ICCF21 Thread

• perhaps somone who was there can enlighten

I viewed Miles' talk more of a historical background talk instead of a "how to make heat" talk. He spent some time talking about China Lake and the "politics" of the situation. It was about work done some time ago.

I do know that several are now working on getting material made (Pd B) and that they want to get it into hands of people to try using it. Also McKubre should be giving a talk at the up coming Italy meeting on the role of B.

• This material is highly unsatisfactory. Perhaps I am missing some context that all at ICCF21 would have, but here is why I say this:

(1) The presentation is about excess power measurements

(2) The precise amount of excess power is headlined and discussed as though it indicates something important about the system

You might want to wait for the paper. Or you can contact Miles and tell him what you think before he writes the paper. He is prompt, unlike most researchers, so he will be writing it soon.

• Well if there is to be a paper I will indeed wait for that.

I can understand that if you accept all the excess heat results as (effectively) necessarily due to a new phenomenon, and know that significant error is very highly unlikely, a talk like that is appropriate, though the lack of a little extra detail is still unfortunate. But few people outside the LENR community would be in that position..

• Official Post

Ruby Carat on Cold Fusion Now publishes presentations of ICCF21, to be completed with time.

See thosepages with summaries, photographies, and already some audio

I imagine Thusrday, Friday will come soon.

all days are listed here

http://coldfusionnow.org/interviews/iccf21/

• Ruby Carat on Cold Fusion Now publishes presentations of ICCF21, to be completed with time.

I imagine Wenesday, Thusrday, Friday will come soon.

Alain

I cannot get Monday link to work.

• Ruby Carat on Cold Fusion Now publishes presentations of ICCF21, to be completed with time.

I imagine Wenesday, Thusrday, Friday will come soon.

Is there a link to the associated slides available yet?

• Official Post

Cold Fusion:Physics/Applications/Measurement -Jean Paul Biberian cryofusion.org - leading physics professor international cold fusion researcher- International conference presentation: http://www.fractalfield.com/2018 latest cold fusion physics- updates, measurements, commercialization- As professsor Jean Paul notes- near the end- he has also considerable expertise in Biological Transmutations. Film courtesy conference co-host Roger Green breakthrough-technologies.com

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

Finished reading Ruby Carat's Thursday recap, and listened to some of Robert Elleson's audio of the presentations. Thank you both for chronicling this for future generations! Good things are happening in LENR land. The field seems to be zeroing in on how best to trigger. Reporting neutrons, gammas, and XH...much of it correlated.

Not sure that renaming LENR to QUeen (Quantum Effect ENergy), is a good idea though. :)

• Official Post

Cold Fusion:Physics/Applications/Measurement -Jean Paul Biberian cryofusion.org - leading physics professor international cold fusion researcher- International conference presentation: http://www.fractalfield.com/2018 latest cold fusion physics- updates, measurements, commercialization- As professsor Jean Paul notes- near the end- he has also considerable expertise in Biological Transmutations. Film courtesy conference co-host Roger Green breakthrough-technologies.com

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rends,

Co-host Roger Green of "Breakthru-Technologies" http://www.breakthru-technologies.com/ ....

was/is? one of Rossi's licensees. I see he is still advertising "Ecat Australia", and the Ecat technology on his Breakthru-Tech website. Interesting he is still in the picture. Looks like he has branched off in new directions also.

• Official Post

I highly recommend taking the 30 minutes to listen to Dr. Storms Friday presentation from Ruby's website. Interesting account of the early years post FP's, and how they first detected Tritium. What then caused them to go underground, right under the noses of the "bureaucrats" at Los Alamos Labs.

More importantly, and fascinating, is what he has to say about the science. His being given some very active Pd by Takahashi, which reminded me of the JM Type A story. How even samples from the same batch can be morphologically different, affecting the XH gain. And how the Pd grows in volume (shortens, but widens) with loading, and how that relates to the robustness of the XH.

Of particular note, starting at 30:00, he talks about seeing low energy photons, and energetic deuterons, but then talks about something of "strange characteristics" he has never seen. He thinks it is very important, and said he has been "loath to publish", but asked the audience to study it, and that he was open to whatever explanation they could think of. In his opinion, this strange radiation could "reveal something very unusual, and important" about the type of nuclear reaction taking place on the surface material.

• How even samples from the same batch can be morphologically different, affecting the XH gain. And how the Pd grows in volume (shortens, but widens) with loading, and how that relates to the robustness of the XH.

It took him about a year to test the Tanaka Precious Metals samples. There were just over 90 samples, as I recall, and he found 3 or 4 that met his requirements. They all produced excess heat. Samples that did not meet the requirements did not produce heat. The requirements and test procedures used to sort the cathodes out are described here:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StormsEhowtoprodu.pdf

It takes a long time to do these procedures manually. About a year, as I said. I believe machines could be devised to speed up the process for laboratory experiments. For commercial production, you would want to manufacture cathodes that fit the requirements in the first place, rather than collecting hundreds of cathodes and winnowing out a few that will work.

The people at the ENEA also did extensive materials research and characterized cathodes that will work.

• [...] Of particular note, starting at 30:00, he talks about seeing low energy photons, and energetic deuterons, but then talks about something of "strange characteristics" he has never seen. He thinks it is very important, and said he has been "loath to publish", but asked the audience to study it, and that he was open to whatever explanation they could think of. In his opinion, this strange radiation could "reveal something very unusual, and important" about the type of nuclear reaction taking place on the surface material.

