LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• It looks not very nice but there are more crude versions built with railway truck running up/down hill.

That may be crude, but railway technology is extremely reliable and long-lived. Even if that is less efficient, it might work better and last longer than 35 years.

Railcars last 25 to 50 years. Recently manufactured ones may last longer. Tracks have to be replaced periodically. I do not know how long they last with a system like this. It is a function of how much traffic they bear.

• Not emerging green technology but

is amazing what this young fellow

can do on a Computer.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• SEPTEMBER 20, 2021

Bill Gates raises over $1Bn for clean energy

Over $1 billion has been raised to boost clean energy under an effort by a Bill Gates-founded nonprofitOver $1 billion has been raised to boost clean energy under an effort by a Bill Gates-founded nonprofit.

Bill Gates's nonprofit group Breakthrough Energy announced Monday that it has raised more than $1 billion from seven major companies, including ArcelorMittal and General Motors, to fund clean energy development.

Early participants in the initiative, dubbed "Catalyst," also include American Airlines, Bank of America, BlackRock, Boston Consulting Group and Microsoft.

The amount raised so far tops $1 billion and has been given in the form of grants, shares and commitments to acquire the technologies developed, a spokesman for the organization told AFP.

Launched in June, Catalyst has already forged partnerships with the European Commission, the European Investment Bank, and the US Department of Energy.

The idea is to support the development of new energy solutions to combat climate change by bringing together the public and private sectors and funding the steps to commercialization. Other companies are expected to join the initiative.

The project will initially focus on accelerating the deployment of four technologies: direct carbon capture, green hydrogen, long-term energy storage and sustainable aviation fuels.

• https://cen.acs.org/materials/energy-storage/100-million-nickel-hydrogen-batteries/99/i34

EnerVenue, a Fremont, California–based developer of nickel-hydrogen batteries, has secured $100 million in a series A funding round led by Schlumberger New Energy. EnerVenue says its battery is a low-maintenance alternative to lithium-ion batteries. Ni–H2 technology has been used to power orbital spacecraft, according to the company. It plans to use the cash to build a plant in the US to serve stationary power markets.

• Africa’s explosive Lake Kivu

Lake Kivu is a geological anomaly: the surface is fresh and filled with fish, but the depths hold huge quantities of dissolved carbon dioxide, methane and hydrogen sulfide. The picturesque lake, nestled between the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Rwanda, has the potential to explosively release these gases in a rare phenomenon known as a limnic eruption. That could fill the surrounding valley with suffocating and toxic gas, potentially killing millions of people. Energy companies are keen to ramp up extraction of methane from the lake for power. Scientists are scrambling to determine whether this will make the lake safer — or potentially set off a ticking time bomb.

Nature | 13 min read

• Why we wont have hot fusion any time soon...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wooden Wind Turbines.

• External Content youtu.be

• Climate and complex systems share Nobel

Three researchers have won the 2021 Nobel Prize in Physics for their work on describing complex physical systems — including foundational research that predicted that increasing levels of carbon dioxide in Earth’s atmosphere would raise global temperatures. Syukuro Manabe and Klaus Hasselmann share half of the prize of 10 million Swedish kronor (US$1.15 million) for modelling the physics of Earth’s climate. Theoretical physicist Giorgio Parisi was awarded the other half for his contributions to the theory of complex systems. His work has affected many areas, from neuroscience to how granular materials pack.

Asked if the Nobel committee was sending a message to world leaders with the award, Göran Hansson, secretary-general of the prize-awarding Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, said: “What we are saying is that the modelling climate is solidly based in physical theory and solid physics.” He added: “Global warming is resting on solid science. That is the message.”

Nature | 5 min read

• A fun fact is that Greeta Thunberg is a descendant of Svante Arrhenius wich is fitting well with this nobel price

• Here is a new electric car that goes 520 miles on a charge. As I said earlier in this discussion, that obviates the problem of long recharge times, because most people do not drive 520 miles in one day. Even if you drive more than that, you only need to recharge once, because you can recharge when you reach your destination, even if it is someone's house.

This car is expensive, but the developers think they will soon be able to make a cheaper model with a similar long range.

This electric car can go 520 miles on a charge but the CEO says that's not important

(CNN)The Lucid Air Dream Edition was recently rated by the Environmental Protection Agency with an estimated driving range of 520 miles on a full charge. That's the longest range of any purely battery-powered car yet rated by the EPA, including Tesla's Model S Long Range.

It's not just a little longer, either. The Air goes an estimated 115 miles farther on a charge than the Tesla. It's even farther than most gasoline cars can travel on a full tank. . . .

