Brillouin Energy Corporation (BEC) updates.

• Only if you have not applied for a patent. If you have applied for a patent, assuming this is a real discovery and it is a valid application, you will be widely replicated after the application is made public. That happens before the patent is granted (if ever). So you might as well help people replicate now. There are benefits to having people replicate. They confirm your claims. There is a problem, too. They may start intensive research and find ways to improve the device before you do. But you will not lose the original intellectual property.

Sure but it does not always work that way, and most of the time, if it is possible, you go for a combination of patent and trade secret. You have a patent with the bare minimum in it, and you keep the rest under wrap as a trade secret. This is exactly what Brillouin is doing, as they have obtained patents in all major jurisdictions outside of the US but the content of those patents is not sufficient to allow replication.

FTR: BEC's Hydrogen Hot Tube (HHT) has been replicated at least twice by SRI. Also, in 2015 Micheal Halem (CEO of LENRInvest) "devised tests" for BEC/SRI to run, and they verified the original results.

Problem: Tanzella et. al. are "usual suspects" rather than truly independent verification. I am not familiar with Halem but if he is the CEO of an LENR investment company, I suspect he is usual suspects as well. Want respect: get verification done by a major testing lab or large university department with the appropriately qualified researchers, not those who normally involve themselves in LENR.

• Official Post

Want respect: get verification done by a major testing lab or large university department with the appropriately qualified researchers, not those who normally involve themselves in LENR.

Here's an easy little job for you if you would like to help. Find one that fulfills your criteria (above) prepared to state in writing they will test a cold fusion device.

• Here's an easy little job for you if you would like to help. Find one that fulfills your criteria (above) prepared to state in writing they will test a cold fusion device.

Whether they can find someone or not depends on how persuasive and well laid out their calorimetry data are. And it's not up to me to find someone but as a first go-around, I'd suggest they talk to Earth Tech unless the company has materially changed in the last few years. While a positive result from Earth tech might not be determinative for the target audience of investors they seek, it might be useful to "ladder" up to a better known and more prestigious group.

• Here's an easy little job for you if you would like to help. Find one that fulfills your criteria (above) prepared to state in writing they will test a cold fusion device.

For no money. That's the rub.

Years ago, I heard of a couple of universities that said they would consider establishing a cold fusion research project if someone came up with several million bucks. Academic scientists are strongly opposed to cold fusion and they say it is pathological science and researchers are all criminals and lunatics . . . Until the moment you wave money in their faces. As Stan Szpak said, scientists believe whatever you pay them to believe.

In 1990 some of the world's leading scientists railed against cold fusion and did all they could to stop it, while secretly applying to EPRI for grants to study it. The project director at EPRI told me that.

Earth Tech do not fulfil your criteria. Hal and co have dabbled in cold fusion since the beginning.

Yes but I am not aware that they ever confirmed or claimed they had achieved it. If I am wrong, they are not the right people.

Years ago, I heard of a couple of universities that said they would consider establishing a cold fusion research project

I believe Dr. George Miley mentors some students at UI/UC and they do research on cold fusion. I don't know the funding sources or how official it is.

• Official Post

Episode 75: Blockchain For The Energy Sector – The Hype Meets Reality [Podcast]

Cars are becoming autonomous. Machines are taking over critical roles in the service and manufacturing sectors. So why don’t we hear more about the energy sector embracing the technologies of tomorrow — whether to save money, the planet, or both?

It turns out there are many people talking about blockchain’s potential to disrupt the energy sector — you just need to know where to find them. We were fortunate to track down one blockchain enthusiast within the energy sector, Robert Godes. As the founder, president, and CTO of Brillouin Energy, Godes has a firsthand view of blockchain’s impact on the future of energy.

Tune into today’s episode to hear how Brillouin Energy and their ilk are applying blockchain to energy trading, tracking, and beyond.

About Robert Godes: After 25 years experience as an innovator in identifying and developing various clean technology products, Robert Godes founded Brillouin Energy. He has closely studied and has a deep understanding of applied science, most engineering disciplines, quantum mechanics, general physics, high energy and condensed matter physics, electronics, control systems, programming, and electro chemistry. Mr. Godes holds a B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from Ohio Northern University.

Podcast

https://www.disruptordaily.com…pe-meets-reality-podcast/

• Link: https://michelekearneynuclearw…and-their-low-energy.html

This link was tweeted by Godes, so I assume it's not wildly different to his thinking.

I assume that Walborn is involved with Brillouin. Here's his LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/warrenwalborn/

'18 to 24 months'?

'[...] their Low Energy Nuclear Reaction breakthrough a few months ago'?

What to make of these statements?

• Official Post

Lattice Dilation of Plasma Sprayed Nickel Film Quantified by High Resolution Terahertz Imaging

Featuring BEC

https://crimsonpublishers.com/nrs/pdf/NRS.000545.pdf

Am I right in thinking BEC's old Controlled Electron Capture Reaction (CECR) theory, may soon be replaced by this?

"A natural question is, where is the increased heat coming from in case of the
    Brillouin’s IPB-HHT experiments [2]? The following hypothesis
    seems reasonable. It is the “time-crystal like non-equilibrium”
    process that is driving the energy balance. Time crystals (aka
    space-time crystal), a newer concept, are states of matter whose
    patterns repeat at set intervals of time and space. They are systems
    in which time symmetry is spontaneously broken [17]. A time
    crystal, thus, is a structure that repeats in time, as well as in space.
    A time crystal never reaches thermal equilibrium, as it is a type of
    non-equilibrium matter, a form of matter proposed in 2012"

Tanzella - Page - Godes: Is Neutrino the key?

The key to what?

Are we talking about these neutrinos?

Neutrinos' low mass and neutral charge mean they interact exceedingly weakly with other particles and fields.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino

A particle that interacts so little, it was initially required to go 3km underground to an environment sufficiently quiet to detect it in a giant device?

Reminds me of Steorn claiming that Orbo ran on "dark energy" and Rossi saying that the ecat runs on... whatever his current absurd theory is.

• Official Post

A particle that interacts so little, it was initially required to go 3km underground to an environment sufficiently quiet to detect it in a giant device?

Reminds me of Steorn claiming that Orbo ran on "dark energy" and Rossi saying that the ecat runs on... whatever his current absurd theory is.

From the article:

"neutrinos are considered to be elusive, manifested only in the

most complex experiments on huge installations. The properties of
    neutrinos at very low energies are different from those of “nuclear”
    neutrinos, because, light differs from gamma radiation, and helium
    gas differs from alpha particles"

• Official Post

Parkhomov’s book is soon to be available. As far as I have been able to gather from Bob Greenyer’s comments, as he is in charge of the translation, there is an assortment of neutrinos, some even macroscopic (into the millimeter sizes!), unless I understood it badly. The slow neutrinos do interact with matter.

• Trouble is how do you generate any excess energy

without Lenr? This is a complete turn around for BEC

And I think poorly thought out....such lattice expansion would give only a negligible heat output and only for a very short time, nothing like what they claim. Mentioning Parkhomov neutrino theory is completely irrelevant too. The mind boggles.

• Official Post

I mention the neutrinos only because the idea that neutrinos don’t interact with matter is being challenged by him, and it seems not much people knows about it.

On the other hand, BEC is struggling for mainstream acceptance, and it seems this is the way, and partners, they chose to do so. I am pleased to know that Google seemingly chose a partner to keep funding LENr related research, even if they went on a very exotic (but non controversial) science path.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.