LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• I understand your remarks Jed, now, several things.

For example an old city as Paris, is organized as a fractal, with a real center, so as you well explained, difficult to carry all workers in the same time in a small working area.

However we have city trains (RER) to carry people from external corona up to the center. We should remove these dirty trains to recover lines then adding way for self car/bus as explained earlier.

it's different in US because Cities are organized as a network better to circulate.

Also, don't minimize how a self car network will be faster because no stop needed, no traffic light needed.

Jurg's is doing an interesting model with his donuts atom.. Now, i'm very angry about him because never he was able to explain why nature needs this kind of shape..

Now, if we try a comparison with these 2 topics, we well understand if too many "things"( energy) have to stay in the same place, it will better to enlarge this place and leave empty the center..

This is the case of Paris, for example, where most of people are moving for work inside 2 separated points of the external corona ( banlieue).

About US side, we should need a road reorganization as done Baron Haussman at Paris.

To finish about Jurg's donuts he should ask himself to better understand his donuts shape represents only a truth at a certain point in the universe history... Probably this shape evolved with time, because rules evolved too..

• Tarun Narayan, one of the Google Inc cold fusion patent inventors...

US10566094B2 - Enhanced electron screening through plasmon oscillations - Google Patents

He has been working on an advanced battery patent close by in Fremont CA, for Antora Inc.

System and Method for a Solid-State Thermal Battery US20210143446A1 Tarun Narayan Antora Energy, Inc.

US Patent Application for SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR A SOLID-STATE THERMAL BATTERY Patent Application (Application #20210143446 issued May 13, 2021) - Justia Patents Search

A solid-state thermal battery system is disclosed herein. The system includes a stationary thermal storage medium that can be charged by adding heat to the thermal storage medium. Actuated heat engines can be utilized to discharge the solid-state thermal battery, converting the heat stored in...

Seems these product development efforts were concurrent with the work done for the Google LENR patent development project. Leads me to believe Antora Inc. has known of Google's efforts for some time. I could be wrong.

Sometimes I assert the world will need more batteries when GEC and Leonardo Corporation products enter the market, not less, I could be wrong.

Anyways, keeping me eyes on Antora.

Phase Change

Cyclotron Road

Backstories: Antora Energy

The story of how this startup was born, the path it is making for a cleaner electric grid, and why it’s already a Cyclotron Road success story.

Mary Catherine O'Connor Feb 26, 2019

Article -

Backstories: Antora Energy
    Antora Energy already represents a Cyclotron Road success story: It’s a merger of two different projects within our program.
    medium.com

Founders

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• We should remove these dirty trains to recover lines then adding way for self car/bus as explained earlier.

The trains are dirty? Do you mean they pollute? Aren't they electric?

If you mean they are untidy inside, they should be cleaned. I hope robots can do that soon.

Also, don't minimize how a self car network will be faster because no stop needed, no traffic light needed.

I do not see how that could work! Of course they have to stop. They cannot just keep travelling. Inertia would make that very dangerous if two cars approached the intersection at right angles. One would have to stop. In practice, they both have to stop.

In Atlanta, when the power fails and traffic lights are off, drivers must treat all traffic lights as stop signs in both directions. In other words, everyone has to stop, and then take their turn to go, one car at a time. That works surprisingly well, as long as everyone follows the rules. It is a little tricky turning in front of oncoming traffic. I guess it would work with self-driving cars even better, because they all follow the rules. A mix of self-driving and human driving cars would be problematic. However, even with this arrangement, all cars have to stop, and overall it takes longer than it does with a working traffic light.

it's different in US because Cities are organized as a network better to circulate.

U.S. and British subway systems are organized to move the largest number of people from home to office in the shortest time. Over the most travelled path, they are fast and efficient, but when you go somewhere off this path, for example crosstown in Manhattan, they are slow and inconvenient. Routes are duplicated in a way that seems irrational, especially in New York City. The subway routes are organic, like the roads in Boston which evolved from ancient trails made by animals and by cow herders. The subway in Paris is designed more rationally. It allows anyone to go anywhere, but it is not optimized for the largest number of people at rush hour. One author who described this said the difference is reflected in the philosophies of Hume versus Descartes. The broader traditions in engineering and design also reflect this difference between organic trial and error versus a carefully thought-out, rational design.

