Brillouin Energy Corporation (BEC) updates.

Mostly, as Tanzella said at ICCF21, they are working on a new mass-flow calorimetry set-up that they believe would produce results that would be much harder to dismiss than the current complex isoperibolic set-up. It is moving forward and has taken precedence over the isoperibolic set-up, hence the lack of COP announcements.

I'm glad they agree with me about the need for this. :)

I hope they also use refined blanks/controls which rule out any effect of injecting significant power in the form of signals with spikey waveforms (their "Q pulse" or whatever) on instrumentation.

A working boiler would be nice considering how long it has been discussed by Brillouin.

COPs from 1.0 to 2.6 measured increasing with pulse power

Anyone see a problem with this? Question: was calibration performed with the pulse generator running exactly like in an active run? Does the pulse generator provide significant power? What exactly is a Q pulse?

• They need to scale up to larger reactor cores and use a 1:7 Cu/Ni alloy mix and possibly use ZrO2 instead of Al2O3 judging from Takahashi group's recent work using 1 Kg reactor core which released an initial transient 3 kW power. Worth a try maybe? :)

• Robert Godes looking to work with

Australia's one and only nuclear R&D lab, ANSTO.

Maybe they could do "1:7 Cu/Ni alloy mix and possibly use ZrO2"

or something wild like rare earths-hafnium, yttrium, ytterbium.

Australia has a few atoms of these, not just China.

• Official Post

Here is a bizarre video that is a mash-up of a speech at the University of Sidney about Brillouin and an old video about Brillouin.

Not sure if this is some new BEC/University of Sydney collaboration, or simply about a new young physicist giving a speech saying something supportive about LENR research? If the latter (just a speech), I am guessing it was inspired by Godes recent visit to Australia.

• Official Post

Not sure if this is some new BEC/University of Sydney collaboration, or simply about a new young physicist giving a speech saying something supportive about LENR research? If the latter (just a speech), I am guessing it was inspired by Godes recent visit to Australia.

I wish BEC would publish some protocol that others sould replicate. All the LENR company's have the same problem, they claim much, but show nothing. And in the case of BEC I have no doubts they have something, but their reluctance to let others replicate is tiresome.

• I wish BEC would publish some protocol that others sould replicate. All the LENR company's have the same problem, they claim much, but show nothing. And in the case of BEC I have no doubts they have something, but their reluctance to let others replicate is tiresome.

There are two ways to finance research: either public funds, in which case the protocols and results belong to the public, or private funds, in which case the protocols and results belong to the individuals who financed the research. It's as simple as that, and BEC is a private company trying to create a product that will reap profits for those who have invested their own money. To say that its reluctance to scander most of its value by making trade secrets public is tiresome is as nonsensical as saying that the reluctance of Apple to donate all its profits to charity rather than to its shareholders is tiresome.

• Official Post

There are two ways to finance research: either public funds, in which case the protocols and results belong to the public, or private funds, in which case the protocols and results belong to the individuals who financed the research. It's as simple as that, and BEC is a private company trying to create a product that will reap profits for those who have invested their own money. To say that its reluctance to scander most of its value by making trade secrets public is tiresome is as nonsensical as saying that the reluctance of Apple to donate all its profits to charity rather than to its shareholders is tiresome.

I am not asking them to give away their secret, just that they provide enough for independent validation. That would further their position to gain funding for developing a product.

• I am not asking them to give away their secret, just that they provide enough for independent validation. That would further their position to gain funding for developing a product.

Validation of the results is of course the goal. But validation through total replication seems dangerous from a business standpoint.

• Validation of the results is of course the goal. But validation through total replication seems dangerous from a business standpoint.

Only if you have not applied for a patent. If you have applied for a patent, assuming this is a real discovery and it is a valid application, you will be widely replicated after the application is made public. That happens before the patent is granted (if ever). So you might as well help people replicate now. There are benefits to having people replicate. They confirm your claims. There is a problem, too. They may start intensive research and find ways to improve the device before you do. But you will not lose the original intellectual property.

• Official Post

FTR: BEC's Hydrogen Hot Tube (HHT) has been replicated at least twice by SRI. Also, in 2015 Micheal Halem (CEO of LENRInvest) "devised tests" for BEC/SRI to run, and they verified the original results.

I know of those replications but those results have never been publicly available and we know of them via corporative news press releases, and they work as much as the Rowan University did for BLP, to show to potential investors under NDA behind closed doors.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.