LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• Official Post

Maybe I am seeing things, but the sky sure seems clearer, the air fresher, and the ocean prettier since we shut down much of the economy. Maybe this will give the world a taste of what things could be like if we only we could prove LENR beyond a shadow of a doubt. Give people some incentive to take it more seriously. Yeah I know, I'm dreaming, but hey, what else is there to do?.

I live close to the 'London Approach' flight path. One busier days in the summer you can sometimes see as many as 5 planes stacked up waiting to land. Not at the moment - the sky here hasn't been so empty since 9/11.

• Here is energy news from Georgia. This is the end of coal.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state…a/Hed9P3UpfNBZhktBkiMxaL/

Quote:

State EPD closes book on proposed coal plant in Middle Georgia

By Nedra Rhone, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

State environmental officials have denied a request to extend the construction date for what was believed to have been the last proposed coal plant in the nation.

Plant Washington was conceived in 2008 by Power4Georgians, a now-defunct consortium of electric membership corporations (EMCs). But approvals for the plant, which would have been located in Sandersville, dragged on as cost estimates ballooned, the organizer was indicted for fraud, and environmental advocates ramped up pressure to prevent such a significant investment in coal just as the industry was in decline.

In a March 6 letter addressed to Power4Georgians — most recently headed by former Georgia Board of Regents member Dean Alford — the state Environmental Protection Division denied an April 2016 request to extend the plant’s construction permit. The project had been dormant for several years, and the letter represents the paperwork to officially close the file, said Kevin Chambers, spokesman for the EPD. The permit revocation is final, and a new permit application would be required for any future project, he said.

“I am thankful for the EPD’s decision so we can move on from this outdated and unnecessary project,” said Katherine Cummings, a member of the Washington County-based Fall-line Alliance for a Clean Environment (FACE) and a longtime critic of the 12-year-old project. “Plant Washington posed a threat to family budgets, community health, and natural resources in and beyond Middle Georgia. It’s certainly a moment of closure and relief that this polluting giant will never be built.” . . .

• Official Post

This latest documentary by Micheal Moore is about alternative, so called renewable, energy, and was supposed to be commercially released. Thanks to COVID, it is free as of Earth Day (22 Apr). If I had to sum it up, I would say that the hopes and dreams of the green movement, meet the dirty reality. Although I think it is too negative, it nonetheless is very sobering, and something to watch all the way through while sheltering in place:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

This latest documentary by Micheal Moore is about alternative, so called renewable, energy, and was supposed to be commercially released. Although I think it is too negative, it nonetheless is very sobering, and something to watch all the way through while sheltering in place:

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media

I just watched this whole movie, and I'm too devastated to say anything. It's a negative portrait alright, one that matches what is at stake. The sad part is, we're out of time, the damage is already piled up exponentially. I can only hope cold fusion comes through soon.

• Here is Ted talk from last year that also exposes the renewals fraud. Why renewables can’t save the planet | Michael Shellenberger | TEDxDanubia

The problem is disasters like the Chernobyl plant or worse the Fukushima disaster raise the specter of a global worst case. http://azoilgas.com/wp-content…ction-Slocum-20151003.pdf Nuclear waste is a very serious issue. If we want safe nuclear power, we need to move beyond fission very quickly.

I believe cold fusion is a done deal. It happens but the outcome is surprisingly without the massive expectation of photonic energy. This not an error. Rather, we should have confidence in thermodynamics; that energy does not disappear. In which case, endothermic reactions happen in cold fusion which produce fuel. Once we master the use of the cold fusion produced fuel, we will have more energy that we could use in a 1000 years. We can restore the environment and expand to new frontiers.

