Atom-Ecology

• Bruce__H -- for what are verifications? Without knowing how it is working with ability to replicate it it is absolutely useless. You could always make a black box with movable shields inside so it could mimic a gamma bursts.

JohnyFive : "Black box" is just a figure of speech here. I am only using it to mean that the independent laboratory would not examine the fuel pellet beyond measuring the radiation. They wouldn't try to analyze its chemical or isotopic makeup or anything like that. I expect that the fuel pellet would be bare and not actually enclosed in a box.

• JohnyFive : "Black box" is just a figure of speech here. I am only using it to mean that the independent laboratory would not examine the fuel pellet beyond measuring the radiation. They wouldn't try to analyze its chemical or isotopic makeup or anything like that. I expect that the fuel pellet would be bare and not actually enclosed in a box.

Only if the box is at the right temperature would they be guaranteed anything. It may comfort you to know that we are expecting quite a few visitors to check this out before the leaves fall from the trees.

• I would gladly donate 5000 USD if they would share all the details. Of course with a kind of contract. But in other (either) case it is completely the same as sending donation to Rossi.

What I get from what you are saying here is that you consider sending any donation, with or without a contract, as a waste of money. The concept of trust and a vote of confidence and support (nurturing) is found in small donations, such as crowd funding, go fund me, or even political fundraising etc (usually $5 to $50). Why throw down such a gauntlet/challenge/insult? $5000, while it could be considered generous under different terms, is really a paltry sum to build demands upon. Not really enough to do much with. I'm pretty sure, as you should be too (shame on you), that a small donation as a vote of trust, confidence and support is warranted here; not insults and challenges.

On the matter of trust, confidence and support.

Consider the two subsets of those who willingly give such and those who who hardly ever extend such.

When considering this, think of the important people in your life, and those who you view as inconsequential.

Then, think of those people in your life, including yourself, who receive such trust, confidence and support.

Try building on these, no?

To trust, and give sustenance to, a stranger in need is considered to be the ultimate kindness...

Returned a thousand fold.

Examples of this 'return on investment' (an, at times, flawed concept) is found throughout each and every one of our lives and in the inter-woven threads of mythos, religion and history.

• Actually my trust was very strong because of Alan being part of the team.

From the beginning it was presented as that everything will be shared as soon as they will confirm the results.

But since Alan started to use word IP it is quite clear it will not happen anytime soon. So we could wait another years for somebody else. And this will happen again and again. Because money are more important than everything else in our world, sadly.

I am very sorry.

From my understanding Russ is doing this research for very long time and already years ago he found this strange phenomenon. So for me there is no reason to believe something will change in the following years regarding his opinion.

From Russ' Blogpost: Once more lab bench experiments are showing the same result, if they do, it will be time to reveal more on the protocol that triggers the emissions

Please correct me, I wish to be wrong.

• We are only just beginning our own internal replication, so still too early to call it nailed - when working with complex fuels you get complex results. As for sharing, think about the schedule. We only moved into the Lab in March, were ready to start research by month end, built the new reactors and kicked off the first test at the beginning of May. How much faster do you think we should be going? How many 60 hour weeks have you worked recently? As for the question of IP, what is your interest in it? Are you a researcher yourself? Would you like to visit? Who are you anyway?.

• What I get from what you are saying here is that you consider sending any donation, with or without a contract, as a waste of money.

Russ is working hard and one could say he is spending his live for research that otherwise only is done behind closed walls. whether he once gets a payback is not guaranteed, what is true for most involved people in LENR research. Reason: Only unbound (retired) people (age > 60) are free to follow their own will/path.

A reasonable (new) spectrometer starts at 7000 Euros. If you add different windows and detectors then you easily cross the 10k line. This is a lot of money for people just living on an annuity.

I had the same choice. Living for fun or research. Now I have fun with research!

• I am interested in LENR for years and tried several replications. Since our lab is available also for this kind of experiments I can spend time here with trying.

Probably it is equipped better than yours but it still does mean nothing. Yes, I am working 50-70 hours a week usually, for over two decades.

There are many people that can help you. But probably you wish to not involve anybody else even it would mean exponentially faster progress = less work for you.

For example you have MFMP that have a lot experience and can help you in many ways.

So it is quite bad circle.

• For example you have MFMP that have a lot experience and can help you in many ways.