Products such as Microsoft Windows are in the British/American tradition of organic build and then modify, add on and add on again. It is a confusing mess, with bits and pieces left over from the original PC DOS, which was a confusing mess based on an earlier pre-PC operating system. It is a mess but on the other hand it is very capable and covers a broad range of users and applications. Mac architecture is more Cartesian.

• If someone else would like to figure out what the heck an electric car "MPGe" means, please do so. I have a feeling I misinterpreted it again. I cannot find an authoritative description. Some of the descriptions talk about energy "from the plug" meaning delivered electric power, I suppose. Not primary energy.

Anyway, I do not think the additional electric power (should really be called "energy") will be a problem, but I would like to put a number on it. Things like this bug me.

• Well Jed,

Yes i said about city trains they became dirty fortunately the Covid generated a miracle, companies have had to spend money now for cleaning.. A very big improvement !

Next you said that a mix of self-driving and human driving cars would be problematic, fully agree.

In fact companies spend money today to imagine the future electric cars, self cars too.

Now, no one spend time, try to create scenarii for the necessary transition state ..

If should be a lot of business in this way.

i won't spend too much time on metro cases , however what i can say, if this one at London appears very clean, especially compared to the Paris one, dirty and smelling bad.

Best in Europa i used, Lisboa, London, Vienna, Bruxelles.

Your remark about Microsoft, quickly i just have to say, years after years this cash machine only changes some colors.. nothing more.. fuck !

Recently i bought a Mac air 2015 largely enough for 400 euros, a good deal.

• Cargo drones will remove semis from interstate freeways, the long haul truckers. The FAA is tasked with envisioning safe routes between metropolitan regions. Emminent domain will be applied to remove underlying residences and businesses for safety. The UAV Challenge is meeting milestones. Energetics will increase it's pace.

Almost all self driving technologies can be applied for autonomous flight. Autonomous flight is already well developed in a small application set.

The safety margin between vehicles on roads is horrible compared to those which can be maintained in airways.

It is the stated goal to do away with roadways altogether.

The last person alive who lived before the Model A hit the scene is no longer with us. No one who remembers a world without cars is around anymore. Will it be two generations before no one remembers a world with cars?

Or just one?

Rapid? Not too.

• The FAA is tasked with envisioning safe routes between metropolitan regions. Emminent domain will be applied to remove underlying residences and businesses for safety.

What?!? Why would residences and business be removed??? Are these things going to fly 10 feet off the ground?? I assume they will fly thousands of feet off the ground, far above any building. Does this mean they will be so unreliable they will fall out of the sky onto houses on a regular basis, so houses should be removed? If they are that unreliable no one will use them. Think of the cost of lost freight, never mind lawsuits.

This statement makes no sense to me.

• Climeon with geothermal .. successful in several countries

maybe later with LENR..? for David N

Swedish Climeon to collaborate with NZ-based geothermal minerals firm Geo40
    Climeon collaborates with New Zealand-based geothermal minerals firm Geo40 to capture valuable minerals and increase the geothermal electricity production in a…
    www.thinkgeoenergy.com

I wasn't aware that Sweden was a leading geothermal utilizer

Going deep in Sweden
    The part played by Comacchio in Sweden's plans for deep geothermal energy production
    www.geodrillinginternational.com

• Star Trek Science.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Interesting concept!

That's one of my favorite lines, from the movie "IQ," about Einstein. Einstein says it in this clip, at 1:40. I'll bet he would say that! This is a realistic portrait of Scientists I Have Known. Other great lines in this clip: "He doesn't look like a scientist." "And now, this is a tie. This is to hold up your pants."

External Content www.youtube.com

• Cargo drones will remove semis from interstate freeways, the long haul truckers. The FAA is tasked with envisioning safe routes between metropolitan regions. Emminent domain will be applied to remove underlying residences and businesses for safety.

