Brillouin Energy Corporation (BEC) updates.

• I have trouble believing this boast. Have you demonstrated this to qualified independent verifiers, or are we supposed to take your word on this? If you could do this on demand, it seems like you would be on the path to a Nobel Prize, like Rossi.

Actually, this is not a boast. This is simply a statement of fact. As you require, the method will be replicated, the results will be published, and will be used to explore LENR. Meanwhile, I'm simply telling you what is happening. Unlike Rossi, I not asking for your money and I'm not asking you to believe anythng. I'm simply giving you factual information. The people whose opinions matter are already involved. As you know, other people, in addition to Rossi, are making this same claim. The only question now is which claim has identified the correct mechanism for causing the effect. Time will tell.

• BEC

Hello, Sir

I've been following you for quite some years, and have gathered some thoughts on how to enhance or attain a better COP that you may have been struggling with. Namely, in one of your previous devices called the "Wet Boiler", I believe that to elicit the CECR phenomenon better, would it be possible to polarize the hydrogen with the nickel alloy that is used as the reactor and then cause a electric pulse to enhance the performance and efficiency of the device?

I also would like to point out that polarization of the H2 in the HHT reactor via CECR process may lead to greater coupling of the electrons between the nickel and hydrogen.

Let me know what the team thinks? I've literally, only been following your device since the opening of this thread and believe that it's not a gimmick to rely on polarization values into the electrically controlled mechanism of inducing LENR in your (preferably) Wet Boiler or even HHT reactor.

• BEC Given PV=nRT I believe the purpose of polarizing the lattice of nickel alloy with the hydrogen would be to then either or both raise the operating T or P in the closed system to raise the amount of atomic transmutation occurring in the lattice while your electric mechanism is eliciting pulses in the lattice.

I hope that all made sense.

Otherwise, I believe a coupling of electron orbital wavefunction values between nickel and hydrogen might assist in a higher COP.

• Who did the test and wrote the report?

The author of the reports name was originally public information, for sure. I'm (out of respect for their obvious wish or need for privacy) not going to say who it was here but I can say they there is zero doubt about their technical ability or their probity.

1. I am unsure what you are referring to in the statement "65Ni was only "discovered" later".
    2. Cerium can not provide any information on radioactive isotopes.
    3. As the binding / nucleon in Ni is > 8MeV the Q-Pulse is unlikely to generate EC in Nickel.
    4. The neutrons formed are EXTREMLY cold. On the order < E-20eV and will not leave the Nickle lattice. They will only interact with the catalyst lattice if the catalyst has been deprived of Hydrogen. Neutrons, when they form are well away from the lattice elements. This is why most researchers agree that you must have hydrogen moving through the lattice, although most don't recognize why that is necessary.
    5. On "63Ni will not produce any gammas?". Never really looked at it as it is not of interest to me but sounds reasonable. I'm an engineer not a scientist. I only study what is necessary to solve problems in designing a product.
  • What we are seeing here does not prove a damn thing about anything. Okay, maybe there is more information in a longer video presentation, or a paper, but this alone tells us nothing.

You could make a brief demo more convincing than this. In this video, there is no way to know whether the input power to the Brillouin gadget produces enough resistance heating to drive the Stirling engine. The gadget could be acting as nothing more than a complicated electric heater. To demonstrate that is not the case, at very least, you would have show the Stirling engine not moving (or barely moving) on top of a resistance heater, and then show it moving with the same input power going into the gadget. That would not be very convincing. There are ways it could be a mistake. But it would be a start.

I do not understand why people do unconvincing demonstrations. It is worse than no demonstration. Arata did something similar to this, with a small thermoelectric gadget driving a small motor. It proved nothing, for the same reason this proves nothing.

I guess you did listen beyond 46 seconds into the video. The important concept of the video is the HHTTM is designed for scalability and easy integration into OEM products. The other part you seem to be missing is that this is not a brief flash in the pan type of reaction or product. It can be turned on up down and off on command.

• In a vacuum.

Use a diamond burr bit to make a tiny hole in an incandescent lamp glass, then see how long the tungsten metal lasts when electricity is applied.

Paradigmnoia , you are talking oxidation (or as colloquialy known "burning") of Tungsten at high temperature, which I agree happens and can be confused with "vaporization".

The controversy arises when Tungsten is exposed to the so called "HHO" or "OHmasa" gas, which is, of course, thought to be rich in Oxygen, but, in a closer look has turned to be rich in OH- and H. The "flame" of this gas, has also, on a closer look, turned out to be not hot at all. I know you disagree with these statements, hence the following paragraph:

A flash "evaporation" (more precisely, an absolutely and very quick, within a frame of video, disspearance) of a Tungsten made Langmuir probe was observed inside a SAFIRE reactor, which operates free from Oxygen and at low pressures (partial vaccum). A much thicker Langmuir probe used to replace the one that dissapeared in a flash, resulted severily damaged under the same conditions, How do you explain that in conventional terms?