For those of you who haven't heard the argument for cold fusion as a done deal. Let me refresh the ideal. In resonance, the magnitude of the electric and magnetic fields can change but the sum of energy would be constant given no resistance or reactance. Hence, a change in the state of an atom which converts some of the electric field to a magnetic field would lead to colder fusion because it reduces the magnitude of the electric repulsion between fusing nuclei. The shift from electric to magnetic energy is via relativity and done with a electric dipole in the nucleus. Given the magnetic fields are strong enough, atoms each with a giant nuclear dipole resonance are predicted to magnetically bond: magnecules. In the following reference, one assumes magnecules and then proves colder fusion happens. You can skip reading it all. Go right to the tables. Table one converts the before and after reaction data from a ppm basis to a nucleon-ppm basis and provides the reaction change. Table two balances out the known chemical reactions to leave a reaction change (nuclear). In Table three the change is converted back to ppm (atom basis) and the standard method of stoichiometry is applied. Table four looks for a second reaction. Tables five and six show the data derived balanced nuclear reactions. That is a proof nuclear reactions supported by high accuracy and precision of the data. Reading the whole patent answers many more questions.

https://patentimages.storage.g…ade2b/US20180322974A1.pdf

No argument, regardless of it's strength is settled by words on the internet. We can argue if the above explanation of cold fusion applies to BLP results, Safire project or your favorite LENR research. But is doesn't matter, because philosophy looks for truth and history shows that truths will converge. Each improvement in heat yield by which ever group effort can also be viewed as better mastery of the cold fusion fuel. For all our sakes, let hope we cooperate on research sooner than later.

• Here is Ted talk from last year that also exposes the renewals fraud. Why renewables can’t save the planet | Michael Shellenberger | TEDxDanubia

The problem is disasters like the Chernobyl plant or worse the Fukushima disaster raise the specter of a global worst case. http://azoilgas.com/wp-content…ction-Slocum-20151003.pdf Nuclear waste is a very serious issue. If we want safe nuclear power, we need to move beyond fission very quickly.

OR,

Continue fissioning just find a safer use for the radioactive byproduct possibly reducing it into non-radioactive or certainly much less so

• Official Post

I just watched this whole movie, and I'm too devastated to say anything. It's a negative portrait alright, one that matches what is at stake. The sad part is, we're out of time, the damage is already piled up exponentially. I can only hope cold fusion comes through soon.

This doc is so sad that it is hard to watch. It gets a little news-room investigation-y deep in, I wonder if some information could be presented simultaneously, another way, and make it a little shorter. The ending will make you cry, and wonder how humans can act so cruelly.

It kills the wind power solution by comparing the short life-span for turbines (twenty-thirty-years), together with the need for petroleum/fossil fool-based energy for manufacture with the catastrophic ecological devastation of installation.

The petroleium-based mining and manufacturing of solar panels, coupled with their short life-span, doesn't make it worth the large areas needed to be cleared of any and all life that lives there. After a couple decades of profits, the area is a dead zone.

Bio-mass plants are shown to be burning everything from tire chips and whole trees -especially killed to provide power- for a really short duration of time, like maybe it was hours of power.

A few leaders of the environmental movement are profiled as a sample of the hypocrisy involved in the renewable energy movement, trading tracts of Earth for funding from people who cut it down. People who work in these industries don't like the movie for what it says. But you can't argue with the underlying facts.

There is a discussion guide https://planetofthehumans.com/…Film-Discussion-Guide.pdf on the Planet of Humans website https://planetofthehumans.com/ that you can do with your kids or anyone which says:

Be the activist: If scientists are correct that we have less than a decade before it’s

really too late to do anything to turn around the climate disaster, what must be done

TODAY? If all options were available to us, what would be the most important first step

toward acting on climate change?

It is a big set-up for cold fusion and that should be Jeff gibbs/michael moore's next movie! Be sure to contact him!

The guide also says at the end:

Be the filmmaker: (this suggestion is best for film-focused high school or

college classes): You are an intern given a grant to work on this hypothetical film.

Create your Documentary Idea Board for "Planet of The Humans: The Sequel." Get

to work!

A. First question : Who is your potential or targeted audience?

B. Next question: What would be the important message to have in a follow-up

film? List three key messages you would want to get across.

