Atom-Ecology

• Might asbestos be a prime LENR material?

On the Cover - Chrysotile asbestos, also known as white asbestos.

Photo illustration by Science Stock Photography/Science Source/C&EN

https://www.med.upenn.edu/asbe…0161128-dl.compressed.pdf

Reaction

▸ Letters to the editor; The article “Cold Fusion Lives On” does readers a disservice when it says that the term “low-energy nuclear reactions” (LENR) is simply a rebranding of the term “cold fusion” (C&EN, Nov. 7, page 34).

Krivit- The distinction is, in fact, crucial because the data, as my book “Hacking the Atom” shows, do not look anything like fusion. They never have.

It was a mistake to label this research “fusion” 27 years ago, and it is a mistake
    to continue doing so.

gbgoblenote- I disagree with Krivit on this but give the man his due. Fusion does, at times, take place within the lattice.

C&EN

Our e-mail address is [email protected].

Our fax number is (202) 872-8727.

Krivit continued... Cold fusion is the incorrect hypothesis of nuclear fusion reactions that occur at or near room temperature. Even Robert Park, a former spokesperson for the American Physical Society, recognized this distinction in 2009 in his newsletter. This year, the Library of Congress recognized the distinction when it created a new subject-matter heading for LENR. Martin Fleischmann, part of the duo who announced fusion in a test tube in 1989, conceded that he and Stanley Pons made a mistake by calling it fusion. Of course, as C&EN found, there are scientists who still believe that LENR might be the result of room-temperature fusion, but science should not cater to believers. Low-energy nuclear reactions most likely are explained by the creation of ultra-low-momentum neutrons followed by subsequent neutron-capture processes, not deuterium-deuterium nuclear fusion.

Regardless of the possible explanation, such experimentally observed phenomena
    are, understandably, difficult for many scientists to accept. For the past 100 years,
    nuclear effects without the use of radioactive sources, high-energy accelerators,
    or nuclear reactors have been considered impossible. Be that as it may, researchers
    have observed isotopic shifts, elemental transmutations, melting of metals, and a
    variety of other anomalies that offer new understanding of nature. In fact, some of
    these anomalies were observed 100 years ago, as my book “Lost History” reveals.
    Beyond the smoke and noise created by hucksters and believers, there is valid
    research and credible data in the LENR field. C&EN would do well to explain the

distinction between the terms and to help its readers see the mystery behind an unfolding new field of science with unknown possibilities. Steven B. Krivit: Publisher, New Energy Times San Rafael , Calif.

• Regarding: "Krivit continued... Cold fusion is the incorrect hypothesis of nuclear fusion reactions that occur at or near room temperature."

The ability for protium to produce fusion reactions ironically shows that the primary LENR reaction is not fusion. Sub-atomic particles like pions and muons can generate a fusion reaction as a secondary LENR reaction byproduct. LENR is a process where nucleons are converted to all sorts of sub atomic particles.

Furthermore, there are plasma based LENR systems that use neither hydrogen nor a solid lattice.

• “We all have a thirst for wonder. It’s a deeply human quality. Science and religion are both bound up with it. What I’m saying is, you don’t have to make stories up, you don’t have to exaggerate. There’s wonder and awe enough in the real world. Nature’s a lot better at inventing wonders than we are.” ― Carl Sagan, Contact

How about them apples. http://atom-ecology.russgeorge…-ecology-and-cold-fusion/

• In the figure marked "Cold Fusion Excess Heat & Gamma Rays", I don't understand what the red trace is. It is apparently the linear superposition of two sine waves of slightly different frequency but is this experimentally measured or somehow modelled? If it is measured, and the gamma counts are also measured at the same time, then why do these two phenomena (excess heat and gamma counts) have so little to do with each other? They seem uncorrelated. What is the cross correlation coefficient?

• I have never understood the circa 24-hour period of the gamma bursts in your preparation. Is there some sort of 24 hour periodicity in the stimulation?

This is reminiscent of the 24 hour solar cycle where solar generated neutrinos modify the activity of the weak force. Those neutrinos are all left handed chiral particles. Being neutrinos, shielding has no impact on this activity.

https://physicsworld.com/a/do-…t-nuclear-decay-on-earth/

Do solar neutrinos affect nuclear decay on Earth?

Neutrinos are away left handed particles.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.g…/Particles/neutrino3.html

This left- handedness will affect nuclear decay rates when the neutrino flux from the Sun passes through the nucleus of a radioactive isotope.

• The rotation of Earth?

The 24 hour variation works against the idea that solar neutrinos are the active agent in variation in the radioactive decay constant. The mass of the earth should have no effect on neutrino flux. The agent that is producing this variation is attenuated by the mass of the earth. Solar flares have been shown to effect the radioactive decay constant greatly.

There is some factor produced by both solar flares and the general solar reaction in general that are influencing the radioactive decay constant. I would venture to guess that this factor is magnetic in nature.

To test this posit, place the LENR reactor in a magnetically shielded box and see if the effect related to a changing radioactive decay constant is eliminated or reduced.

• To test this posit, place the LENR reactor in a magnetically shielded box and see if the effect related to a changing radioactive decay constant is eliminated or reduced.

What shall I do with the large solenoid coils with their associated quite powerful intermittent DC magnetic field that provide the heating system? Inside or outside a box they create a field that (btw) totally overwhelms external fields. It's no good making up experiments unless you think them through.

• What shall I do with the large solenoid coils with their associated quite powerful intermittent DC magnetic field that provide the heating system? Inside or outside a box they create a field that (btw) totally overwhelms external fields. It's no good making up experiments unless you think them through.

And yet you still report a 24 hour variation in radiation intensity. What approach do you beleive will shed light on that issue? Or will you just let things lay as they currently are? Exploring such things might be beyond your ambitions.

It could be that the solar magnetic influence is qualitatively different than the other magnetic sources that the reactor is exposed to.

• The original Androcles is still running -70 days in- and still performing very well - gammas and heat. The next experiment is running, but it's reallytoo early to start discussing data.

I believe that data from the new experiment has already been posted by Mr George on his blog http://atom-ecology.russgeorge…-ecology-and-cold-fusion/

It seems to indicate that gamma counts from two different reactor oscillate in synchrony. Also, gamma-count oscillations occur not at 10 in the morning but at 8 at night. Is this correct? Do you still see gamma burrsting with 24 hour periodicity?

• And yet you still report a 24 hour variation in radiation intensity.

I do? As below.?

We don't understand it either, though we have suspicions which are currently unvalidated. But it is spontaneous when it happens, which is hardly at all now, definitely not caused by anything we were doing to the system.

There are synchronicities, but not tied to a clock hour as far as I can see.,

• I do? As below.?

There are synchronicities, but not tied to a clock hour as far as I can see.,

Are you tracking the solar flare activity of the Sun vis-à-vis the synchronicities that appear in the emission cycles that you observe. Such synchronicities can be determined by accessing resent solar flare histories and matching those time frames up with your data,

image006.jpg

• Are you tracking the solar flare activity of the Sun vis-à-vis the synchronicities that appear in the emission cycles that you observe. Such synchronicities can be determined by accessing resent solar flare histories and matching those time frames up with your data,

image006.jpg

Is there a source/site where one can download such daily solar data for the past couple of months?