Brillouin Energy Corporation (BEC) updates.

• I dunno. I have electricity in my house, but no gas. I would love a 200% efficient electric heater.

You don't have natural gas? That's unusual. Do you live out in the countryside? People in rural Virginia often have natural gas tanks.

If you live in a mild climate you can have a ~500% efficient electric heater: a heat pump. They are ideal for places like Atlanta, or anywhere in Florida.

• You don't have natural gas? That's unusual. Do you live out in the countryside? People in rural Virginia often have natural gas tanks.

If you live in a mild climate you can have a ~500% efficient electric heater: a heat pump. They are ideal for places like Atlanta, or anywhere in Florida.

natural gas tanks.... strange. I thought they were mostly propane and liguid propan at that. I wouldn't think you could store much natural gas in tanks for household use.

• There is natural gas at the street. Estimates have been done to bring the line to the house, meter install, etc. that are around $5000. This involves digging up a large part of my concrete driveway (extra to repair), among other things. Fireplace, water heater etc are extra.

My house has so many windows and other design issues that a heat pump install is impractical. Several heat pump companies have looked and the options are very awkward.

On the other hand, if it is sunny in the winter, even at -5 C outside, the inside of the house easily reaches 25-30 C from passive solar heating. So often no wood heat is required until night time.

• If a heat pump has a certain efficiency, you can still "amplify" its output if LENR works -- used for heating, anyway. Typical believer BS: talk about application issues before there is decent proof that the stuff even works. And just believe anything the inventors tell you they accomplished without credible, indipendent [sic] proof.

a 200% Mizuno Pd/D2 LENR heater 2KW in 4KW out

If Mizuno could have done that reproducibly and with independent confirmation by a credible testing agency or government lab, the world would be an entirely different place. All the lame excuses for why it's not not withstanding. In other words, it's just a claim. And no, I am not suggesting Mizuno lied or is a con man. I suspect he is overly optimistic and made an error of measurement. If he even made that claim. I don't recall seeing it. And no, I don't know where the technical error was, Jed. We would know if independent tests had been done and properly performed.

• In response to the skepticism about Brillouin's market strategy.

I believe that IH has invested in Brillouin, at least $300,000, so maybe Darden can provide a nudge in the right direction towards market.

Of course they have to get a higher COP first. The fact they are selling licenses suggests they are confident, or maybe not :/

• That's what I meant. Propane gas. Used for space heating, cooking, and so on. Not methane.

Depends on where you are. I have recently been discussing a very large factory project in Myanmar, where there is scant infrastructure, that will be powered by a mix of solar and road-tanker delivered pressurised methane.

• If a heat pump has a certain efficiency, you can still "amplify" its output if LENR works -- used for heating, anyway.

SOT still doesn't get it..is there a parasitic load on his thinking?

If one a use high grade energy supply like mains AC ..240, 100 V whatever

there is no way that any LENR or any "2.0" COP heater is going to compete with a COP 3-4 heat pump.

The only thing that COP 2.0 competes is with a simple resistor type heater..(ignoring capital costs).

Godes talks about spot markets btw COP 2.0 and COP 10.0

but those spots are tiny around COP 2.0.

Godes says that it is at COP 6.0 that LENR becomes competitive to replace his hydronic heating system.

There is no way that either Mizuno or Godes are going to stick COP 2.0 electrical to thermal into their own homes.

But SOT might.. because of his peculiar engineering expertise.

If you, SOT, can't read... listen ONE MINUTE ONLY ... time mark 6.11 -7.11 courtesy of Ruby Carat

• Ruby-Carat-Robert-Godes-Cold-Fusion-Now-020

• COP 2.0 is not economic .. N O T E C O N O M I C.