I took the time to transcribe that part, but I couldn't properly understand a few words.

[25:56] Brian Scanlan then supported me. Brian is a very interesting [?] guy. He made his money and software, but he always wanted to be a physicist. And now that he had the money he could become a physicist so he created a laboratory in the basement of his pool house, it's the only pool house in Greenwich, Connecticut. It's the guy's cold fusion laboratory, actually. Very, very strange. But anyway we worked together very nicely; he had a theory on how this can work and so we worked on that, but one of the experiments we did and he funded was exploring the gas discharge, looking for radiation produced by the discharge. And that was truly extraordinary. And you can see the discharge is here, that's the anode and the cathode; within this shroud of aluminum oxide, and so the discharge takes place right in there. And there whatever ions are produced or whatever ions are injected they are detected by both a Geiger counter and [..?] detector. So I could determine the energy and the characteristics.

[27:25] And that was done because I had the ability to impose various absorbers between the detector and the source and the way of which those absorbers changed the energy and the intensity can reveal the nature of the radiation. The nature of the radiation turned out to be absolutely extraordinary. First of all, we did see photons. Fairly low energy, but not strong enough to get out of the apparatus. But we also saw this behavior, this was verified as energetic deuterons and they come off in... this is the spectrum of energy process intensity, and the ones that had the least intensity—the least energy—have the maximum intensity. And you can see it drops down... these things are very very energetic, we're talking about MeV, these can only be made [?] out of a nuclear reaction.

[28:25] So, these are coming out of some kind of nuclear reaction that is taking place on the surface, but they're coming out with this rather strange characteristic. I could never make sense of it. So, I was loathe to publish it very widely, but maybe some of you have the imagination to figure out what this means, I'll be happy to share the information with you if you can do that, because this is truly unusual, very novel and no doubt reveals something very very important about the nuclear reaction. Well, Brian and I then set about trying to reproduce the Rossi flavor [?]. And we came to the conclusion that Rossi does not use nickel. We tried exploring all kinds of nickel, including the one that he claimed to use, and none of them produced anything, in fact there was no evidence that they could produce anything.

[29:29] What I believe is that Rossi actually used a commercial catalyst, because he was trying to initiate a reaction between gases to make a liquid fuel. You would not have used solid nickel for that purpose. You would have used a nickel-clad catalyst. So I went to the literature and looked about the kind of catalyst that you would apply for that particular reaction, and that's known, and I tried to order some and then saw [..?]. Now, that's maybe coincidental or maybe I just simply bought out all the available catalyst, so it's not available to anybody else. Anyway, Rossi is a strange phenomena, but you have to be incredibly careful in believing and analyzing what he says, because some of it is true and some of it is not true.

• [28:25] ... Well, Brian andI then set about trying to reproduce the Rossi flavor [?]. And we came to theconclusion that Rossi does not use nickel. We tried exploring all kinds ofnickel, including the one that he claimed to use, and none of them producedanything, in fact there was no evidence that they could produce anything.

Wrong conclusion. They didn't use the right nickel, in the proper alloy and correct configuration. They should have tried this one:

http://www.rotfil.com/public/downloads/PDF-CAR-017-E.pdf

The nickel chrome wire wrapped around a magnesium oxide core is situated in the peripheral position, with a very thin compressed insulating layer between wire and sheath. This allows efficacious heat exchange, thus maintaining the temperature of the resistance wire at a much lower level compared to other heating elements were the wire is situated in the center.

Credits:

http://blog.newenergytimes.com…si-device-2/#comment-1569

Steven B. Krivit says:

August 2, 2011 at 00:17

Received via e-mail:

And the cartridge heater has also been identified. It’s a Rotfil S21, 16mm diameter. Photo is on page 1 and details on page 24.
    http://www.rotfil.com/public/downloads/PDF-CAR-017-E.pdf

Cheers
    Malcolm Lear

Position of the cartridge:

Usage: turn on the switch. Wait until the coolant reach the boiling temperature. Find one or more professors who publicly state that the escaping steam is dry.

• Official Post

So, these are coming out of some kindof nuclear reaction that is taking place on the surface, but they're coming outwith this rather strange characteristic. I could never make sense of it. So, Iwas loathe to publish it very widely, but maybe some of you have theimagination to figure out what this means, I'll be happy to share theinformation with you if you can do that, because this is truly unusual, verynovel and no doubt reveals something very very important about the nuclearreaction.

Thank you Can for transcribing. Storms has extensive knowledge of LENR. He has been investigating it for 29 years, both by himself and with others. I would say that if he thinks this "rather strange characteristic" is "truly unusual, very novel, and no doubt reveals something very very important about the nuclear reaction" then others in the field should take notice. Perhaps they have?

Also, reports of "strange radiation" seem to be popping up everywhere lately, and I could not help but wonder if there is a link? Too bad mainstream science is not involved, as it may take their involvement to piece all these seemingly unrelated, strange and unusual effects together...whether what they discover turns out to be an unusual anomaly, or LENR. They *are* seeing something, that is for sure.

It is a hell of a mystery this LENR, so it is understandable why those in the field like Storms call it an addiction.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.