LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• Official Post

https://justthenews.com/nation…ism-about-their-long-term

"If your goal is to reduce meat consumption, [meat replacements] are going to be very useful for that, because people who are eating these won't be eating meat," she said. "The major market for them is alternatives for meat eaters. They figure they've got the vegan community sewed up, so if they're going to remain financially viable, they have to expand their market share. And they're doing that by going to places where meat-eaters go through, and presenting an alternative."

"The companies have "done a pretty good job on taste," she said. "Are they healthier? It depends. Nutritional health is complicated by how much people are eating. These are what are called 'ultraprocessed food products,' before which a great deal of evidence demonstrates that people take in more calories if they eat these foods."

"It's going to be very hard to sort this out," she added.

• "If your goal is to reduce meat consumption, [meat replacements] are going to be very useful for that, because people who are eating these won't be eating meat," she said. "The major market for them is alternatives for meat eaters.

This article is about plant-based replacements for meat, such as the Impossible Burger. I find the Impossible Burger remarkably similar to an actual hamburger. My wife actually prefers it to the real thing. I think there will be a growing market for this sort of thing.

However, the next step beyond this is actual meat grown from cells in vitro. This is called "cultured meat." If that can be perfected I think it will take a large, permanent share of the market. It should taste exactly like the real thing, because it is the real thing.

Companies are already selling ice cream made by bioengineered yeast that produces the same whey as cow's milk.

https://www.vox.com/future-per…b-grown-dairy-perfect-day

• Official Post

However, the next step beyond this is actual meat grown from cells in vitro. This is called "cultured meat." If that can be perfected I think it will take a large, permanent share of the market. It should taste exactly like the real thing, because it is the real thing.

I do not see the point in eating meat protein, when the plant based alternatives are as tasty, nutritious, and healthy as. Just a matter of time now when that will happen.

• I assume you mean if it goes bust in China.

XJP doesn't care.. the technology is what matters....by hook or by crook

China dominates electric buses right now..

Europe/US are playing catchup

the auto market is huge

But China continues to dominate the electric bus market, registering 78,000 new vehicles in 2020, up by 9pc on the year to achieve a sales share of 27pc. Local policies to curb air pollution are the driving force, the IEA said.

https://www.argusmedia.com/en/…re-motor-vehicles-by-2030

• For many the animal protein is the problem, inflammation etc. So sources from legumes, nuts, fungi and grains are better for us in a wholistic sense.

• I do not see the point in eating meat protein, when the plant based alternatives are as tasty, nutritious, and healthy as.

The ones they have now are not as tasty. Or I should say, they taste different. Perhaps they will improve so much they will be indistinguishable from real meat. But I think cultured meat is more likely to reach that goal. Also, I think there are some recipes that do not work with plant-based meat substitutes.

• The ones they have now are not as tasty. Or I should say, they taste different. Perhaps they will improve so much they will be indistinguishable from real meat. But I think cultured meat is more likely to reach that goal. Also, I think there are some recipes that do not work with plant-based meat substitutes.

Why replace the meat when there are whole cuisines from multiple cultures abundant in plant-based protein that also have a balance of nutrients that aren't found in animal-based flesh. Japan, China and India come to mind! I eat veggie processed meats for taste, but by no means are they the only or major source of protein in my diet.

• Why replace the meat when there are whole cuisines from multiple cultures abundant in plant-based protein that also have a balance of nutrients that aren't found in animal-based flesh.

Some people like meat. They will pay for it. Unless the plant-based product is utterly indistinguishable from meat, I think many people will prefer meat. As long as there is consumer demand for meat, and it remains legal to sell, it will be made and sold. You may prefer something else, but other people will buy it. You cannot expect everyone to share your food preferences.

You don't like meat. I don't like tobacco. It definitely causes harm, and it has few redeeming qualities. I wish no one would buy the stuff. But, as long as it remains legal to sell, I expect people will buy it and smoke it, far into the future. We can't do anything about that. Our tastes and our opinions do not rule the marketplace.