C. Storyboard: develop a brief (bullet point) outline of a potential narrative that

would tie together your three key messages in a compelling way

● Annotate your outline with a few ideas of sources that you would need to

develop this storyline -- e.g., need to pull form archival footage, interview

expert on X, etc.

D. Your pitch to a film director: Pull everything together to make a compelling

pitch to a film director to convince them to take on your sequel to Planet of the

Humans . Make sure to include the societal importance of the film and why you

believe it needs to be made.

I will do that.

• The petroleium-based mining and manufacturing of solar panels, coupled with their short life-span, doesn't make it worth the large areas needed to be cleared of any and all life that lives there.

SUNPOWER USA gives you a 30 year guarantee for energy production above 80% of initial power. If the movie reference the cheap Chinese rubbish modules that last half as long and deliver at most 80% after 20 years with 15% less efficiency then OK...

The energy content of a solar panel is just a few months equivalent of its energy production. (New perovskite based cells will soon be more than dirt cheap.)

Wind power today is by far the most cost efficient form to produce electric energy. Only e.g. the corrupt UK ruling mafia did prefer a Chinese nuclear power plant deal for an at least three times as expensive power base than offshore wind from Wales would cost.

I do not recommend to listen more than 10 minutes to any youtube video. People that are not able to give first the key points in condensed form only want to influence you. Oh yes: one dead eagle.... (That of course lives 10 miles offshore...)

France has clean energy ==> this guy is a corrupt idiot. Germany pays more for renewables ! This was a political trick to give money to right wing voters = small house owner... The guaranteed pay back on investment for them was 12% later for about one years even 20% when panel prizes did drop. This has nothing to do with renewables. All systems are corrupt.

The real problem is building heat and traffic energy! But this is pure politics. Isolation saves you a factor 6 of total building energy. Electric cars do use at most 1/3 of gasoline equivalent energy.

But electric cars do need almost no maintenance. They consist of less than half the number parts of a conventional car. In total you only need 30% of the current labor force for building/maintaining electric cars total live cycle.

(There is no need for: Complex motor, Starter, Lightmachine, Oilpump, Turbo charger, fuel injection, gears/automatic, fuel lines/tank, 4 wheel motion mechanics. Obviously an electric car just contains 4 electro motors - combined with brakes-recuperation an accumulator + electronics and a climate engine and some small gadgets.

• The objective implied in this thread is to move away from environmentally unfriendly energy generation technologies. So likely move away from fission. Move away from the environmental and terror hazards of current fission technology. Surprisingly, these deficiencies can be removed and fission can approach renewable.

https://www.lanl.gov/discover/…5-RefuelingTheReactor.pdf

Could this technology merge with that of BLP? The instrument and heat transfer technology developed for the one may apply to the other. Both technologies will be running a current through a molten liquid. Wouldn't it be wild if by aerating and agitating hydrogen in a MSR it began to produce more heat than the thermodynamics of nuclear breeding justified. An then, when investigated, one could back out the fissionable fuel and still get heat enough to generate power. That is a possibility based on equations for colder fusion.

• We should all be riding around on glorified golf carts or milk floats rather than aiming for high performance teslas. Dyson was going to do this but unfortunately gave up on the idea. Then there's push bikes which we can all be re- educated to use after the lock down. For heating, sustainable willow copicing, convert unused aircraft into trailer homes and wine turbines. Keep a few but actively discourage any unnecessary flights (weren't they mostly unnecessary anyway?), commuter train bus or car journeys and there you have it. We work from home as much as possible as we do now in the lock down and look forward to a naturally shrinking economy and lifestyle designed for living rather than economic expansion.and profit. Or to back to what we were doing before and face extinction at the end of this century. Population reduction is paramount too and seems to be happening naturally in the developed world without having to resort to Utopia tactics.