The FAA Unmanned Aircraft Site is at
    https://www.faa.gov/uas/

Their main "Advanced" page concentrates on small-package drones

https://www.faa.gov/uas/advanc…s/package_delivery_drone/ .. a 3-year pilot program has been renewed as the "beyond" program.

BEYOND

"Cargo Drones" is a cooperation between FAA and NASA Urban Air Mobility

Urban Air Mobility and Advanced Air Mobility

Their main document is at https://nari.arc.nasa.gov/site…ments/UAM_ConOps_v1.0.pdf

They have specific UAM corridors .. over various types of terrains (airports to suburbs to cities), but I don't see any mention of physically clearing the land beneath them.

• "Emminent domain -remove underlying residences and businesses for safety.'

yup, they just change the timing of a traffic light and jam the road up with cars in the area to get approval.

no need to ask for anything. they just add the drone tech to the road bill,

• PATENT-PROTECTED TECHNOLOGY MAKES FAST CHARGING FASTER BY MORE THAN 60%

It generally takes around 30 minutes to an hour to fast-charge an electric vehicle – much longer than the refuelling time for petrol or diesel cars. Additionally, charging times for cordless power tools is hindering productivity for tradesmen.

Moreover, during battery manufacturing, cells must go through a time-consuming – and thus costly – charge/discharge process before they are able to be dispatched to module assembly lines. This formation and aging process currently takes over 250 hours, representing an estimated 30% of manufacturing costs.

The challenge is to reduce the charging times of all Li-ion battery processes but particularly motorway recharging, cell manufacturing and for power tools.

The novel MagLiB technology invented at UCL by Dr Tom Heenan, Dr Chun Tan, Professor Paul Shearing and Professor Dan Brett exposes an operational cell to a patent-protected device producing a dynamic magnetic field. This allows a higher average electrical current to be used during charging, which reduces the charging time whilst maintaining the cell’s energy and power density (and hence EV range and acceleration) and battery lifetime.

Patent-protected technology makes fast charging faster by more than 60% – The Faraday Institution

• PATENT-PROTECTED TECHNOLOGY MAKES FAST CHARGING FASTER BY MORE THAN 60%

Originally the concept of electric cars has been built on stations where you exchange the battery. But as the public/governments is traditionally largely payed by the car mafia (Germany/USA) they allow all car makers to develop their own solution. Just think about what would happen if each gasoline car would use it's own fuel mixture??

A free market never did lead to better solutions as historically there never have been free markets....

• Electric cars and batteries: how will the world produce enough?
    Reducing the use of scarce metals — and recycling them — will be key to the world’s transition to electric vehicles.
    www.nature.com

The age of the electric car is upon us. Earlier this year, the US automobile giant General Motors announced that it aims to stop selling petrol-powered and diesel models by 2035. Audi, based in Germany, plans to stop producing such vehicles by 2033. Many other automotive multinationals have issued similar road maps. Suddenly, major carmakers’ foot-dragging on electrifying their fleets is turning into a rush for the exit.

The electrification of personal mobility is picking up speed in a way that even its most ardent proponents might not have dreamt of just a few years ago. In many countries, government mandates will accelerate change. But even without new policies or regulations, half of global passenger-vehicle sales in 2035 will be electric, according to the BloombergNEF (BNEF) consultancy in London.

This massive industrial conversion marks a “shift from a fuel-intensive to a material-intensive energy system”, declared the International Energy Agency (IEA) in May1. In the coming decades, hundreds of millions of vehicles will hit the roads, carrying massive batteries inside them (see ‘Going electric’). And each of those batteries will contain tens of kilograms of materials that have yet to be mined.

• Update Hot Fusion.

Helion Energy Says It Will Offer the World's First Commercial Fusion Power
    Helion plans to provide the first commercially viable nuclear fusion power! There remain obstacles, but zero-carbon energy is too promising to ignore.
    interestingengineering.com

Laser Fusion.

With a powerful laser blast, scientists near a nuclear fusion milestone
    A National Ignition Facility experiment spawned nuclear fusion reactions that released nearly as much energy as was used to ignite them.
    www.sciencenews.org

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.