Brillouin Energy Corporation (BEC) updates.

• It would seem that SOT has spent the last 2-3 weeks doing his usual half-arsed research, trying to justify this statement:

I have found previous promises and statements from Brillouin to be overoptimistic and sloppy to the point that it is hard to know if they are liars or simply making mistakes... ...If you doubt me, review old press releases and drawings, for example from Sterling Alan's PES. Brillouin's past is not encouraging about their future.

He's had to go back through at least 6 years of Brillouin's history... And the unfortunate (but not unprecedented) disaster seen above was the best he could do? Next he'll be claiming they misspelled a word once.

No really.

* Ha, using the search function it seems "SOT" has been making this other argument about a spelling error since July 2015 - And has raised it on almost 10 occasions since - using his various avatars. Likely because its the most compelling argument he could come up with.

Shane, I think Skeptic 3rd Class is way too generous... Should be peelin' potatos. (He can't even spell the word "if" - see three posts above :D). What a joker. Make sure he gets a safety knife.

Potential investors are unlikely to read internet forums.

Dumbest statement you've ever made. Chosen from a wealth of options.

Why else would you bother writing your nonsense at such length, other than to damage Brillouin's prospects. (Or in your twisted and willfully-uninformed way of thinking - to save people from investing in ventures you reflexively deem to be "scams").

Brillouin is a legitimate company with employees, licensees, and investors. They read LF, and Godes/George have even written a few posts here over the years. You tried to smear their reputation by providing a reference you misread, and misinterpreted, that actually was to their benefit. I doubt Brillouin thought I was being patronizing in pointing that out.

Neither did I. I agreed with you. It was the rest of it.

BTW, it's difficult and time consuming to trace what Brillouin claimed and stated in the past because most links are dead. Between Sterling Allan ending up in prison essentially for life, and probably some other people cleaning up, there is little left of their early IMO extravagant claims.

If you are going to try and discredit a person, or company, the least you could do is your homework, and failing to do that... at least man up to the consequences.

But I did! How many mea culpa's do you need? BTW, "man up" is a sexist remark. Remember that the current movement is #metoo.

• BTW, it's difficult and time consuming to trace what Brillouin claimed and stated in the past because most links are dead. Between Sterling Allan ending up in prison essentially for life, and probably some other people cleaning up, there is little left of their early IMO extravagant claims.

Mmm how convenient! Nothing to do with your faulty comprehension or recollection of course. Why not take some of your own advice:

If you doubt me, review old press releases and drawings, for example from Sterling Alan's PES. You can find them using the "wayback machine." https://archive.org/web/ Brillouin's past is not encouraging about their future.

Or did you just make that up?

• 80w measurement error? You really are a plonker Yugo. Sure you didn’t misread it?... Again.

Or maybe you just want some attention? I mean, anyone who’d bother to read either of the SRI report would understand it’s not them claiming it. Saaad.

• 80w measurement error? You really are a plonker Yugo. Sure you didn’t misread it?... Again.

Or maybe you just want some attention? I mean, anyone who’d bother to read either of the SRI report would understand it’s not them claiming it. Saaad.

Brillouin are using a system with high power high frequency pulses in, which has the potential for making errors both due to RFI rectification on TCs, and due to mis-measurement of input power.

If they have such errors, and they are not properly diagnosed, you'd expect "optimisation of error" to lead to graphs such as they have.

Now, all I know is SRI's report. They (I believe) are the third party. They are highly competent in some areas. They also devised the experiment so you would not expect them to find errors in their own work.

I've read their report. There is much that is good, but not clear checking of the (electrical) issues I've outlined above.

I said SRI were highly competent - but not necessarily in electrical areas. Their report on this experiment, which ignored these issues, does not give me any confidence they are so competent.

• Official Post

People who have worked with Fran Tanzella at SRI have described him to me as somebody possessed of amazing technical skills, capable of 'jump starting' and fixing systems in need of repair and to be especially good at operating complex test and measurement equipment, I suspect he could probably manage soldering underwater if required. let alone check for the problems THH mentions.

• That's all very nice and good. I once worked on a project several decades ago when instrumentation was not as sophisticated and computerized as now. It involved measuring a couple of millivolts in a noisy environment. There was also data logging and other functions involved but this is about low level, low frequency voltage measurement. Two sources provided devices to the Navy. One was supplied by a major university research lab and the other by a small private company. The university opted for conventional technology with high impedance inputs. They thought they had properly filtered those inputs but they had not. The second company used an unconventional approach of a low impedance input which was much less sensitive to ambient noise spikes from motors and other nearby gear. They compensated for the low impedance by appropriate calibration using simulated sensors.

The device which disregarded the issue of induced noise from "spikey" power in the lab area, was never stable and adequate and had to be discarded as a failure. There was no time due to project constraints to try debugging it extensively. The device which made every possible effort to screen for and remove stray signals and spikes worked fine from the start.

The university lab did not lack experts. It is not unusual for experts to mismeasure low level signals for whatever reason. Some eventually correct their procedures, some don't. Tanzella may be great and he still could be paying too little attention to possible errors due to noise from the famous HF pulse source employed by Brillouin. Or from other sources. When one gets what one sees as strongly positive results, there is pressure not to question much or make changes.

This is why replication by an independent source using first the same method and later also using different measurement methods and calibrations is desirable before pronouncing that the results indicate an exceedingly important and promise-filled discovery.

I'm with THHuxleynew on this one.

• Official Post

Now, all I know is SRI's report. They (I believe) are the third party. They are highly competent in some areas. They also devised the experiment so you would not expect them to find errors in their own work

In the 2017 testing, they brought in an outside consultant:

"During 2017, the calorimeter design was modified to match the analytical methodology suggested by an

independent commercial third-party reviewer, who is also overseeing their suggested stimulation

and analyses"

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.