LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• 100 years ago Alfred Hubbard, a young friend of Nikola Tesla, invented an inexpensive generator that, had it been mass produced, could have avoided the growth of fossil fuels. He demonstrated it powering a 35hp electric boat without batteries.

A modern version of his remarkable achievement is under development and will provide power 24/7/365. This will be one of a few parallel alternatives to intermittent solar and wind.

Attached is the segment from the aesopinstitute.org website titled MOVING BEYOND OIL. Scroll down to page 8 to see 3 of the original newspaper articles about Hubbard's invention.

• That must have been an interesting dynamic between Alfred Hubbard and his father, who is described as both an engineer and a 'capitalist'. The father was as perplexed and perhaps as skeptical as others about what his son had done.

Here is an excerpt from

https://blogs.sos.wa.gov/fromo…be-true-the-hubbard-coil/

which extends the story in time and leaves me in some wonderment:

• The Radium story was apparently to please his employer and not true. There are a few articles to that effect.

The inventor of the modern version discounts any need for Radium or any nuclear component.

A new prototype is in the works and is likely to close the door on that issue.

There was also a story that his patent application was the subject of a Patent Office Secrecy Order that closed the door to his ability to discuss his invention.

Hubbard went on to be considered the father of the use of LSD.

• What is the energy source? Where is entropy increasing?

• OK Jed, time to admit that you're powering your block with LENR. ;)

Ha!

What happened was, at 3 a.m. our block went off too. So now I am powering the house with a 2 kW clip on inverter in the Prius. Enough for the refrigerator, lights and internet. A Prius is good because the motor only comes on when needed, every half hour or so for 5 minutes. I wish I could tie into the main traction battery instead of the starter battery.

The GPC Outage Map says:

Estimated Restoration Time (ERT):
    Nov 1, 2020, 11:00 PM

Customers Affected 2,239

Outage Details Extreme weather caused widespread outages. Power to most customers will be restored by the ERT shown.

That's suspiciously precise. How do they know it will be 11:00 PM and not, say, 10:14?

As I said, electricity in Atlanta is not reliable. Because of all these trees. Falling trees killed 3 people in the city and destroyed a house a block away from me.

• Zeta aftermath.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The guy in that broadcast said "a rare weather event." Oh no it isn't! It happens a couple times a year. We have sometimes been out of power for days at a time.

Would be a shame to lose them all because they caused a few fatalities.

The trees are the main cause of power outages I think. But no one is suggesting we cut them all down!

Atlanta and Chamblee are urban areas but we have so many trees it looks like a forest from above. Plus we have lots of owls and hawks these days. The hawks swoop down and grab the birds eating at our bird feeder, like lions in Serengeti watering hole.

• I would buy a small solar panel of a bout 2kW and a Samsung accumulator of 5 or 10 kwh.

A 2 kW inverter for $100 is a better choice. Much smaller, cheaper, instantly deploy-able. With a Prius it uses very little gasoline. The stuff you list here costs thousands of dollars.

2 kW goes a lot farther than it used to, with a modern 600 W fridge and LED lights. The hot water and stove are gas. The hot water heater stays on. I don't know why, because it has some sort of electric starter.

One caution: Supposedly a 2010 Prius has a 1800 W fuse for the starter battery, and if it blows you have to get a tow. So don't exceed that. I wish I had one of those Kill-a-watt meter gadgets. Anyway, I go by the rating on the equipment. No microwave or coffee pot!

They should put two 1.5 kW regular AC plugs into a Prius dashboard, as an option, attached to the traction battery.

• 100 years ago Alfred Hubbard, a young friend of Nikola Tesla, invented an inexpensive generator that, had it been mass produced, could have avoided the growth of fossil fuels. He demonstrated it powering a 35hp electric boat without batteries.

A modern version of his remarkable achievement is under development and will provide power 24/7/365. This will be one of a few parallel alternatives to intermittent solar and wind.

Attached is the segment from the aesopinstitute.org website titled MOVING BEYOND OIL. Scroll down to page 8 to see 3 of the original newspaper articles about Hubbard's invention.

God at work in Maxwell.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.