Brillouin Energy Corporation (BEC) updates.

• Official Post

12:20: "McKubre was lured away (from SRI) by Microsoft with big bucks to set up an LENR Research Lab in Lubbock, Texas."

Seahorse Research/Texas Tech are both located in Lubbock.

Michael McKubre retired, AND, was enlisted in the brigade.

Also, SRI has completely closed their materials science division, and many other divisions too. A complete re-structuring - nothing to do with LENR, as I understand it. SRI was supportive of the efforts, though it did wane as funding shrunk. Nevertheless, SRI is a re-structured entity, and not at all the same as it was. Francis Tanzella has some of the equipment in his lab where he is consulting privately. Everybody had to go from SRI because they were closing that division.

• Official Post

Ah. But I wonder if he has this on better authority than I do, or others do. Perhaps he has only heard the rumor. Also, I thought McKubre retired. I don't think he was lured away.

I do not know, however, McKubre is a member of BEC's "Techincal Advisory Board". And yes, they spell "Technical" the way I put it. :) Hopefully SOT does not notice the misspelling, or everytime we talk Brillouin, he will go on and on about it. Back to McKub.... with him being part of BEC, I would think what Godes says is likely not a rumor. No guarantees though.

There is another bit of proof Gates is funding LENR. It is in the IH/Rossi court documents, but I forgot where. Hate when that happens. Darden is talking about other investments in LENR, and mentions Gates, and I believe how much he put into Duncan. I believe Darden and Gates know each other personally.

Add everything up, and I am comfortable saying Gates is funding Duncan and Texas Tech LENR research.

• I inferred from his answer to my question that the failure threshold was told to him by those who would fund manufacturing.

If so, those people are idiots. It is premature to talk about manufacturing. It will cost billions of dollars and take many years to reach the stage at which anything can be manufactured. Godes could earn billions before that point is reached, and a few years after it begins, he could be the richest person on earth.

The present rate at which devices are scrapped, and the present ratio of input to output has no relevance to what can be manufactured after dozens of industrial corporations spend hundreds of billions of dollars developing this machine. And they will spend that kind of money, just as they are now spending that much on hybrid cars, electric cars, self driving cars and artificial intelligence. That is what modern high-technology calls for. If it cost $100 billion to develop cold fusion that will not matter because it will pay back that amount every few months.

Godes talks about the ratio of input to output. A high ratio is needed for practical applications. Assuming this is a cold fusion effect, we can take it for granted that a high ratio is possible. It has been achieved from time to time, more or less by accident. There must be a way to do it. General Electric or Hitachi or someone else will figure out how to do it by the time they spend the first $10 billion on this, just as Google figured out how to make self-driving automobiles that are safer than human driven ones.

Godes and others are thinking on a small scale. A microscopic scale! They do not begin to understand the significance of this technology, the impact it will have, or how much it will cost to develop it. Someone years ago said people such as Godes act as if cold fusion were something like an improved formula for windshield washer fluid, where you might launch a venture by setting up a small plant in Ohio, and cutting some deals with local auto parts stores.

• There is another bit of proof Gates is funding LENR. It is in the IH/Rossi court documents, but I forgot where. Hate when that happens. Darden is talking about other investments in LENR, and mentions Gates, and I believe how much he put into Duncan. I believe Darden and Gates know each other personally.

I have searched occurrences of "Gates" or "Duncan" in the depositions of Darden and JT Vaughn, and also in all docket files in the Darden v Rossi case. No hits yet. Can you suggest some other search terms?

• JedRothwell wrote:

Someone years ago said people such as Godes act as if cold fusion were something like an improved formula for windshield washer fluid, where you might launch a venture by setting up a small plant in Ohio, and cutting some deals with local auto parts stores.

Precisely correct and exactly what scammers classically do because they are appealing to investors who must have money but who can not have enough good sense to detect the scam. As I have said before, depreciating the claim is not proof of scamming but it is one hallmark of a scam. Think back to who has done it.

• Official Post

I see (in the court docket clip above) the mention of the Japanese government LENR program. Which Jed claimed never existed. I'm going to take a little credit for backing the Energy minister into a corner at a reception and explaining to him (at length) why Japan really needed to be putting some serious money into LENR research, he pledged $20M on the spot - at the time I just thought he wanted to get me off his case, perhaps he did - but 6 months later they set up Clean Planet as a quasi-private company, that led to the Tohaku et al collaboration.

• Official Post

I see (in the court docket clip above) the mention of the Japanese government LENR program.

For those interested, here are all the court documents: https://drive.google.com/drive…Ktdce19-wyb1RxOTF6c2NtZkk

That "docket clip" is from #214-35. It has many more interesting tidbits along with that one. In fact, the documents are loaded with good information. Some even a good Rossi fan could use. Speaking of...where are you IH Fanboy?

• Official Post

There are an awful lot of idiots - in fact, many levels of Idiocy. I've been racking my soul to maintain peace and calm while Idiots swirl around me in the maelstrom of Idiocy. Yet, the day goes on, and another, and another, sigh..... I have to now limit my Twitter access where I am confronted with most maddening idiocy.

Please don't think I am going to be defending other people's work every time I do an interview! I am telling what I understand only.

Robert Godes is making heat, and doing what must to keep funding. He is focusing his entire life on the issue of getting that higher ratio for commercial possibilities. If he is thinking "small scale", I can't say. But I say, he is the Inventor, not the Bankster, so it adds nothing to critique his financial acumen. Critique his design, if you must.