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• BEC - How much do we have to invest to qualify? I would very much like to read the redacted report since I have been following your research for many years, however I am a pensioner now (financially challenged). What did you think of my suggestion of replacing protons with deuterons and measuring He4 or tritium release? This is clearly predicted by @Wyttenbach's latest SO(4) new physics theory.

• Use a diamond burr bit to make a tiny hole in an incandescent lamp glass, then see how long the tungsten metal lasts when electricity is applied.

This is what the international light bulb mafia did recommend for all members to guarantee that the live of any tungsten light bulb is limited to 1000 hours. Normal = unfaked tungsten bulbs burn for ever.

Unluckily most countries still agree with the light bulb mafia so there is no English wiki page for it..https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoebuskartell

• Paradigmnoia , you are talking oxidation (or as colloquialy known "burning") of Tungsten at high temperature, which I agree happens and can be confused with "vaporization".

The controversy arises when Tungsten is exposed to the so called "HHO" or "OHmasa" gas, which is, of course, thought to be rich in Oxygen, but, in a closer look has turned to be rich in OH- and H. The "flame" of this gas, has also, on a closer look, turned out to be not hot at all. I know you disagree with these statements, hence the following paragraph:

A flash "evaporation" (more precisely, an absolutely and very quick, within a frame of video, disspearance) of a Tungsten made Langmuir probe was observed inside a SAFIRE reactor, which operates free from Oxygen and at low pressures (partial vaccum). A much thicker Langmuir probe used to replace the one that dissapeared in a flash, resulted severily damaged under the same conditions, How do you explain that in conventional terms?

I think most people are confusing it the other way around. And the flame is super hot. No one will make the video demonstration ‘hand’ out of chicken meat vs flame to demonstrate how hot the ‘HHO’ flame is. (Better than using your actual hand, but for science maybe one hand is worth it, eh?)

Was there any water near the Safire reactor when the W was hot?

1. I am unsure what you are referring to in the statement "65Ni was only "discovered" later".
    2. Cerium can not provide any information on radioactive isotopes.
    3. As the binding / nucleon in Ni is > 8MeV the Q-Pulse is unlikely to generate EC in Nickel.
    4. The neutrons formed are EXTREMLY cold. On the order < E-20eV and will not leave the Nickle lattice. They will only interact with the catalyst lattice if the catalyst has been deprived of Hydrogen. Neutrons, when they form are well away from the lattice elements. This is why most researchers agree that you must have hydrogen moving through the lattice, although most don't recognize why that is necessary.
    5. On "63Ni will not produce any gammas?". Never really looked at it as it is not of interest to me but sounds reasonable. I'm an engineer not a scientist. I only study what is necessary to solve problems in designing a product.

1. You write "There will also be gammas emitted from the decay of 65Ni".

2. But as you predict gammas, you could have measured them.

3. The binding / nucleon is irrelevant factor for predicting EC.

4. Even if the neutrons were cold, they would warm up to thermal energies by collision. At thermal energies, the only way a slow neutron could make protons is via 58Ni+ n -> 58Co+ p +0.401 MeV As I say, the 58Co decays by positron emission and electron capture to 58Fe.

"Neutrons, when they form are well away from the lattice elements." You have provided evidence that neutrons are not forming.

5. I'm surprised you are designing a product. If you are making measurable heat, the expected gammas will be lethal. You will never get a license to sell a nuclear technology when you don't know what the underlying nuclear reactions are.

• I think most people are confusing it the other way around. And the flame is super hot. No one will make the video demonstration ‘hand’ out of chicken meat vs flame to demonstrate how hot the ‘HHO’ flame is. (Better than using your actual hand, but for science maybe one hand is worth it, eh?)

Was there any water near the Safire reactor when the W was hot?

I actually have seen a video (and posted in one thread here, will point it out, if you wish) where a guy claims to have touched the flame (a guy called David Donatelli) while visiting Omasa. He got a “burn” but he said it felt more like an electric shock, and it healed completely in about 2 hours.

About your question regarding the SAFIRE reactor, it tells me you have no idea what the SAFIRE reactor is. It is a sealed chamber which is first emptied completely and then partially loaded with low pressures of gases, mostly H and D. Then a current is passed through the central spheric electrode and it creates plasma double layers. No water inside it or near it, at all.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Just to remember this other hydrogen solution that solves some of the problems of normal hydrogen. This is probably not really hydrogen, but a gaseous form of water that is combustible.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

By the end of the video, Donatelli shows how his finger exposed to the flame of Ohmasa gas flame “healed” in a couple of hours.