• The objective implied in this thread is to move away from environmentally unfriendly energy generation technologies. So likely move away from fission. Move away from the environmental and terror hazards of current fission technology. Surprisingly, these deficiencies can be removed and fission can approach renewable.

https://www.lanl.gov/discover/…5-RefuelingTheReactor.pdf

Could this technology merge with that of BLP? The instrument and heat transfer technology developed for the one may apply to the other. Both technologies will be running a current through a molten liquid. Wouldn't it be wild if by aerating and agitating hydrogen in a MSR it began to produce more heat than the thermodynamics of nuclear breeding justified. An then, when investigated, one could back out the fissionable fuel and still get heat enough to generate power. That is a possibility based on equations for colder fusion.

That molten salt technology for fission reaction looks promising.

Just before the high current, SunCell type of reaction, Mills had his molten salt CIHT cell which produced electricity directly. But the stacked cells were large and the energy return too low.

• Goodafternoon did I post about alternative energy storage and transportation means before posting a link here. Found some interesting articles about using metal powders and such to boost renewable energy. That would then be recycled cause the products are recyclable and solid. Would work with fission MSR plants and solar power as a base load! The metal would be combusted in external combustion engines or in high energy recyclable metal batteries. This setup would also conseptually and practically bring us closer to these amazing denser sources.

Hydrogen fossil fuels and recharchable batteries have their flaws but powdered metals have a benifits of both.

That molten salt technology for fission reaction looks promising.

Just before the high current, SunCell type of reaction, Mills had his molten salt CIHT cell which produced electricity directly. But the stacked cells were large and the energy return too low.

Molten metal and/or molten salt based alternate hydrogen phenomina research with electric discharges would prove interesting. If the metal or metal desolved in a molten salt is already molten you don't have to worry about a structural integrity. MHD power conversion and solar salt thermal energy transport are made possible with higher temp.

• Official Post

Hi Max.

That is very much a niche technology as it uses gallium/aluminum alloys. The price of gallium btw is very high indeed. That's why I developed a 'no gallium system' where you can also recover high purity aluiminium oxide after making the hydrogen. And the hydrogen is always pure and the Aloxite is of a very interesting type- no matter what the input is - old cans, machining scraps. Also, the energy balance is very positive (COP30+) and it is a very green way of turning the least desirable and hardest to re-smelt kinds of scrap into aloxite- which is a valuable raw material with hundreds of uses.

• It's very interesting that aluminum dissolved in gallium has the property that it can reduce water so readily, releasing H2.

I suppose afterwards they separate the aluminum oxide from the gallium, electrically reduce the aluminum oxide, and add it back to the gallium.

niche technology? Last time I estimated how much aluminum would be needed in circulation to replace oil, the numbers weren't encouraging.

As long as the "aluminum in circulation" does not get into the air we breath or water we drink. Al3+ accumulation in tissues - and it likes the brain - is nasty stuff.

• Official Post

Hi Max.

That is very much a niche technology as it uses gallium/aluminum alloys. The price of gallium btw is very high indeed. That's why I developed a 'no gallium system' where you can also recover high purity aluiminium oxide after making the hydrogen. And the hydrogen is always pure and the Aloxite is of a very interesting type- no matter what the input is - old cans, machining scraps. Also, the energy balance is very positive (COP30+) and it is a very green way of turning the least desirable and hardest to re-smelt kinds of scrap into aloxite- which is a valuable raw material with hundreds of uses.

maybe gallium is there to skip steps to deal with oxide layer? Not sure how much is needed, maybe traces.
    Mark U water can be used in closed loop

I love the idea of having some energy-dense medium to organize a cycle [energy rich area]-> transportation-> [consumer] -> [recycled material] -> [energy rich area] Why?

- it can give a boos remote places rich in solar and hydro energy but not developed currently due to cost of transmission lines and energy storage capacity

- the aluminum here solves the storage problem, pretty much as oil reservoirs do

- the energy cycle should be loved by industrial and transportation giants

- subject to calculations, this method of storing/transporting energy from places where it is abundant can be orders of magnitude cheaper than building battery storage and transmission lines, or transporting batteries to the source and back. Australia comes to mind which could benefit the most.

Currently it looks like that hydrogen is loosing popularity among car manufacturers due to advances in batteries but slowly gaining traction in trucking.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.