Room-Temperature Superconductivity

• The illusion in which you live has nothing to do with reality.

hahaha, LSD ogre has spoken.

The only ones far far far away from reality in this forum is Bianchi, Adrian and You.

• Wyttenbach, please give article references which support this sentence.

Thanks a lot !

There is a lot of literature you can find your-self. But from a physical point of view its is simple to understand. Pressure is a measure of molecular 3D movement + oscillations. In a 1D open cavity there is only one degree of freedom thus the total number of degrees of freedom is reduced from 3 to 1. Of course there are secondary effects and other relevant physics like the vander Vals wavelength/ cavity radius relation etc..

I did look at this two years ago and the calculated effect was large enough to support BEC's in cavities at room temperature.

• The system doesn't look so strange with respect to room temperature superconductivity perspective for me - I'd definitely attempt for its replication. Of course the active ingredient here aren't silver or gold nanoparticles here, but the thin surface layer of silver oxide, silver dioxide in particular. This compound is one of strongest oxidizing agents stable at room temperature and it strongly attracts electrons from outside. These electrons would get tightly packed at the surface of silver nanoparticles, thus leading into superconductivity effect. The fact, that superconductivity observed requires high volume fraction of silver nanoparticles in the resulting mixture (only such a dispersion would form a quasicontinuous phase of silver oxide within resulting mixture) speaks on behalf of this explanation. The gold matrix could be probably replaced by some other free electron rich material, which is stable against oxidation with silver dioxide.

• US patent 4003757 (Lux and Chobanov) describes one method for preparing this oxide (which they incorrectly call Ag(II)-oxide) in a form suitable for batteries and gives the following example:

In 1.5 liters of aqueous solution containing 150 grams of sodium hydroxide, 65 grams of silver powder are suspended with continuous stirring. The silver powder has a density of approximately 1.6 grams per cubic centimeter. Its grain size distribution is: 52% under 10 microns; 33% 10 microns to 30 microns, 15% above 30 microns. The liquid is then heated to about 85° C. Upon reaching this temperature, a total of 200 grams of potassium peroxydisulfate (K2S2O8) in portions of about 40 grams each is added at intervals of, for example, 1 hour. After addition of the final portion of oxidant, stirring is continued for 3 hours. The product is then filtered, washed to free it of alkali substances, dried at a temperature of approximately 80° C and reduced to particle form.

The foregoing yields approximately 73 grams of silver-(I,III)-oxide with more than 95% content of pure silver-(I,III)-oxide. The silver oxide produced is characterized by high thermodynamic stability, low internal discharge and consequent long shelf life. The rate of gas evolution of their products in 18% NaOH is below 1 microliter per gram-hour at room temperature. This stability is attributable to the fact that the process embodying the invention produces single crystals of exceptionally regular shape and monoclinic form.

The superconductivity trick here will be in preparation of this compound in form of thin layers or more preferably needle-like form. The more isn't the better here: the thicker layers of silver monoxide would probably lose their superconductivity fast.

• lack of interest from the side of mainstream (they violate BCS theory)

BCS theory has already been corrected by Hirsch as it only covers 1/2 of the reality.

Much interesting, thanks for sharing. At first sight VO2 has all characteristics required for LENR, I will give it a try.

Vanadium certainly is LENR active, as it has a moderately long living, reasonable low magnetic gamma state. But it needs a strong activation e.g. by 7Li.

• Yes, if anyone please could try VO2 nanotubes!!!

I can’t produce and load them with atomic deuterium myself, don’t have the equipment for it.

The material will be very high loaded and atoms are locked inside the vanadium and can only move in one direction (like seen in lenr reactions).

Think in a magnet field the deuterium can also be activated by Larmor frequency (apply RF energy).

Or maybe load the tubes with a combination of deuterium and tritium, and apply a second Larmor frequency for tritium,…

If lenr exist, it must be possible to see it in this material, it has all the conditions to produce this reaction!

Ron

• could conduct electricity perfectly at temperatures as warm as 110 degrees Fahrenheit.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1807.08572.pdf

Sorry, you need to look more carefully at the article cited. While very remarkable and potentially very useful, the reported superconductivity is still "instrument limited" to a value, near or less than, 10 ^ minus 4 ohm. That is not yet necessarily "perfect" electrical conductivity. The definitive demonstration of the Meissner effect is yet to be reported by Thapa and Pandey .

But even if it were, the transition temperature range reported lies between 236 K and 243 K, this equates to a range of about minus 37 to minus 30 degrees C, which is about minus 34.6 degrees F to minus 22 degrees F. Needless to emphasize, a long thermal distance from plus 110 degrees F (which equals plus 43.33 degrees C).

• I see that toward the end of the article by Thapa and Pandey:

showing superconductive gold / silver "colloid", there IS indeed claimed evidence of the Meissner effect:

"Further, we observed that pellets of suchsamples are significantly diamagnetic (Chi sub nu = minus 0.037) under ambient conditions

(Figure 4d), consistent with the existence of a superconducting state at room temperatures"

[However, "Figure 4d", is unfortuantely not apparent in this transcript]

• Another particularly important feature of the reported near room temperature conductivity in this article by Thapa and Pandey, is that the "fall back" relatively high conventional conductivity of this material. Many, if not most, superconductors become substantially electrically resistant in a failure of say refrigeration or if they happen to exceed an ambient or self-induced threshold magnetic field strength.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.