LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• Another bit of advice for Boris, we dont owe the EU a penny. Why should we give them anything when all they've done is prevaricate. Pull out now or answer them at the end of a gun Maggie would not have stood for this rambling on. Leave it today Prime Minister just tell them all to get stuffed.

• . How many men do we have in the British Army now? How long would it take to seal off our borders and isolate as a country from the rest of europe and avoid their chaos? How many men in the RAF? I can fly a jet fighter if you let me take any Russian planes down, they've been probing our shores for too long, secretly probing our defenses. But give me a Vulcan bomber any day.

• "Renewables" need oversized grid, because they must be balanced with fossils at massive scale, but 50% green tax for already high electricity price is simply way too much.

on the contrary.

Renewables result in distributed generation which is better for stability and backup than having a few large power stations.

And as I stated the "Green tax" you claim was only 9% on Power in 2016 and is no being faced out to ZERO in 2022.

• I found an amazing wind generator made by TESUP on E bay producing 2 kW at low wind speeds, far better than solar panels. Produces AC power which can be converted to DC for battery charging. What do other members think of this? I could just stick in in the back garden without any panning permission?

Please note that you need 15 m/s wind speed to get 2KW from this one.

At 7 m/s you only get 500 Watt, i.e. just slightly more than one solar panel.

How often do you have 15 m/s wind speed? Not often.

• Sorry alan it just makes my blood boil. After whats happened to the Cornish fishermen. Yes it would not stand out or need planning permission Rosanna who's the boss here asked me to sort it out for her so that would cost about £5000 for 20 kW? Seems like not a bad deal. So I will order one today and give it a test.

• Sorry alan it just makes my blood boil. After whats happened to the Cornish fishermen. Yes it would not stand out or need planning permission Rosanna who's the boss here asked me to sort it out for her so that would cost about £5000 for 20 kW? Seems like not a bad deal. So I will order one today and give it a test.

Dont order before you check your wind resources, Ref . my previous message.

• See for example: New Clues to Deep Earthquake Mystery and links therein.

Lets face it (and who should know better than just regular visitors of LENR forum?) our epoch is specific by the fact, every breaking insight of finding will upset really large number of people who are profiting from status quo and who plan to profit even more - in this way or another. These people indeed existed from times of Galileo, but they never got so influential. I'm not judging it - I'm just describing our dystopian situation: our evolution is predestined to stop on behalf of majority of people in similar way, like from certain moment the evolution of Universe doesn't favour formation of small bodies: the large objects will merely drag their matter from smaller less "successful" ones.

• We have 30 mph wind speeds up here most of the time approaching full gale force sometimes of 90 mph. So I could just put them on the ground. No towers necessary because rising from the west there is a higher windspeed closer to the ground as it comes up the cliffs. From the east is more problematic. It looks such a nice design. I will do more research into it then before ordering one 1 mph = 0.447 m/s, so should be giving 2kW most of the time. Ideal? if I put it on a pole it would probably blown down, and we have to try and keep them out of view because this is an area of outstanding natural beauty with appropriate planning restrictions.

Renewables result in distributed generation which is better for stability and backup than having a few large power stations.

Sometimes, a Greener Grid Means a 40,000% Spike in Power Prices
    - this doesn't look too much like stability and balancing - but exactly the opposite, huh?

Unfortunately this would be true only when we would connect then into grid at planetary scale. Until it happen, one still needs to compensate production during night and winter (and calm/cloudy weather, etc.) by production of fossil fuel plants. These fluctuations therefore involve whole national grid and distribution won't help there very much - it actually makes situation worse as majority of solar/wind plants don't work in island regime. That's why you need to spend 75% of electricity price in Denmark to infrastructure (and Denmark is still net importer of energy). I'm not judging it - I'm just describing it and explaining, why it is so.

Renewables Threaten German Economy & Energy Supply, McKinsey Warns, What happens with German renewables in the dead of winter?

• BTW if you have capacity and money for building of wind or solar plant in island regime and you can even utilize governmental subsidizes for it, then my only recommendation is: just do it. You cannot expect profit from your investments under present stage of technology - but it would give you reserve in the times of blackouts and similar national-wide catastrophes. It's never bad to make reserves, but present grid of "revenables" doesn't make any reserves - it merely utilizes infrastructure of fossil etc plants as a reserve.

• Got it, I'll ask a local farmer if he can put big lumps of granite in front of the field about 3-4 m high which should get a better windspeed and would look far better than your usual wind generator. Better ask for planning first tho with the council.. Looks better than a field of solar panels!:)

• Official Post

Klaus Stanjek: Energy “Saving” Lamps = Energy Wasting Lamps A Research on the ecological overall balance of the so-called energy saving lamps on behalf of Greenpeace/ Hamburg.

This is a 20 year old document, and it shows. For a start CF lighting has been obsolete in my house (and in the street lights locally) for years. We run on LED's these days.

• Sorry alan it just makes my blood boil. After whats happened to the Cornish fishermen.

Do you really change your live (Brexit) to help the few surviving fisherman that still are able to find some fish?? Fish disappeared because of to many fisherman using to advanced technology. You should start to learn the rules of the political emotions game...

it actually makes situation worse as majority of solar/wind plants don't work in island regime.

All new off shore wind farms use DC current lines. thus absolute no problem...

Local production avoids 20% of the grid loss. The ideal mix is water electrolysis combined with fuel cells as Japan does. Clever people innovate others just collect bad news...

One real Zeus for you!

ZEUS3.0 Wind Turbine (Made in Europe)

• Official Post

They beat diesel! "At US$0.11 per kWh, the utility-scale solar-plus-storage system provides energy significantly below the cost of diesel "
    How credible is this projection compare to what you rejected coming from Zephir_AWT ? Surely Germany could use Hawaiian model. We all want to see more sandy beaches in Europe instead of smoke stacks.

• They beat diesel! "At US$0.11 per kWh, the utility-scale solar-plus-storage system provides energy significantly below the cost of diesel "

Diesel and other petroleum generators produce less than 1% of U.S. electricity: https://www.eia.gov/energyexpl…electricity-in-the-us.php

However, Diesel is used in places where other sources are not available, such as remote islands or for peak power in rural Virginia. In other words, in niche markets. Utility plus solar may still be too expensive in most markets, but it is competitive in these niche markets when it replaces Diesel. This is an example of how a technology begins in specialized niche markets, improves, and then begins to invade other, broader markets. This is described in the book "The Innovator's Dilemma," which I highly recommend.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.