Brillouin Energy Corporation (BEC) updates.

• If you are calling me a liar, I expect you to back down on that.

I am saying you did not corner him. You only thought you did. Based on my experience with Japanese bureaucrats, cornering one is about as likely as nailing jello to a tree.

Also, are you sure this was the minister, and not some sub-minister, some other MP, or a high muckety-muck from the ministry? The ministers are busy. As rule, they know nothing about the actual business of the ministry, and they do not show up for work. Except for the Finance and Foreign ministers, based on national news interviews and Sunday morning talk shows, I have the impression they know nothing and care nothing about their departments. They don't know much about energy or technology.

A high muckety-muck from the ministry would know a lot about energy.

• Hey wot? Do you mean by that that they will not fund cold fusion because their other energy companies would go bust if cold fusion worked?

Yup. That's what the man said.

If so, that has to be complete nonsense. No government would reject a vastly better power source to protect existing companies.

You don't know much about governments. Or companies, for that matter. Or commerce, or history. In the 1980s, every major mainframe and minicomputer company rejected microcomputers. That is why they all went out of business, except IBM. IBM almost went out of business by 1990. There are countless other examples of corporations, nations, armies and other institutions acting in ways contrary to their own interests and destroying themselves. See the book "The March of Folly" for examples. In military history, see the British role in the U.S. Revolutionary War, World War I (just about every battle), and the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. If these events do not convince you that institutions are prone to extraordinary stupid and inexplicable behavior, I don't know what would convince you.

• It would surprise you Jed to know how well-connected I am in the LDP. Let's leave it at that.

If you are so well connected, tell us whether Takahashi et al. ever got funded again after 2017. They wouldn't give a clear answer at ICCF-21, in English or Japanese. Did your Minister come up with the $20 million? If so, where is the money? Where is the web site describing this project? The Japanese government does not spend that kind of money secretly. It has to be a matter of public record.

I don't know of any projects in Japan that have been funded on that scale since the 1990s. Or did this happen years ago?

If you are going to "leave it at that," without giving any hint about who this minister is, when this happened, or where the money is, then I am inclined to think you are exaggerating your role and the extent of your connections.

every major mainframe and minicomputer company rejected microcomputers.

You keep using that lame example. Major entities (including a lot of businesses and to a lesser degree universities) rejected mini and later micro computing in the 1960's and 70's because, with rare extremely expensive exceptions. the devices were considered insufficient in power, speed, display and storage technology and were thought to be hard to use, especially for non-programmers. In fact, until the Apple II and the IBM-PC, they were pretty much right. And even those two were extremely limited until vastly improved as new models and peripherals came into use. Who in those days would want to use a mini or micro computer rather than an IBM or CDC or Cray mainframe? And most users (there was no home use) managed the extra costs for the vast perceived benefits.

Even if it went on longer than justified, it's a bad analogy. The demonstration of practical level LENR would revolutionize power and heat generation for hundreds of applications virtually immediately through the modern propagation methods including various types of investors and entrepreneurs. Nobody could slow it appreciably much less prevent it. The only explanation for not encouraging LENR research is that you either don't believe it's practical in the foreseeable future or don't believe it works at all. Or maybe like you said in the case of the inscrutable minister, he just didn't give a sh*t.

• Spikey power messes up a lot of instruments.

Please elaborate..SOT on "messes up a lot"

now which year was your degree in electrical engineering?

BTW your status as resident DOTAI (defender of truth and integrity) is not in danger .

Its going to take Brillouin a while to get up to COP 5... which is economc

But still the December,2018 COP2.0 figures are encouraging.

https://coldfusionnow.org/robe…-cold-fusion-now-podcast/

• You keep using that lame example. Major entities (including a lot of businesses and to a lesser degree universities) reject mini and later micro computing because, with rare extremely expensive exceptions. the devices were considered insufficient in power, speed, display and storage technology and were thought to be hard to use, especially for non-programmers.

Yes, the machines were considered insufficient by the managers at DEC and Data General. Some of those managers told me that, in person, in the early 1980s. By 1990, DEC (the second largest computer company), Data General and every other minicomputer company, Amdel and the mainframe makers were gone. IBM almost went out of business because their managers did not understand microcomputers, despite their success with the IBM PC. See the book "Big Blues."

You are right that is what they thought. But they were wrong, weren't they? PCs and PC-based technology storage technology and distributed processing wiped them out. Programmers (including me) soon made the PCs much easier for non-programmers to use. It was obvious to me we could do that. The technical managers at Data General and DEC did not realize that PCs were rapidly improving and would soon be much easier to use. I thought they were idiots at the time, and I was right. There many idiots in high places then, and now, and I suppose there always will be. As I said, that is why the Japanese government attacked Pearl Harbor in 1941, and why it does not invest in cold fusion today.

Given this history, I do not see why you call this a "lame" example. Are you suggesting those managers were not idiots, and they were in some sense right that the devices were insufficient in power? If that is what you think, you know nothing about computer history from 1980 to 1990.

• Official Post

Jed,

Speaking of boxing into a corner, you have just done exactly that with Alan S. The two of you are at the top of the LENR hierarchy, where reputation is very important. To suggest he is, or might be, exaggerating is a serious accusation, and not something I expected to see from you. Especially with someone who has worked equally hard as you over the years to keep LENR on life support.

FYI, I have gotten to know Alan quite well through our back channel correspondence. He is very well connected in Europe, and I would not question his claiming to be well connected in Japan. In fact, he quietly slipped off to Tokoyo a few months ago for a one week stay. I know he does not go there for the sushi only.

I would ask you to do the right thing, and amend your comments to Alan so as to be less offensive.

• But you would be very wrong.

What you say does not add up. Perhaps I misunderstand.

