion here that starts with some requirement for a qualification of those participating... either put up or shut up.

• The further one gets out in front of the pack, the more arrows in their back. RG not only talked the talk like most in the pack do, but walked the walk. In other words...he actually did, and is still doing something. My hats off to those whom get out there and at least try. Same goes to Alan, MFMP, Storms, Miles and a whole host of others, but don't get me started on Lion, me356, Suhas...yet.

Now H-G, what exactly is your slinging arrows expected to accomplish?

I'm sure readers here would be happy to see any links that refers one to read about some of your work in science, would you please provide some?

Completely irrelevant. By your standards, a movie critic would have to be able to direct a film and the only valid art critics would have to be like Picasso.

Anyway, your work was the issue, not Branzell's.

There's often confusion here about this sort of thing. Please argue about the arguments on their merits. Not on who said them. In a forum which allows anonymity, one can not reasonably require documentation of credentials to validate an argument! Anyway, relying on someone's credentials in a scientific discussion of a controversial topic is the logical fallacy of "appeal to authority." Not very useful.

• Anyway, relying on someone's credentials in a scientific discussion of a controversial topic is the logical fallacy of "appeal to authority."

Only if those credentials are not relevant, or not sufficient. If I cite a recognized expert in a discussion, that is not an appeal to authority logical fallacy. It is a valid argument. Weak, but valid. See:

http://www.nizkor.org/features…/appeal-to-authority.html

• Now H-G, what exactly is your slinging arrows expected to accomplish?

RG is insisting that I disclose my scientific credentials. I never claimed to be a scientist whereas RG certainly did. Therefore it is only logical that I request for him to disclose his credentials as a scientist which I hereby do. I have tried myself but failed miserably not because I find nothing but because of what I find.

According to my personal judgement RG's primary activity is to be his own public relations agency to facilitate his "business man" endeavors, like here.

Our consulting services range from scientific technical areas through
    engineering and business planning. Dr. Russ George who is the principal
    scientist and founder is internationally acclaimed as an expert in this field.

Doctor? From the web: "He studied as an undergraduate at the University of Utah but did not complete a degree program."

No, Dr. is probably just the initials from Darcy Russell. Funny way of writing them though.

Let us pick and examine a random flower from the lush flora of RG's scientific achievements: http://atom-ecology.russgeorge…mpact-fluorescent-fusion/

Compact fluorescent fusion

My view is that it is likely that this finding will prove to be of great use in the acceptance and development compact fluorescent cold fusion as a practical, safe and imminent energy source for homes and industry. The fusion proof discovery work with regular CFL’s and it’s shifted mercury isotopes can easily be repeated and expanded.

Sounds like a wonderful prospect doesn't it?

Yeah, tell me at once, where can I invest my retirement savings and my children's college funds in this future trillion dollar industry!! :P

Easy now, I can help you with that.

Good luck with your very own retirement paradise island! And your children's university degrees for that matter.

And why do I care?

I do not like false prophets.

• According to my personal judgement RG's primary activity is to be his own public relations agency to facilitate his "business man" endeavors, like here

This is how trolls work. Searching internet with a name cut & paste and claim....

Russ is retired the H-G reference about Russ is from an business he did 11 years ago... Thus H-G is just telling "troll sense" ...

H-G Branzell : May be you should read first what you post...

• Well, the Compact fluorescent fusion thing is from just four years back.

The offerings to invest in this quackery is still standing as far as I can see.

Perhaps you can be so kind as to test it out for me please? :/

If you need more samples I can provide them for you.

• Meanwhile, the good news is that the Gamma Girls are still performing a daily dance routine. Since the 2nd of April. Very strange:?:

From time to time it is suggested that our Gammas are caused by RFI interacting with the Geiger. Nonsense - if anybody insists show them a clip from this video I made a couple of years back about spark-triggering. Forget the original purpose, just watch at 2.30 how unpeturbed the Geiger is while that 40kv (not 400) spark and a heater coil is close and parallel to the tube. And the Geiger - the same kind we are using now-does not deviate from the normal background.

• Meanwhile, the good news is that the Gamma Girls are still performing a daily dance routine. Since the 2nd of April. Very strange

Alan,

I am a bit confused about this scenario. Perhaps it is that I have not been following it as closely as I should.

Your statement is that the gammas are still seen daily and end with "very strange". I thought that Mr. George had previously stated that the gammas could be "triggered" at will?

So my question for clarification is "Can the gammas be triggered at will, at any time when a known set of parameters are initiated"?

I understand that the underlying cause, may not be well understood, but I thought that the triggering method was being presented as somewhat "100% controlled".

Sort of like, "one may not know every detail of what makes a car engine run, but one can know turning the ignition key will start it at will". Is the "ignition key" known? Is it correct that the gammas can be kick started at will? You can generate the spikes at 8:00 am, or 1:30 pm or even 9:30pm at night if desired? (times approximate)

Or

Is it more, "we run the reactor and at 9:00 and 2:30 we always see a spike in gammas"? (times etc. are for example purposes) That the gamma spikes cannot be created at will, but they simply appear when running the reactor?

I am trying to understand if the gamma spikes are actually controllable or not.

Thank you for the clarification and thank both Mr. George and yourself for sharing the experience.

• I completely agree with Bob . I don't understand why the periodicity of the gamma eruptions is sometimes portrayed as mysterious and sometimes as simply due to Russ George evoking them at the same time each day.

I also don't understand why at one point it was stated that the non-eruption steady-state cpm was at one point said to be above the laboratory background and then later said to be at the same background level as other detecors in the lab but numerically higher due to a larger collector.

• They are both spontaneous, once a day, and can be produced at will by heat-cycling the reactor. But the heat-cycling Gamma bursts often less pronounced and will eventually stop appearing.

So you are correct twice. TBH, we only noticed the pattern of daily events after some days had passed. While the magnitude and duration has varied, they have appeared without exception every day the experiment has run. Meanwhile, the Gamma Spec - delivery of which was promised on Friday and again today is still stuck somewhere in the postal system That would certainly answer a few questions.