And there, I say Robert Godes is not a scammer, as seven of twenty insinuates. He has engineered reactor cores that have been evaluated by top scientists in the field. He has issued two public reports on the findings. They engineered reactor cores to give the same results when swapped out of calorimeters.

Again, I ask, who is doing better? I would like to interview them.

• This has echoes of the "How to convince a skeptic" debate.

It seems like Brillouin have "something". Just like Rossi seemed to have something when the Swedish scientists gave encouraging reviews of his ECat.

Godes is reputable and SRI have provided some level of validation.

Dewey has said good things about Brillouin previously.

The news they have negotiated license agreements is encouraging, but even Rossi can do that.

But accepting they have something there is no evidence they will be able to get it to market. Hopefully they will.

Brillouin have been at this for years and have overpromised before; something about providing power to a native american community, did that ever happen?

So now Brillouin are looking for more investors.

Minimum investment is €24,750.

Well if I was a millionaire I might risk a punt but I'm not so I cannot afford to risk that much. LENR is clearly a high risk area with potentially very high rewards for investors, as Darden will know.

Jed makes has a point, even with the unfortunate invective.

It may indeed take a major entity to get involved willing to invest serious millions or billions before LENR provides a marketable product.

However, from the point of view of saving the planet, it is encouraging that we are starting to see some movement out of the lab and towards the market, but with small scale entities.

Potentially things could suddenly leap forward, but for now its all still under wraps and top secret.

• Official Post

And there, I say Robert Godes is not a scammer, as seven of twenty insinuates. He has engineered reactor cores that have been evaluated by top scientists in the field. He has issued two public reports on the findings. They engineered reactor cores to give the same results when swapped out of calorimeters.

The best way to get criticised in the LENR field is to get some interesting results.

• And we may note some similarities between Brullioun and Rossi:

Both are using Nickel and both are using some secret electric stimulation of the reaction.

The Brullioun system calls it the Q pulse I believe.

So......

1. Are both wrong, just a trick of the mind?

2. Are both scammers?

3. Are Rossi the scam, while Godes are the real deal?

4. Are Godes the scam, while Rossi is real?

5. Or......are both real 😎.??

Pick and choose, time will tell 🤓😏

• I see (in the court docket clip above) the mention of the Japanese government LENR program. Which Jed claimed never existed.

What on earth are you talking about?!? When did I ever say such a thing? It is a matter of public record that the Japanese government funded Takahashi et al. As far as I know, that funding ended in 2017. That is the only thing I might have said about the funding not existing. It did not exist in early 2018. That's what Takahashi reported, and what the Japanese government website said. Maybe that has changed since I last looked.

I'm going to take a little credit for backing the Energy minister into a corner at a reception and explaining to him (at length) why Japan really needed to be putting some serious money into LENR research, he pledged $20M on the spot - at the time I just thought he wanted to get me off his case, perhaps he did - but 6 months later they set up Clean Planet as a quasi-private company, that led to the Tohaku et al collaboration.

There is no government funding in the Tohoku venture. Except insofar as that is a national university. I believe the experiments are in a formerly unused facility. There are many unused facilities in the four national universities I have visited. Their funding and staff have reduced over the last 20 or 30 years. Japanese national universities have always been underfunded, with obsolete equipment, run-down, trashy buildings, and bad food in the student union.

The instruments came from Mitsubishi. The money came from who-knows-where, but there isn't much of it. I very much doubt you cornered any Japanese minister, but if you did, and he "agreed" to fund anything, he was being agreeable. Japanese people tend to do that. It gives Americans the impression they are lying, but I would say that is too strong a word for it. He did not mean it, and there is no funding. A less polite ministry official told Mizuno they will not fund cold fusion because it would disrupt their energy companies. Which is correct, and I am sure that is their actual policy.

• rubycarat wrote:

And there, I say Robert Godes is not a scammer, as seven of twenty insinuates.

I did not say Godes and/or SRI are scammers. And believe me, when I see a for sure scam, I call it out loud and clear. If I understand it right, Brillouin is getting low level results with a system which involves putting in electrical power with pulsed wave forms. This seems to be the key to their success. In systems with such waveforms, it is notoriously easy to mismeasure. Spikey power messes up a lot of instruments. I have no idea if that happens with Brillouin. I am suggesting that perhaps errors are at the core of their seemingly successful results. I have found previous promises and statements from Brillouin to be overoptimistic and sloppy to the point that it is hard to know if they are liars or simply making mistakes. To me, the whole Brillouin proposition is vague. It is certainly not the iron-clad evidence for LENR some people here believe it is. If you doubt me, review old press releases and drawings, for example from Sterling Alan's PES. You can find them using the "wayback machine." https://archive.org/web/ Brillouin's past is not encouraging about their future.

There are an awful lot of idiots - in fact, many levels of Idiocy.

If you are suggesting that skeptics are idiots, please tell me who was right all along about Rossi being a crook and having nothing. Was it them or you? If that wasn't what you meant, what did you mean? Who are the idiots?

A less polite ministry official told Mizuno they will not fund cold fusion because it would disrupt their energy companies. Which is correct, and I am sure that is their actual policy

JedRothwell Hey wot? Do you mean by that that they will not fund cold fusion because their other energy companies would go bust if cold fusion worked? If so, that has to be complete nonsense. No government would reject a vastly better power source to protect existing companies. It would be massively counterproductive. Especially so because other countries and companies would without a doubt discover the method eventually on their own, make patents, and sell devices in the billions as you well know. How about Occam's? They don't fund CF because they don't believe it works or ever worked?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.