Are you saying you have some secret connection to Japanese government offices that can spend money off the record? Or that they swore you to secrecy about this $20 million expenditure of public funds? There has to be a Japanese government web site showing the expenditure. As I said, it has to be a matter of public record. It makes no sense that you know about it, but you cannot tell us where it is. If you don't wish to tell us for some reason, you should not have mentioned in the first place.

Unless you are James Bond and this something like the Japanese MI5, your story does not add up. If it is a secret agency, you are indiscreet.

Robert Godes is not a scammer, as seven of twenty insinuates.

Some choice quotes from everyone's favourite forgetful skeptopath:

..."I don't trust Godes or Brillouin as far as I can throw an elephant."

..."I strongly suspect that Godes is much like Rossi and McKubre is completely gullible, and the eventual results will be the same."

..."All they will ever do is gorge themselves on the money of not overbright investors. Exactly like Defkalion and Rossi and probably Brillouin/Godes as well.

..."Brillouin seems to be Defkalion's ghost".

..."Godes is FOS"

• I would ask you to do the right thing, and amend your comments to Alan so as to be less offensive.

I am not being offensive. I am serious. He says a government ministry in Japan spent $20 million. That has to be a matter of public record. Otherwise, someone from the ministry will go to jail when the Japanese mass media finds out. (Such scandals happen several times a year in Japan.)

I am asking him where the public record of this $20 million expenditure is. If he cannot provide it, then either it does not exist, or it is from some hidden agency such as MI5 or the CIA. (I suppose there are such agencies in Japan, although I know nothing about them.)

Maybe this minister told him that recently, and the money has not been appropriated yet. I doubt it ever will be. Takahashi does not communicate with me, but many other people in Japan do. I would probably have heard something.

As I said, as ICCF-21 Takahashi and the others refused to say whether they have been funded after 2017. I take that to mean "no." They were not reticent to say they were funded back in 2017. There was a web site showing the appropriation, which I found immediately with Google. I haven't looked lately. Should I? If Alan will tell us the name of the agency and one or two keywords or the names of recipients, I can find it in an instant.

If this $20 million did not go to Takahashi et al., where did it go? Who got the money? There are no other cold fusion researchers in Japan as far as I know.

If Alan wants us to believe him, it behooves him to provide some particulars so that we can confirm this. If he doesn't wish to be believed, he is insulting himself. I am not insulting him.

I would not question his claiming to be well connected in Japan.

I question his assertion that some agency in Japan spent $20 off the record. That seems to be what he said. Or do I misunderstand?

That is highly unlikely, in my experience. Maybe he meant they will spend it, or they promised to spend it. I am not well connected in Japan, but I have Google alerts in Japanese that would bring this news to me, and I know most Japanese researchers, so if this happened, I would probably know about it.

If this is off-the-record expenditure and Alan will tell me the name of this agency, I will tell some reporters I know. Whoever handed out the money will then be shown on the News 7 national broadcast doing a perp walk, while the police carry out boxes of paper documentation. A ho-hum regular event in the Japanese nightly news. The minister will then be seen bowing, apologizing, and making stupid excuses that no one believes. Why Japanese perps keep boxes of paper documenting their crimes I cannot say, but it seems they do.

• The sparrows tears are smaller and smaller.. both in the US and Japan

https://www.nature.com/news/bu…japan-s-academics-1.22444

Basic groundzero research looks to be extinct inexpensive technology areas.

Its the future funding rather than the past that is the sticking point.

Brillouin's licenses sales seem to be a way to go

but it requires a very energetic sales manager.

- a Korean manufacturer

-large Canadian industrialist

-large manufacturer on Pacific rim?

timemark 5.00 https://coldfusionnow.org/cfnpodcast/

• Official Post

7315-pasted-from-clipboard-png

Jed,

This is my post #87, to which Alan replied. The email is from IH to Woodford Capital, sent in 2016 with a list of promising developments. One of which is Japan government funding of $31 million for LENR researchers. Alan said he may have played a role in triggering the funding, when he cornered the Minister. That is where the $20 mil figure came from.

IMO, there followed some mixed signals, maybe a wrong claim or two, leading to an unfortunate escalation.

Please elaborate..SOT on "messes up a lot"

I guess you've never run a Dremel tool with brushes near a microvoltmeter measuring across a high impedance load. Spikey waveforms in the power input or output and the resultant power mismeasurements have been the reason for the apparent success of some past free energy motors and similar schemes.

• Shane D.

If NASA is resuming LENR research, someone should be able to find that in documentation. NASA has to release its plans and programs to the public in detail unless they are classified. Often, that's done with a program-specific portion of their web site. Who are you citing who allegedly said that, anyway? An unnamed source?

Indeed, IH's Rossi investment is a fine example for others to follow.

• Official Post

Shane D.

If NASA is resuming LENR research, someone should be able to find that in documentation. NASA has to release its plans and programs to the public in detail unless they are classified. Often, that's done with a program-specific portion of their web site. Who are you citing who allegedly said that, anyway? An unnamed source?

Indeed, IH's Rossi investment is a fine example for others to follow.

LOLs. You really do not read anything. For one; we have a dedicated thread here with plans, and "program-specific" NASA documents, released to the public showing they are funding LENR, with GEC as their partner. For two; I did provide the source of the information...you just neglected to read it was IH.

• One of which is Japan government funding of $31 million for LENR researchers.

I.H. published this? This is the first I have seen of it. There is nothing from Google alerts, and no one from Japan mentioned anything about this during ICCF-21.

Perhaps this is a rumor, or a misunderstanding, or it has not happened yet. I doubt it has happened, yet no one mentioned it during the conference.

What is the date of that document? Some of it is old news, such as Indian University announcement. As far as I know, that did not happen. That's what people in India told me.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.