LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• They beat diesel! "At US$0.11 per kWh, the utility-scale solar-plus-storage system provides energy significantly below the cost of diesel "
    How credible is this projection compare to what you rejected coming from Zephir_AWT ? Surely Germany could use Hawaiian model. We all want to see more sandy beaches in Europe instead of smoke stacks.

Credible projection ?

This is in Operation now, So the data is real.

Solar + storage PEAKER plants is probably a surprise for some 😉

AND: the clue is free fuel and much lower OPEX.

• I put some time in playing with solar panels on my camper , Did a video so I could remember everything, so not to make the mistakes twice.

It was frustrating with all the work involved what I learned..

Seems we just need to sit back and wait for the needed information, you know what they say, if you did not get it on tape it did not happen.

• And the point being??

Your last article said Lead acid batteries and likely faulty ground the cause.

So what?

Accidents happen.

In Norway a large airport garage catched fire last year with hundreds of cars destroyed. Many shouted electric car as the cause since 20% or more was electric.

The truth was a family coming home from vacation and tried to start their diesel car. They had to flee as smoke and flames came out of the engine compartment.

And the fact is that electric cars burn less than IC cars.

Same with grid storage. It's relative safe, just as nuclear power stations are relative safe.

• Zinc probably burns in a much more interesting way as well? As a metal does it have the dense hydride bonding or catalyzing properties?

• Official Post

And the point being??

Is that was is now collectively called as 'renewables' is not feasible in its current form and leads to the increased cost of electricity for everyone.

If common sense was prevailing over romantic environmentalist sentiments we should be relying more on traditional sources.

When jumping to concussions we should be ignoring success stories from places not representing typical case. Hawaii, Switzerland, Denmark etc. all nice but not transferable.

• Good question. How many data points they use for the projection? One? The article title should begin with be 'Stars are pointing ....

Forget to add Tesla battery in Australia.

You misunderstand the article.

First The historic cost of diesel generators was well known from years of Operation.

The Solar + storage was a private financed project with long term PPA contract.

PPA means Power Purchase Agreement Contract.

And it means I will build this project if you (the customers) pay me as a long term contract 11 cent pr. KWh for the electricity i deliver to the customers.

In this way customer know it is secured cheaper power than diesel, and power provider is secured economics of the project.

They knew how much diesel was used earlier, So they knew the potential income for the solar + storage project.

• And the point being??

Is that was is now collectively called as 'renewables' is not feasible in its current form and leads to the increased cost of electricity for everyone.

Completely wrong.

Market power in countries with renewable share is lower than elsewhere.

And Denmark is now facing out all subsidies for offshore wind power.

And traditional sources like nuclear is the most expensive New power projects today.

• Official Post

PPA means Power Purchase Contract.

Did you go into details of that PPA?

http://www.aegent.ca/insights/…rices-who-pays-in-the-end :

"Analyses of wind-powered generation also point to the same impact on prices. In general, there is a negative correlation between HOEP and wind output. This suggests that wind output is highest when demand and prices are lowest. As well, virtually all wind generators are paid a fixed price for their output, so they have no incentive to reduce their output when prices are low. In the specific hour noted above, there was about 400 MW of wind output when, if all wind output was responsive to price, there would have been zero.

The OPA will tend to have "more on the shelf" rather than less, leading to higher Global Adjustment charges and higher net prices."

That is how things are in Ontario. Maybe because we are 'different' here. I was trying to figure out how the charges are calculated. They made it public in a 1000s pages documents. The adjustment charge can be more than your actual energy charge. I guess it depends on the weather.

• Official Post

"Jatin Nathwani, a professor at the University of Waterloo who has sat on several public energy boards, says the $37 billion figure reflects the cost of building new generation capacity in the province, as well as engaging in various conservation and pollution-reduction strategies—none of which is reflected in the “spot” or market price for electricity. "
    https://www.macleans.ca/econom…pricey-electrical-system/

none of which is reflected in the “spot” or market price for electricity - that sound like a common trick to me. Allowing government regulators to deliver on political promises of a bluer skies.

• @Nozin: Progressivists have memory of tropical fish, whereas conservatives live from the past. Both attitudes are sort of mental disorder and they avoid reality

Your last article said Lead acid batteries and likely faulty ground the cause.

It was lead battery first, zinc battery latter and it did happen multiple times, this video is from 2012. Next time they will probably try lithium batteries, which burn even faster - also under nitrogen or concrete like thermite. It's nice to be part of utopian future.

• "Jatin Nathwani, a professor at the University of Waterloo who has sat on several public energy boards, says the $37 billion figure reflects the cost of building new generation capacity in the province...

Any issues you have with Ontario power system has nothing to with wind and solar in Ontario.

Those two are miniscule providers (less than 10%) compared to the more expensive nuclear or the cheapest one - Hydro power.

And the Power price from May 2020 below is not high at all, comparable to other places.

lenr-forum.com/attachment/12561/lenr-forum.com/attachment/12562/

• @Nozin: Progressivists have memory of tropical fish, whereas conservatives live from the past. Both approaches are sort of mental disorder and they avoid reality

Luckily the world is a dynamic place and changes continously, mostly for the better😉

The Iphone was introduced in 2007, but some think they have been around forever.

And phones very rarely catch fire, but still I never charge mine during night time, just for safety.

• miniscule 10% at prices sometimes x10 the market.

How miniscule was the $ spent on the green fuel fiasco at Thunder Bay..

"like the transformation of a Thunder Bay coal plant into a biomass facility

that produces electricity 25 times more expensive than similar plants in the province."

How much of the cost of electricity in Ontario is due to dunderheads?

Canada has no shortage of these... most of them are in Synfuels in Alberta..

• miniscule 10% at prices sometimes x10 the market. Sure.

Since when 10% is minuscule? Would you take 10% pay cut?

AGAIN modern wind and solar PPA contracts in Europe are fixed rates long term.

Nowadays new long term Power Purchase Agreements for solar and wind are around or Even below average market price of power.

I have no idea on agreed contracts in Ontario, and why they should vary.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.