Brillouin Energy Corporation (BEC) updates.

• Official Post

Brillouin haven't reported any radiation release from their systems, it would probably be largely absorbed by the Ni hot tube walls - be nice if they could put some X-ray film inside to confirm that this really is a nuclear fusion reaction.

At 23:50 in Godes recent CFN interview: https://coldfusionnow.org/cfnpodcast/ he mentions "X-rays" for the first time I can recall. Says they are thermalized, as you say.

• Come on Huxley, stop piddling around in The First & Second Dumbest Threads In The World, and wrap your intellect around the above conundrum: Why your RFI issue doesn’t also show up on Brillouin’s control reactors?

I mean, it seems a little odd to repeatedly castigate the Swedish crew for refusing to revisit their Lugano efforts, then doing the very same, albeit on a smaller scale, here...

Or some food for thought: Even Mary managed his first ever Mea Culpa recently (admittedly after much prompting and laughter). So really... How hard can it be? ;)

• Another thing-Brillouin are already using Al2O3 which can have the necessary tetragonal crystal structure in its delta form - this may already be imparting additional catalytic activity at the plated Ni-Al203 interface. Better COP may be achieved by experimenting with other transition metal oxides/mixes eg ZrO2 and MnO2.

• he mentions "X-rays" for the first time I can recall.

Perhaps they will incorporate that in their slow neutron theory..

and look into the soft gammas and the isotope/isomer composition more in detail

- of course the Brillouin theory says they don't need to

I sort of switched off when Robert was talking theory..

He realises that maybe its not the best.. but he's boxing on with it for want of anything better.

I was surprised when he said that H4 has a halflife in the millisecond range

cos Wikipedia says yoctosecond... but maybe they are picking up something on their mass specs.?

• (Hey all! I am new to the forum.)

I recently made a small investment in Brillouin (please don't worry about my finances, I only invested an amount I was ready to lose) and had some contact with David Firshein (CFO), Fran Tanzella (formerly from SRI, now an independent consultant and part of their advisory board member) and Cathy Cretsinger (their patent lawyer at Kilpatrick Townsend, also a member of their advisory board).

• I'll start with David Firshein, as he was my first contact and the person with whom I exchanged the most. He was extremely candid about the high-risk nature of an investment in Brillouin. They are still looking for funding (obviously) both in relation to their Series C (which remains open) and their Series D (which recently started). Although I initially contacted them in relation to the Series D, I ended up investing in the Series C as it was still open. On a more personal point, I really appreciated his honesty, especially about the challenges of raising funds in LENR.
    • I then had the opportunity to speak to Fran Tanzella (David Firshein proposed this to me) who presented his research in LENR and his work for Brillouin. While he remained cautious on the ability to turn what they have into a marketable product, he clearly expressed that he has not seen in his years of research in the field anything close to the level of consistency and control Brillouin has over the reactions they are producing. He also explained that the steady progress he has seen in their COP seems to indicate that they are on the right track. You might also be interested to learn that, even if he is confident that their current measurements are correct, they are currently working on a new calorimetry set-up that should convince sceptics that their measurements are not flawed.
    • As I was concerned about SRI closing the department in which Dr. Tanzella worked, I asked if he would be comfortable with me exchanging email with a former colleague of his, preferably someone outside of the LENR "usual suspects". He directed me to his former superior who confirmed to me his credentials and his ethics.
    • Finally, I spoke to Cathy Cretsinger. Being a lawyer myself, it mattered to me to get a feel of her opinion, expecially considering the risk of being scammed. She perfectly understood that and, while remaining very prudent on the technical side, she did assure me that Brillouin is not a fraud.

From all the above (as well as assorted documentation, which showed that all stakeholders in Brillouin have put their money where their mouth is), I was convinced that the people working at Brillouin are sincere and believe in their findings. I was also convinced that they are not incompetent and deluded.

They might be mistaken, of course. Their measurements might be flawed one way or the other. But I decided to bet on the (possibly low) probability that they might really have something, both because the possible return on investment is considerable in such a case (which compensates for the unlikeliness of it all) and because, on a more selfless basis, I have a hard time seeing how mankind is going to solve its current situation without a longshot succeeding.

One major risk remains that they end up dead in the water because of lack of funding. Firshein is working hard to find investors and I hope he finds bigger whales than myself.

I'll be happy to answer any question you may have. I was not asked to sign any NDA so I feel pretty free to talk.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.