This electric car can go 520 miles on a charge but the CEO says that's not important
    The Lucid Air Dream Edition was recently rated by the Environmental Protection Agency with an estimated driving range of 520 miles on a full charge. That's the…
    www.cnn.com

• Also note that right now there is a 20% margain of Teslas which will hint of how much room there is to lower the price, combine that with high prices of gazoline or incentives to buy EV's that is in the wokings all over the world one would realize that EV's will be very attractive soon. I expect that transit to EV's to be much quicker due to this then most expects. Elon Musk and Tesla are really fun to follow as a technology nerd, their innovation is amazing. It is telling that The Wolksvagen group is sort of pannicking now when they realized that Tesla makes a car 3x as fast as they, that's insane. A fun fact is that Elon Musk had no problem open source patents they had and quite cocky said that that did not matter as they innovated so fast that those patents would be obsolete when competitors had implemented them. I will not buy another ICE car, just stick to my old car and run it untill it stops as I suspect that an ICE car's second hand value will drop dramaticly in the near future.

• Solar Panels plus Farming?

• There is a new small 600 W Chinese wind turbine which has the same output as up to 10 solar panels in winter when we need the power!"!!! I have set one up outside my house, no planning permission necessary!!! But in the long run we need LENR reactors now. As soon as we can test my prototype we can get a British patent to build a power station sized reactor. Finding the $$$ is the problem now, the physics is all in the Public Domain.

• Hydrogen engine for Construction

Equipment.

• I was calculating the total cost of owning a Tesla compared to a gasonline car in Sweden. A Tesla model 3 is in principle as expensive as a gas sedan volvo or wolksvagen, But if you remove gasoline costs in Sweden, Tax reduction and Environment premiums as well as what you can gain with the new insurance innovation that Tesla has in the pipline as well as lower service costs and repair costs I got 30000 - 40000 dollar less for a new Tesla than a new gazoline Volvo or Wolksvagen. Heck a cheap gazoline sedan is probably on pair with the Tesla 3 today. Now, in 5 years time I suspect the self driving features will be so well tested that you can read the newspaper while commuting to work. A Tesla sold today have all the hardware that is needed for self driving. If you want the service you can buy it through an over the air update. Tesla is the only car that have these capabilities. I estimate that if you want to retrofit this into a car, the retrofit will surely cost 5000 - 10000 dollars as well. Tesla will license the technology to other companies electric vehicles, which means that a gasoline car seams really really risky. So in all the best buy I can do today economically in Sweden is to buy a Tesla, I can't afford S,Y,X but model 3 should be possible and if I needed to buy a new car today that would be my choice. But as I know a very good mechanic that repairs my car for half the price of the volkswagen shop, I think it is better to keep on using the old car a while more though.

So what's the calculation (10 year of owning it)

Lower insurance: 3000 - 5000 New potential Tesla offering

Lower price of electricity compared to gas: 7-10000 (gas prices are insane here)

Environment reduction 7000 when bought

Tax reduction 3000 yearly fee of 300 reduction compared to gazoline cars

Less service costs and repair 5000 you donät do much service which cost me 300-500 a year and then we have the fact that

gas car need more repair only this year I have paid 2500 for issues a electric car does not have

Potential cost of retrofitting FSD 5000-10000 (note it is really unsure that Tesla would like to sell FSD to gas models, expect that the actual cost in

lower second hand cost will easilly be much more than this.

Total 30.000 - 40.000 dollare reduction compared to a gas car

I would say that it's a slam dunk for me to buy a Tesla 3 today, oh in Norway the most satisfied customers are Tesla customers and I heard that the Tesla is really

fun to drive.

There are a few things that remains here though, better story for people not having a garage, some improvements regarding recharge stations (northen sweden is not good

for an electric car and it is quite common to take a vacation there an skiing/hiking. The cold weather story could improve. A bit more range perhaps, but I believe that

is fixed with better charging infrastructure. These things are not hard nor expensive to fix and will be gone in a couple of years time.

Tesla can potentially gather a ton of information about the driver and if you take it cool, do not stress, do not take risks and drive generally safely, you will potentially get quite a bit of reduction in the insurance cost. Also in case of accident Tesla record with cameras and sensors what really happens so if there is an accident the correct evaluation is really high and most likely the more careful driver's insurance company do not need to pay. This is excellent news for driver safety, and if I was managing the general road safety I would do the wave at such a proposition. Yes, sure there are privacy issues, but I would probably just say thank you, and enjoy my 3000 dollars extra or what not there will be saved. To insure a Tesla in sweden, you can pay 700-1000 dollars a year here.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.