We are in close contact with many established workers in the field including MFMP. We help each other out at times, but I am not aware that MFMP are hugely more knowledgable or capable than we are. But does it not strike you as incongruous that you suggest we are being secretive when we use our real names and have been posting for a long time and you have just popped up using an avatar. As for 'better equipped', please explain how you are so confident about this, and what you mean. Better hardware or bigger brains?

• LF,

That probably would have come out better were English your first language. I am sure you did not mean to ruffle any feathers. Anyways, good to see another interested in LENR, and better yet...doing the work. May I ask if you have had any positive results, and if so, and in the spirit of Open Source, what you attribute it to?

• Maybe you or Russ could at least reveal if deuterium is loaded electrolytically or it is dry cell?

Maybe you or Russ could at least reveal if deuterium is loaded electrolytically or it is dry cell?

Perhaps you could reveal your true identity so that it may be determined to whom the useful information you request be revealed is going. This so that a judgement can be made as to whether you can be trusted. Surely you don't imagine that anonymous nattering in the darkness of 'anti-social media' is going to be taken as an honest and earnest question. Show yourself and your work perhaps you have something worthy to contribute.

• An interesting development is that having posted a complaining response on E-CatWorld showing that the positioning of the latest E-CatWorld Post stating that Rossi has "never detected" radiation was false and misleading , along with a direct quote from Rossi contradicting his present claim of no radiation, followed by many others posting additional direct quotes from Rossi claiming radiation. I am now banned from E-CatWorld. That's an interesting development, I take it as a blessing as it saves me wasting anymore time there proseletyzing there on the virtues of lovely gamma radiation as proof positive of cold fusion being in hand and ready for technological delivery. It suggests that the E-CatWorld forum is yet another black hole of pious fan boyism and thus a plague on the world of science and nature. Perusing internet forums is like being in a Harry Potter movie where one can board magical trains on hidden platforms at Kings Cross station, some of those hidden platforms take you to the Hogwarts Express while others take you to the Troll Line which has more stops and delays than one can count.

• Perhaps you could reveal your true identity so that it may be determined to whom the useful information you request be revealed is going. This so that a judgement can be made as to whether you can be trusted.

I see a problem ... you have misunderstood the nature of this forum. When you answer a question here, the information you post does not go solely to the person who asked it. Instead, THE WHOLE WORLD will see it. Yes, even the lowliest commoner! It's irritating but that is the way it is. So there is no need to agonize over whether JohnyFive in particular can be trusted. I hope that will be a relief to you.

On a happier note ... I notice you have found some time in your busy schedule for writing and responding to questions. Perhaps now you could guide me to which posts on your "atom-ecology" blog contain information about how the ecology part works. Is there a post that takes this on directly?

• So there is no need to agonize over whether JohnyFive in particular can be trusted. I hope that will be a relief to you.

There is precious little agonising going on, however, there is an assymetry of some kind, johnnyFive tells us...

I am interested in LENR for years and tried several replications. Since our lab is available also for this kind of experiments I can spend time here with trying.

Probably it is equipped better than yours but it still does mean nothing. Yes, I am working 50-70 hours a week usually, for over two decades.

..as if to assert a bona fide interest, and asks for more information. Enough to replicate in fact. But despite claiming thousands of hours of lab work over 20 years nothing of substance is offered. He claims his lab is 'better', but declines to say how. I have no problem about asking for information, I even offered him/her a chance to visit the lab, which would cost (probably) a lot less than $5000 in travel expenses, but j5 seems too shy. If that's the problem, email me via the forum, but he has so far chosen not to do so. I suspect he/she is merely (and naturally) curious and has little of value to add to any discussion, but we shall see..

• Russ is no longer banned. I enquired as to why with Frank Acland and he said 'Hi Alan, thanks for letting me know. I checked and it is true he was banned, but unintentionally, and I fixed it. I have written to him explaining.'

• JohnyFive,

Hopefully you did not decide to leave us? Hate to lose a voice, especially one doing the lab work. LF can be a tough place, but far less so than any peer review medium. All for the better I may add, as the push-back here separates the wheat from the chaff -so to speak.

• Might asbestos be a prime LENR material?

On the Cover - Chrysotile asbestos, also known as white asbestos.