Cultured meat will ultimately be cheaper than meat from animals. It will be cleaner, without as much contamination, bacteria or as many hormones. It will take much less energy and water to produce. It will eliminate the inhuman treatment of animals, and the slaughterhouse. (Although some people will probably demand the real thing.) So, in my opinion, it will be better for people, and better for animals and the ecosystem. I hope it can be developed.

So sources from legumes, nuts, fungi and grains are better for us in a wholistic sense.

I wouldn't know about that. Perhaps it is true. However, people do not always buy what is best to eat, or what is good for them. On the contrary, they buy a lot of "junk food" that is supposedly bad for you, with too much salt and too many processed ingredients. I wouldn't know if is actually as bad as portrayed in popular culture, but I can see that people eat too much and many are obese these days. In short, people are unwise. Even if plant-based food is better in a wholistic sense, people are sure to buy what is worse in a wholistic sense, including meat, so I hope it can be made somewhat less worse, and less destructive.

• I love plant meat, on the other hand I agree with you on the point that people will buy meat as long as it is legal and the taste experience they get from it is worth whatever health or environmental negatives may arise. I believe they should not consumed the most resource intensive, given the many nice statistics. Still the benifits and efficiency of consuming whole plant/fungi based substances (even if coprocessed by helpful insects, honey) is stagaringly amazing. This realisation I believe will accelerate into the view of more members of society.

• Official Post

https://vegnews.com/2021/7/nestle-lab-grown-meat

"Nestlé Is First Major Food Company to Get Behind Lab-Grown Meat. Is That a Good Thing?"

Getting there! Still though, if a plant based burger is as tasty, without all the added salt, I go for it.

• It will eliminate the inhuman treatment of animals, and the slaughterhouse.

Indeed it will. There will be several animal breeds be extinct very soon. Already several are endangered if you look at actual numbers. Some say 1 in 5 farm breeds are endangered.

https://www.livestockconservan…ved/internal/top-5-breeds

If a farm cannot make money selling animal products... meat... milk... leather....etc, they will not raise them.

This will cause their extinction.

These animals have no wild alternatives nor zoos....so they will indeed become extinct, but non-existence is better than the inhumane treatment!

Oh well.... who cares... they are not "real" animals anyway! They are "man-modified" through selective breeding. So it would be correct to set the world back in it's natural state by allowing these to become extinct. At least that is what some vegan sites say. :/

• Official Post

Indeed it will. There will be several animal breeds be extinct very soon. Already several are endangered if you look at actual numbers. Some say 1 in 5 farm breeds are endangered.

https://www.livestockconservan…ved/internal/top-5-breeds

Perhaps the people in India will give them a nice home so they do not go extinct? They are largely vegetarian, as long as there is no curry involved.

• Official Post

This is not solar / wind or even a so called “green” technology but is so called the “other clean nuclear”. I think this article makes some very interesting points.

It is about why we don’t see widespread use of Thorium reactors.

The Other Clean Nuclear Energy
    And the dirty secret to why it isn’t used
    medium.com

• If a farm cannot make money selling animal products... meat... milk... leather....etc, they will not raise them.

This will cause their extinction.

Many domesticated animals have gone extinct. Others, such as Percheron horses, are rare. This is inevitable, as food fashions, economics and technology change. A small number of the most common domesticated animals will surely be preserved. A sustainable level of breeding stock will be needed for research and to get the starting cells for in vitro meat production. Also, I expect a significant number of people will still want to eat meat from animals. Many domesticated animals will survive as pets, the way fancy chickens do.

Anyway, nothing can prevent the numbers from decreasing if we use plant based, in vitro, or something like e. coli based production of milk whey for ice cream. You cannot have both animals and the replacement products. If they go extinct that will be a pity, but the benefits outweigh the cost. The benefits include better health for people, lower costs for food, less environmental destruction, reduced inhuman treatment and slaughtering and so on. In technology there is never progress without some disadvantages. There is always a cost. There are winners, and there are always losers: farmers and livestock producers in this case. It is a shame they will lose their livelihood, but that cannot be avoided. The same goes for cold fusion. It has many advantages, but it will put millions of people in the energy industry out of work. Nothing can prevent that. A cold fusion based energy system needs only a few people. Thousands of times fewer people than any conventional source of energy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.