Found the post I was mentioning about the “burnt finger” that healed in a couple of hours. It’s mentioned in the final 5 minutes or so.

• I have been following the claims being made by Godes for years with dismay. I agree, he has made excess energy that results from a nuclear process. He has also caused transmutation. BUT, many people have made excess energy and transmutation without applying the current pulses Robert claims are required. So, why are such pulses needed in his case and are not required to cause LENR during the hundreds of other successful efforts? How is it possible for a current pulse to supply the energy and neutrinos required to form a neutron? Why are the neutrons not detected in great numbers as a result of the process? His theory also ignores all other observed behaviors reported by other people.

Nevertheless, he is claiming to have a method that can have economic importance. Personally, I would not invest in a claim unless these questions can be answered. We went down a similar path with Rossi that did not end well. Why would anyone expect this approach would end any better?

On the other hand, I believe the nuclear process requires the formation of a special condition in a material where hydrogen atoms and extra electrons can accumulate in order to create an entirely new kind of nuclear structure. The applied currents would help the required electrons to accumulate. However, these electrons are not making neutrons. Instead, they make what everyone else has detected, i.e. 4He. The transmutation product results when this unusual structure interacts with the surrounding atoms before the final nuclear product is formed. In other words, Godes has identified only part of the answer. The amount of power his method can produce will continue to be limited until he is able to effectively control the creation of the active sites, i.e. the NAE. I hope he would explore this idea before committing to a larger program.

Ed, in response to

1. So, why are such pulses needed in his case and are not required to cause LENR during the hundreds of other successful efforts?
    • No other group in the field has been able to take a catalyst from their lab to another lab and get identical results. Brillouin did that with multiple catalyst rods when we were working with SRI International. The Q-Pulse, along with many other aspects of engineering design, allows this capability.

• I agree with Dr. Storms's NAE concept, but that alone does not teach anyone how to form the NAE or build a commercially valuable device. I am an engineer, not a scientist. If something is not beneficial now, I will tuck it away in my mind, like the NAE concept. Now, NAE is a helpful way of describing things. Sorry it took so long to get there.

1. How is it possible for a current pulse to supply the energy and neutrinos required to form a neutron?
    • LENR is a multi-body effect as accepted by many researchers in the field. You must consider the Hamiltonian for the entire NAE involved in the reaction.

• Phonons are bosons (they can be in the same place at the same time). They also have lifetimes that allow them to accumulate. This is observed in the filament of an incandescent bulb that heats up as the phonon content builds when first turned on until it reaches a steady-state operation. Phonon lifetime also explains how things cool down as the phonons decay/die in the system, even in a vacuum.

• The energy required to effect Electron Capture (EC) is 782KeV. You can say that is not possible, as Rick Whitman of PNNL did when starting our TAP. The problem is, it worked. He simulated confining a proton and electrons in a box on PNNL computers. It results in ultra-cold neutrons, potentially even below 10-50eV. At these extremely low energies, they have incredibly high crosssections. I also worked with Charles Martin to produce a more extensive paper on the subject. See Confinement-Induced-Electron-Capture.pdf
    • If phonons represent all energy in the system and each phonon is 5meV, it would require ~1.6E8 phonons constructively interacting to provide 782KeV. This helps to explain why certain sizes and morphology nanoparticles are more likely to have LENR occur. i.e. they form a NAE. If they are too small, there are not enough lattice elements to accumulate the required energy. Other nonlinear effects also arise from things like the Lennard-Jones potential.

• If the average energy in a system is 35meV (0C), then every element has seven phonons associated with it. If the NAE where the reaction is taking place has 2E7 atoms related to it, then that particle can already have enough energy to run the reaction if they align just right. That is enough energy at 0ºC. As things warm up the number of phonons increases, raising the probability of EC by a proton.

• The neutrino's mass is so tiny that the system will pull the neutrino out of the vacuum.

1. he is claiming to have a method that can have economic importance.
      1. Yes, we are in the final stages of developing a commercially viable catalyst technology. The technology is in a form factor that easily integrates into OEM products.
      2. Subject to funding, we will get this technology market-ready in < 24 months.

1. Personally, I would not invest in a claim unless these questions can be answered. We went down a similar path with Rossi that did not end well. Why would anyone expect this approach would end any better?
      1. The questions are answered in this response. Any potential investor that signs an NDA is welcome to bring whoever they like to talk to and work with us in our lab in Berkeley if they feel the questions are not answered.
      2. Brillouin Energy is a highly open and above-board operation. I genuinely enjoy hosting smart people that ask difficult questions.
      3. Ed, I look forward to discussing this in person at ICCF24 and invite you to see our lab in Berkeley.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.