• Brillouin Energy Awarded Patent For Its Potentially World Changing Fusion Reactor

Hydrogen Hot Tube Boiler System (Photo: Business Wire)

January 31, 2019 08:15 AM Eastern Standard Time

BERKELEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Brillouin Energy Corp., a leading company in the Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) field, announced that it has obtained a significant Patent associated with its design for a potentially world-changing “Hydrogen Hot Tube”, or “HHT™” reactor system from the European Union Patent Office. The Patent, which has been issued for a crucial component of the HHT reactor system, the “Controlled Electron Capture Reaction” (CECR) for “Energy Generation Apparatus and Method”, is dated September 26, 2018.

https://www.businesswire.com/n…lvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Ruby tells that Brillouin is member of GAIN network

https://gain.inl.gov/SiteAsset…on_1%2031%2019.pdf#page=3

https://gain.inl.gov/SitePages/What%20is%20GAIN.aspx

https://gain.inl.gov/SitePages/Industry.aspx

• From the patent

"

[0023] The resulting low-energy neutron has a high cross section of reaction with other H, D, or T nuclei. The formation

of a deuteron from protium releases ∼2.24MeV, the transition of D to T releases ∼6.26Mev and the transition to 4H with

the subsequent β- decay releases ∼22.36MeV. Due to the wave nature of phonons and the associated density function

driving the electron capture the overall momentum of the resulting 4H is low enough that β- is the decay function."

I was wondering if Brilllouin was yoctospeed quick enough to detect 4H in their experiments

from Wikipedia

" with a half-life of about 139 ± 10 yoctoseconds, or (1.39 ± 0.10 × 10−22 seconds).[
    In the 1955 satirical novel The Mouse That Roared, the name quadium was given to the hydrogen-4 isotope

that powered the Q-bomb that the Duchy of Grand Fenwick captured from the United States. "

Two new words for me today -quadium and yocto

Published April 29, 2012 | By jennifer

Achieving successful cold fusion or low energy nuclear reaction is no longer a scientific challenge. Instead as Robert Godes of Brillouin has noted it is basically an engineering problem.

Creating a low energy nuclear reaction in a laboratory environment is the easy part even high school students can do it.

The rest of the article was excuses. And nothing seems to have changed since then. So how's that engineering problem going? Note the other companies mentioned in the article.

http://coldfusion3.com/blog/su…is-an-engineering-problem

• So what? Working at the cutting edge of technology means things go at their own pace. Who can predict what issues might arise that set them back?

Just be grateful they aren't unadventurous types, satisfied to only work on basic tasks, where the answer is obvious and can be easily discovered by simple folk.

...Like calculating the thermal resistance of a diving suit, for instance. Or arriving at the momentous realisation that breathing in gunsmoke isn't the best thing for one's health... ;)

Horses for courses, and all that.

• The rest of the article was excuses. And nothing seems to have changed since then. So how's that engineering problem going? Note the other companies mentioned in the article.

http://coldfusion3.com/blog/su…is-an-engineering-problem

It read reserved and reasonable to me. If I were Godes, or George and read that now (6 years later), I would be happy with what I said back then. Considering their small budget, novelty of the science, their unique approach, they are making solid, steady progress...or at least that is what their latest results show. Remarkable if those numbers hold up, and I cannot see why not. No telling how much further along they would be now, with an unlimited budget, and larger engineering staff.

I never understood though, why they did not team up with a deep pocket, energy based company to more quickly bring it too commercial viability? That is what I would do, but then I am not in Godes shoes. He claims he could be making much more money doing something else, and this is a labor of love. Must be, because it is not easy doing R/D while constantly having to scrounge up money to make payroll.

• I never understood though, why they did not team up with a deep pocket, energy based company to more quickly bring it too commercial viability?

With a COP of 1.5 or so at best the energy based company's were not interested.

Maybe if Godes gets it up to 2.4 ish in the next few months they may be.

Its not just an engineering problem..probably Godes knew that

Its understanding of the basic process.. and knowing what to change to get the COP up.

Now where are those gamma and nuclear isomer measurements??