Brillouin Energy Corporation (BEC) updates.

• http://brillouinenergy.com/wp-…-License-7-2-18-Final.pdf

BERKELEY, CA, July 2, 2018 – Brillouin Energy Corp. (http://brillouinenergy.com), a
    leading company in the low energy nuclear reaction (LENR) field, announced that it has
    secured its second paid commercial license of its CECR technologies. The license was
    sold to a leading industrial group within the Asia-Pacific region. This latest achievement
    marks another significant step in the company's mission to create ultra-clean, low-cost,
    renewable energy products that are capable of producing commercially useful thermal
    energy (heat).
    "This announcement is an important milestone in our quest to deliver world-changing
    ultra-clean, low-cost renewable energy technologies”, said company CEO, Robert W.
    George. “This latest accomplishment further validates the commercial potential of the
    company’s underlying CECR technologies.”
    The new license agreement pays a combination of up front fees plus various royalty
    streams over time. Brillouin will use the immediate revenue to continue development of
    its green energy solutions that original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) can design into
    highly energy efficient products. This in turn brings the company closer to the reality of
    commercial LENR power.
    For more information about Technology Licensing or OEM Partnerships with Brillouin
    Energy Corp., please see http://brillouinenergy.com/opportunity/technology-licensing.

Thoughts?

• A good milestone.

It is time to look for data about the TRL of Brillouin technology, how near it is to market.

They seem to have adopted the KISS approach to LENR. I think they were limited in the past by a low COP but seem to have overcome that issue. I also suspect that they are limited to a lower COP due to not wanting to emit any issues with gamma rays.

I've been rooting for them for a while now and things seem to be working out for them.

I wonder if Japan or China are the parties mentioned.

• Official Post

Good news. For some background, this older interview with BEC's Robert George helps. It is well covered in the thread, so you do not have to listen to the interview itself:

Robert George of Brillouin Interview

Then last year, they were looking for more funding, which I believe they never closed on.

http://ecat.org/2017/brillouin…on-equity-financing-june/

The other license they sold was to an anonymous South Korean company back in 2013. The technology was to be turned over to them, and they were going to figure out how to retrofit it into an existing coal plant, or something similar. Obviously that never happened. Here is a good article about that transaction:

http://coldfusion3.com/blog/br…ing-deal-with-korean-firm

And yes SOT, I know....

• I wonder why anyone thinks that selling a license is evidence of success for a reactor design. Look at how many licenses Roger Green and Andrea Rossi sold and look where they are with their development. All it means to sell a license is that someone wants one. Evidence that a reactor actually works comes only from reliable and credible test results.

• I wonder why anyone thinks that selling a license is evidence of success for a reactor design. Look at how many licenses Roger Green and Andrea Rossi sold and look where they are with their development. All it means to sell a license is that someone wants one. Evidence that a reactor actually works comes only from reliable and credible test results.

I don't think Brillouin deserves to be put in the same category as Rossi or Green...

• Official Post

BEC has been blitzing Twitter "@Brillouin_nrgy", and Facebook "BEC Foundation", for the past month. They're not saying anything noteworthy, just a lot of repetitive, self promotion comments, and a replay of an older video. Anyone aware of something new about to happen? I know in August it looked as if they would be granted a patent, but since then they have been quiet.

• Official Post

Brillouin has upgraded their website, and looks to have added a new advisor or two;

http://brillouinenergy.com/about

Then launched a new round of funding, and opening up to more OEM partnerships:

https://medium.com/brillouin-e…er-revolution-1aadb6cebfa

Power Revolution

Clean energy has become a global imperative impacting all levels of business and society. The need to move beyond a zero-sum approach to energy consumption is uniting consumers, businesses and nations around the world to make more environmentally conscious decisions. While clean technology has come a long way over the past two decades, commercialization efforts have been limited by a lack of incentive to move away from traditional fossil fuels. Paradoxically, a failure to make this pivotal transition could have devastating consequences on the future civilization.

Brillouin Energy has been pioneering clean tech long before it became fashionable and prior to the recent influx of corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts to Wall Street. Backed by 15 years of research and development and including collaboration with the Stanford Research Institute International in California, Brillouin is an innovative clean-tech firm leading the commercialization of low-cost, renewable thermal energy. By utilizing human and environmentally friendly low energy nuclear reactions (LENR), Brillouin is envisioning a world powered by highly efficient, zero-pollution heat source.

Brillouin’s system not only solves all the problems of current nuclear and petroleum-based power generation, but it also offers a competitive advantage over existing renewable energy sources like wind and solar. LENR overcomes these inefficient systems by operating continuously 24/7 without dependence on a large body of water, excessive land or the sun. The outcome is a complete energy system that can be deployed anywhere and produce defined output.

1*FpDFPsZh6l6xqne3ZKeyXA.png

To harness the mainstream adoption of LENR generators, Brillouin Energy has and will license its proprietary Controlled Electron Capture Reaction (CECR) technologies to qualified original equipment manufacturers all over the world. OEMs from Australia, Canada and South Korea are already leveraging this proprietary system by preparing the market for reliable low-cost thermal energy.

Brillouin Energy is expanding its commercialization efforts through a private investment round. Supporters of this project will not only take part in a unique investment opportunity that will allow them to take part in the profits from licensing of this technology. Supporters can also count their contribution as a meaningful cause for the future of humanity.

• Official Post

Checked with "waybackmachine", and looks like they dropped Holden, and picked up Tanzella, and McKubre (LF active member) as new members of their Technical Advisory Board. Good additions to the BEC team. Both of course, are former SRI, and have been linked closely with BEC for several years now.

There are now a 7 members on the board. Probably the most prominent -due his brother, is Carl Page.

• Anyone want to bet nothing proven conclusively in the next five years? Looks to me like a money grab without sufficient evidence, but hey, they forgot to invite me to their demo. You know, the one where they have test experts from Sandia or UL verify that their device really has the Pout>Pin which they claim. (tip of the hat to Roseland67 )

Of course, I don't really know what they have. It amounts to a modest claim using an instrument which relies on point temperature measurements. That's wobbly in my estimation. I hope I'm wrong. That would be much more interesting.

BTW, don't read silly press releases written by publicity freak agents. This is their scientific paper reporting their recent experiments. I hope it gets the close scrutiny from qualified people (other than the "usual suspects") which it deserves:

http://brillouinenergy.com/wp-…/SRI_Technical_Report.pdf

• Official Post

Anyone want to bet nothing proven conclusively in the next five years? Looks to me like a money grab without sufficient evidence, but hey, they forgot to invite me to their demo. You know, the one where they have test experts from Sandia or UL verify that their device really has Pout>Pin (tip of the hat to Roseland67 )

If they had worked with Sandia, you would be saying instead: "You know, the one where they have test experts from SRI, or UL to verify their device". SRI is one of the finest research facilities in the world, and they verified BEC's tech. Be honest, you are never going to be satisfied.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.