Photo illustration by Science Stock Photography/Science Source/C&EN

https://www.med.upenn.edu/asbe…0161128-dl.compressed.pdf

Reaction

▸ Letters to the editor; The article “Cold Fusion Lives On” does readers a disservice when it says that the term “low-energy nuclear reactions” (LENR) is simply a rebranding of the term “cold fusion” (C&EN, Nov. 7, page 34).

Krivit- The distinction is, in fact, crucial because the data, as my book “Hacking the Atom” shows, do not look anything like fusion. They never have.

It was a mistake to label this research “fusion” 27 years ago, and it is a mistake
    to continue doing so.

gbgoblenote- I disagree with Krivit on this but give the man his due. Fusion does, at times, take place within the lattice.

C&EN

Our e-mail address is [email protected].

Our fax number is (202) 872-8727.

Krivit continued... Cold fusion is the incorrect hypothesis of nuclear fusion reactions that occur at or near room temperature. Even Robert Park, a former spokesperson for the American Physical Society, recognized this distinction in 2009 in his newsletter. This year, the Library of Congress recognized the distinction when it created a new subject-matter heading for LENR. Martin Fleischmann, part of the duo who announced fusion in a test tube in 1989, conceded that he and Stanley Pons made a mistake by calling it fusion. Of course, as C&EN found, there are scientists who still believe that LENR might be the result of room-temperature fusion, but science should not cater to believers. Low-energy nuclear reactions most likely are explained by the creation of ultra-low-momentum neutrons followed by subsequent neutron-capture processes, not deuterium-deuterium nuclear fusion.

Regardless of the possible explanation, such experimentally observed phenomena
    are, understandably, difficult for many scientists to accept. For the past 100 years,
    nuclear effects without the use of radioactive sources, high-energy accelerators,
    or nuclear reactors have been considered impossible. Be that as it may, researchers
    have observed isotopic shifts, elemental transmutations, melting of metals, and a
    variety of other anomalies that offer new understanding of nature. In fact, some of
    these anomalies were observed 100 years ago, as my book “Lost History” reveals.
    Beyond the smoke and noise created by hucksters and believers, there is valid
    research and credible data in the LENR field. C&EN would do well to explain the

distinction between the terms and to help its readers see the mystery behind an unfolding new field of science with unknown possibilities. Steven B. Krivit: Publisher, New Energy Times San Rafael , Calif.

• Regarding: "Krivit continued... Cold fusion is the incorrect hypothesis of nuclear fusion reactions that occur at or near room temperature."

The ability for protium to produce fusion reactions ironically shows that the primary LENR reaction is not fusion. Sub-atomic particles like pions and muons can generate a fusion reaction as a secondary LENR reaction byproduct. LENR is a process where nucleons are converted to all sorts of sub atomic particles.

Furthermore, there are plasma based LENR systems that use neither hydrogen nor a solid lattice.

• “We all have a thirst for wonder. It’s a deeply human quality. Science and religion are both bound up with it. What I’m saying is, you don’t have to make stories up, you don’t have to exaggerate. There’s wonder and awe enough in the real world. Nature’s a lot better at inventing wonders than we are.” ― Carl Sagan, Contact

How about them apples. http://atom-ecology.russgeorge…-ecology-and-cold-fusion/

• In the figure marked "Cold Fusion Excess Heat & Gamma Rays", I don't understand what the red trace is. It is apparently the linear superposition of two sine waves of slightly different frequency but is this experimentally measured or somehow modelled? If it is measured, and the gamma counts are also measured at the same time, then why do these two phenomena (excess heat and gamma counts) have so little to do with each other? They seem uncorrelated. What is the cross correlation coefficient?

• I have never understood the circa 24-hour period of the gamma bursts in your preparation. Is there some sort of 24 hour periodicity in the stimulation?

This is reminiscent of the 24 hour solar cycle where solar generated neutrinos modify the activity of the weak force. Those neutrinos are all left handed chiral particles. Being neutrinos, shielding has no impact on this activity.

https://physicsworld.com/a/do-…t-nuclear-decay-on-earth/

Do solar neutrinos affect nuclear decay on Earth?

Neutrinos are away left handed particles.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.g…/Particles/neutrino3.html

This left- handedness will affect nuclear decay rates when the neutrino flux from the Sun passes through the nucleus of a radioactive isotope.